can anyone in the field help me answer some questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Tea Szukala in salt lake city, Utah

52 months ago

So I want to be a social worker really badly and was wondering what steps you took to get there. I want to do clinical work and maybe teach people how to become a social worker eventually. What are the different programs called? I'm going to school to get my associates degree from my college and I was thinking about going to to the u of u to eventually get my Ph.D.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mamiiluv1020@gmail.com in Staten Island, New York

48 months ago

can anyone become a social worker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

socialwkr in Missouri

48 months ago

mamiiluv1020@gmail.com in Staten Island, New York said: can anyone become a social worker

In Missouri, it is in our state statute passed by the legislature back a couple of years ago, that only individuals with a degree in social work can call themselves a "social worker".

Some agencies do hire individuals without a social work degree to do "basic" social service type work, but they cannot call themselves a social worker in Missouri. Some of the job titles I have seen are "social services assistant", "caseworker", "social service designee", etc.

I am not sure if NY has a law that also protects the title of social worker?

Also in Missouri one cannot get any type of licensure in social work, unless they have a degree BSW or MSW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.