What to expect from MSW Program....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Moniesincere Williams in Long Valley, New Jersey

49 months ago

I start Rutgers MSW program next month. I am nervous and anxious > I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or comments about their experiences in the MSW program. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

richardzhartley in New Brunswick, New Jersey

47 months ago

Moniesincere Williams in Long Valley, New Jersey said: I start Rutgers MSW program next month. I am nervous and anxious > I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or comments about their experiences in the MSW program. Thanks

By now you must be fully acclimated as a graduate student in the program. Usually, its the "field placement" responsibilities and requirements that younger students find more challenging.

I loved the Rutgers Program....Professors generally were very good and sensitive to the stresses and pressures associated with graduate level social work studies. Use the students services that are provided...and always remember there is no such thing as a stupid question....Chances are if you have questions about something....there are at least five other students in the same room who for whatever reason keep their questions to themselves...

Finally, "screwing up" is an essential part of the graduate student experience. Or to put it somewhat crudely....you can f--k up big time as a student without it be a permanent, career ending disaster. (just don't have an affair with a client) that is the one professional mistake that correctly should be a career ending disaster. The damage you do your client can never be repaired.

Enjoy,

Richard Z. Hartley MSW Class of 1993

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.