How to get MSW paid for??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Kristina in Cabot, Arkansas

55 months ago

Hello Ashley. I got a student loan to pay for my MSW, about 30K. All info I got on campus in Financial Service Department, and applied online, I think. It was in 2006. I have to pay my loan back though. I am not sure where the best SM program is, but I got mine in Arkansas, and it was good enough to pay me $35 an hour. Progam was also very easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nick in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Hi there, many graduate programs have research assistanceships or teacher's assistanship programs that provide tuition waivers but students must work a stipulated number of hours in order to receive this (depending on the school). I checked out a MSW at the university of North Dakota that has such a program availabile but you must work around 20 hours a week in order to qualify for this. Also, I am not sure as to whether or not that pays for 100% of tuition..you might still need to get student loans. Either way, this is the only program I've found that fits your criteria thus far....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TP in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Get a job in Penn as a County Case Worker, you go to any school for free then owe them a few years. UPenn, for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Bristol, Tennessee

54 months ago

University of TN has a wonderful MSW program!! You can do it on line also!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Celeste in Little Rock, Arkansas

37 months ago

TP in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Get a job in Penn as a County Case Worker, you go to any school for free then owe them a few years. UPenn, for free.

What program is that specifically? or where can I find more info online...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.