Getting away from the computer (Career)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Kurtis in Dayton, Ohio

29 months ago

So I've finished my Bachelors in Computer Science. I've been doing Web Application Development for about four years as a "freelancer". I've taken on a couple of contract positions doing various things in the industry. After spending most of my 26 years of life and tens of thousands of dollars in loans to get to where I'm at now -- I've realized that I absolutely need to get away from actually working with computers for any significant time.

I am a single father of a young child so I can't nessasarily give up my skills and experience to run off and sell T-Shirts for a living. Does anybody have any recommendations on something I could pursue that I might be able to make a decent wage that doesn't involve long hours and staring at a computer? I just feel like this lifestyle is extremely unhealthy and is already taking its toll on me -- I can't imagine spending the rest of my life doing it.

By the way, I'm not trying to come off as a "negative nacy" :) I'm just seeking other options since I'm sure there's got to be something out there I can do that doesn't involve staring at a computer screen for 40*5*52+ hours each year.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.