Junior software developer - how to get a job in the USA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

cybergirl in Cluj-napoca, Romania

39 months ago

Hi,

I am a junior software developer, I have recently finished my studies. Now I am working at a company, developing mobile applications (for Android and iPhone). My dream is to get a job in the USA, especially in New York, just to see, how life is there. So, I mean, to work there for about 4-6 months, not even to be a tourist. Can you give me some advice, where to begin this plan? Which are the programming languages that I should know?

Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Cyberboy in Birmingham, United Kingdom

39 months ago

Hi, cybergirl! New York is an amazing place, I've visited it a few years ago and since then my life goal has been to move there! :) Oh, and I also come from Romania btw.

There are good opportunities for many programming languages, so don't focus that much on this. What I think it is essential to become a good programmer is to have strong problem solving skills and to know data structures and algorithms very well -especially graphs-. If you are able to prove that you ace these, then everything should be much easier.

Mobile applications development is a hot field these days so it's great that you already have some experience. I suggest sticking to your job until you are completely sure you acquired the necessary skills to try applying for jobs in The States. Why not move there for good and stay just a couple of months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gagan55 in Jammu, India

37 months ago

can we get job even if we don't have any experience as we are freshers so for that what procedure must be followed to grab a job in new york ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

arun in Chennai, India

3 months ago

hi iam arun iam completed b.tech/it,i know core java well,iam a fresher so i try to find a job,but i can't place in any core campany,they are expected the more skills so,what can i do?may i studied any courses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.