What are typical solidworks designer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

carpentierobueno in Conroe, Texas

58 months ago

In the major manufacturing areas (Houston, Denver) you should start around 30K with a couple of years experience. If you can learn to be johnny-on-the-spot when it hits the fan, you will be noticed by upper management and move up quiclky. Also, it helps if you dress nice, but not too nice. I've seen too many talented designers stagnate because they refuse to trade in those old blue jeans and t-shirts for some pressed slacks and button-up shirts.

To answer your question, a self-sufficient designer that can handle a project from idea to implementation can make 50-65K without a formal degree. The key is self-sufficient. Nobody wants a whiner. Be the 'yes' man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

teddy in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

I've never seen any SolidWorks designer making more than 40k in Houston. I hear these rumors of them making more than 50k but i have never worked for a company paying that much. I am a SW professional and my company barely pays me 40K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carpentierobueno in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Yep, I work in an engineering department where nobody makes under 40,000. If you make less than that with a CSWP, reply and I can get you a job working with me. My buddy is leaving because he's been offered 50,000 at a competitor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

NJR Designs in Westerly, Rhode Island

35 months ago

I'm From the Northeast and things are still bad in this area for employment. Looking for advice or leads on where to find solid works jobs were I can work from home as a Mechanical 3D Model Designer. 28 years in the Engineering field plastics and sheet metal background. I purchased a seat of Solid Works. Any leads appreciated.....single Mom

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pyramid Design in Katy, Texas

33 months ago

Mechanical Designer with 31 years experience (in Houston, Tx.)...made $93K as an independent contractor. Typical pay rate for me is $40-$45/hour. Beginning Solidworks drafters will make around $15-20/hour here.

My advice: Get a Solidworks job. Take ownership of whatever task/product you are given. Ask lots of questions. Listen well. Don't be afraid to admit when you don't know something.

Just as owning a hammer doesn't make someone a carpenter, knowing how to use Solidworks doesn't make someone a Designer. But, it may help you get an opportunity to become a Designer in the future.

Good luck to ya...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

roozbeh in Anonymous Proxy

10 months ago

carpentierobueno in Houston, Texas said: Yep, I work in an engineering department where nobody makes under 40,000. If you make less than that with a CSWP, reply and I can get you a job working with me. My buddy is leaving because he's been offered 50,000 at a competitor.

I am ready to cooperate my freind. let me know please.
roozzbbeh@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

govind in Mumbai, India

10 months ago

carpentierobueno in Houston, Texas said: Yep, I work in an engineering department where nobody makes under 40,000. If you make less than that with a CSWP, reply and I can get you a job working with me. My buddy is leaving because he's been offered 50,000 at a competitor.

hi i have done diploma in product design from cadd center. but with no experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

govind in Mumbai, India

10 months ago

hi i have done diploma in product design from cadd center. but with no experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

akshaymall in New Delhi, India

9 months ago

Generally, the salary depends upon which department you belong to. Some of the factors that should be considered are listed below:

1. The salary of a trainee in R&D department is different from that of a trainee in Quality department.

2. Your credentials also play a vital role in the salary. The more your qualification match with the job profile, more is the chance of you earning more money.

Check out this link: zuby.in/salary/

Hope it helps!

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Barbarian in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

Solidworks designer 40k? What? My friend installs dishes doesnt even have high school diploma and makes roughly 40k a year haa. College degree alone should ensure at least 50k 3d Modeling should go to 60k minimum 3D mechanical Modeling such as solidworks at least at the very least 35 an hour 45-50 hr maximum fair market rates. Someone who just types in a computer makes 15-20hr how the hell does someone who makes 3d mechanical models make same rate? I talked to someone from Bressler ground in Philadelphia they offered 15 hr for junior 3d mechanical designer position I loled. No wonder economy is collapsing those with Degrees and those without are making about the same which is very sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.