Interpreter

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Silvia in Kansas City, Missouri

67 months ago

what would be a good college or university for interpreter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gomez in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

67 months ago

The best one I know of is the Monterrey Institute in Monterrey, California. But, in Illinois there is the University of Chicago that has a Translator program (certificate). If you are looking for an undergraduate, the closest is UMW (Univeristy of Milwaukee in Wisconsin) or Indiana. Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gomez in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

67 months ago

gomez in Rolling Meadows, Illinois said: The best one I know of is the Monterrey Institute in Monterrey, California. But, in Illinois there is the University of Chicago that has a Translator program (certificate). If you are looking for an undergraduate, the closest is UMW (Univeristy of Milwaukee in Wisconsin) or Indiana. Good Luck!!!

Sorry, UWM (University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee). You also have to see if you want to be an interpreter or a translator. If you want to be an interpreter, what kind? Medical or Legal. If you want to be a Medical Interpreter, you can go to the agencies, pass the test and they will give you a 40 hr. training certificate and then that will be good enough to work as a Medical Interpreter. some agencies are: Heartland alliance/Cross-cultural Interpreting services, then there is ILS (International Language Services) ilschicago.com or another one which is fairly new is Metaphrasis (also in Chicago) metaphrasislcs.com. I hope all this information can help you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.