What are typical superintendent salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Eltonto5@aol.com in Bronx, New York

77 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

Get some classes like: Standpipe and Sprinkle, Air polution Control, Fire Safety Director, Lock Smith, Alarm System,Plumbing Basic, Electrical Basic, carpentry Basic etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Huckfeldt in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

As I am a current super what do i do to get a better companys attention

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Huckfeldt in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

This did not answer my question

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marcello in Hialeah, Florida

72 months ago

You need to learn everything you can about const to be a good super.Also you need to have people skills to help you deal with some of the fools in the industry.As far as how much it pays first you need to get a job as a super with anyone who will give you that chance. once you get the job learn learn learn.Basic sallary for a super is anywhere from $50,000. to $ 150,000 a year depending on your experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

B Smith in Littleton, Colorado

71 months ago

First get your 10 or 30 hour OSHA training as this is a requirement of any superintendent position. Next get your First Aid certificate as well as your CPR certificate as these are also mandatory rquirements for a superintendent position. Once you have these you can get your foot in the door. As far as wages are concerned Marcello is right - it all depends on your experience. If all youi did was build houses you might expect $40k to $50k as a starting wage. If you have stepped out of the housing industry and worked as a commercial superintendent you might expect $50k to $60 as a starting salary. Get more experience under your belt with multi-story work or industrial and you could possibly reach the higher end that Marcello eludes too but that would be after quite a few years. If you are willing this is a good career but with the economy as it is it will be a very cmpetetive market for you. You may want to check into training such as community colleges that specialize in construction education or get involved with a union of your choice as they also have training that is valuable to this position. Best of luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ray@rayadams.us in Decatur, Georgia

57 months ago

My pay is usually over 100k

I spent many years building my reputation as one of the top construction superintendents in the country. I have extensive knowledge in all facets of construction, including the ability to perform the work myself. I am a negotiator without equal. I give 100% to my employers. The problem at this time is that there are hundreds or thousands of superintendents unemployed. Most of which are low to mid level types. They are willing to work for half what I charge. The point being that they are worth half or less. The superintendent is the single most important person involved in the construction of any project. This person directly affects, safety, profits, the schedule, quality, future project awards, etc. Why would a company want to hire the least expensive superintendent available? I am also an excellent project manager and estimator, this makes me even more valuable. My point being, with so much at stake I would want the best. When you finish on time or ahead, you make more money. When the customer is happy you receive more projects and recommendations. Completing safe projects helps with insurance rates. Top superintendents earn their pay. If a company wants to shop price, I suggest doing it with equipment and materials. Even then be careful of defective items.
Sincerely,
Ray Adams
www.rayadams.us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.