Absa exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

T

60 months ago

I'm taking the absa exam & it would be helpful if anyone has taken it to give me heads up on what to expect thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SurgAssistNTX in San Antonio, Texas

60 months ago

The study guide that they send you is o.k., but know your ortho fractures (not in the guide), memorize and understand the visual pictures in the guide, lab values (blood, urine) of males and females, all kinds of detailed stuff like - atrial pressures, how the electrical flow goes through the heart, all about a total knee (why, when, where, etc ), length of small bowel, etc, etc..... It wasn't hard, but I did have to really apply myself by studying that guide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T in Elkhart, Indiana

60 months ago

anyone know the atrial pressures thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

drislamamz in Reading, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

T said: I'm taking the absa exam & it would be helpful if anyone has taken it to give me heads up on what to expect thanks

hi
iam preparing for this exam too ,it will be nice if i share this experience with u
my e-mail drislamamz@yahoo.com
thanks

T in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

I posted that over a year and a half ago but good luck on the exam

drislamamz in Reading, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

can u give me ur past experience about this exam
how difficult it is ?

SurgAssistNTX in San Antonio, Texas

44 months ago

The test wasn't too hard, but you have to study. It is designed so NO ONE will "ace" the exam. If you have a solid surgical foundation (years of service in the OR with experience in all specialities), then you should pass with a review of the study the guide. Like I suggested in the previous note... I'm hinting on the areas they focused on. Know all your ortho fractures (I think it was 8 different kinds not listed in the guide - search "kinds of bone fractures Merck" and you will get Merck's site - see fig 2 - that is what is on the test), memorize and understand the visual pictures in the guide - they are all on the test, lab values (blood, urine) of males and females - all on the test, then there is just detailed stuff like - atrial pressures, how the electrical flow goes through the heart, all about a total knee (why, when, where, etc ), length of small bowel, etc. The exam has a HEAVY influence of Ortho - if you're not strong in Ortho - Study everything in the guide that involves ortho. If you study the study guide alone - you will pass. The only thing I remember not being in the study guide was the bone fractures, so don't waste your time on outside sources... use the guide. The way the questions are written in the guide is the way you will see them on the test. Some will be reworded, but it's the same information. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

drislamamz in Norristown, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

thank you for all these information it is really helpful

Halimur in Keller, Texas

38 months ago

I am a FMG, Taking the ABSA test on06/11/2011. Which guide book should I read? Any advise?

Sam in Superior, Wisconsin

36 months ago

Hi Folks! I'm a FMG from Germany and I want to become a Surgical Assistant.Could someone please tell me how to be a surgical assistant? Do I have to go to school for that or my Degree from Germany is enough for becoming a surgical assistant.What exams to I have to take in order to be a CSA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bill_rsac in Deerfield, Illinois

36 months ago

Sam in Superior, Wisconsin said: Hi Folks! I'm a FMG from Germany and I want to become a Surgical Assistant.Could someone please tell me how to be a surgical assistant? Do I have to go to school for that or my Degree from Germany is enough for becoming a surgical assistant.What exams to I have to take in order to be a CSA?

Hi Sam, please send me an email. I may have the answers that you are seeking.
bill_rsac@yahoo.com

mitt in Santa Clara, California

35 months ago

Just study the material sent to you. The test is designed to be passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cjac in Greer, South Carolina

34 months ago

I will take the ABSA exam on 9/24/2011 in Chicago. They sent me the review guide and most of the people say it is sufficient to study just the guide and it will be ok. But the review guide has only 5 anatomical pictures and sample quizzes. Is this really enough to go through or does somebody know of a good review book he also possibly used for the exam?
Every advice would be much appreciated!

tx.firstassist in Fort Worth, Texas

34 months ago

I am a CSFA with a strong first assisting practice in the DFW metroplex. I also have a strong medical and surgical billing company .Being a surgical assistant myself I know the importance of having your claims procesed by a team specialized in first assistant billing. If anyone needs help with their current billing situation or would like help getting started, please feel free to e-mail me. Thank you and I look forward to helping you.
www.tx.firstassist@gmail.com

Shanee Wright in Mcminnville, Tennessee

17 months ago

I am taking the CSFA exam in 4 weeks....I have 11 years of OR experience with a bit in every field. I have no idea how to prepare for this test. I am sure my views in the real world are different from the book....can anyone give me any advice to pass this exam.
shaneewright@yahoo.com

Pretty Roman in Wesley Chapel, Florida

12 months ago

T said: I'm taking the absa exam & it would be helpful if anyone has taken it to give me heads up on what to expect thanks

Upgrade Your Professional Recognition & Knowledge
with a National Certification! CST,RNFA,PA'S

TRSAS Next Preparation & Review for Certification Exam
Start July 16, 2013, August 27th & October 2nd

www.trsurgical.com

12 Of my Clients have passed in the last 2 and Half months.
Now they can bill and go on there own.

Flordia Surgical Assistant in Land O Lakes, Florida

9 months ago

Prep And Review Course for ABSA
trsurgical.com/services

Flordia Surgical Assistant in Land O Lakes, Florida

9 months ago

drislamamz in Reading, Pennsylvania said: can u give me ur past experience about this exam
how difficult it is ?

Prep And Review Course for ABSA
trsurgical.com/services

ndshah25 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

5 months ago

I am certified by ABSA since september 2012 and my certification will expire on June 2014. What is the procedure to renew my certification. I have applied 100s of places and attended 3-4 interviews but no luck. Is it possible to get it renewed by retaking test I passed.

ndshah25 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

5 months ago

I am certified by ABSA where can I have opportunity to work as SA. I don't find any place yet.

elaine123 in Lake Wales, Florida

3 months ago

ndshah25 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois said: I am certified by ABSA where can I have opportunity to work as SA. I don't find any place yet.

WHERE I WORKED THEY NEED SA INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW

3 months ago

ndshah25 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois said: I am certified by ABSA where can I have opportunity to work as SA. I don't find any place yet.

WHERE I WORK THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SA PLEASE LET ME KNOW

3 months ago

I'm taking the ABSA exam & it would be helpful if anyone who has taken it could give me any advice on how to pass this exam. Thank you in advance!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.