Anyone know of any Surgical Assistant Jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 165)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia

85 months ago

I am looking for a Job as a surgical assistant outside of Virginia, anyone know of any? I am certified with 10 years of experience. I am open to either a hospital or a group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gretchen in Cincinnati, Ohio

84 months ago

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia said: I am looking for a Job as a surgical assistant outside of Virginia, anyone know of any? I am certified with 10 years of experience. I am open to either a hospital or a group.

deaconess hospital in cincinnati

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jodi in Winter Haven, Florida

84 months ago

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia said: I am looking for a Job as a surgical assistant outside of Virginia, anyone know of any? I am certified with 10 years of experience. I am open to either a hospital or a group.

are you interested in moving to Lakeland, FL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

djhughes017 in Nampa, Idaho

83 months ago

Paula, I am Boise, ID and wanting to relocate. What are the average starting saleries where you are? I just graduated from Meridian Institute of Surgical Assisting and am a CST, CFA, CSA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

kisol in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

i am a foreign medical graduate with 20 yrs of experience . currrently certified as surgical assistant with current CPR. Looking for job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jodi in Winter Haven, Florida

83 months ago

kisol in Tampa, Florida said: i am a foreign medical graduate with 20 yrs of experience . currrently certified as surgical assistant with current CPR. Looking for job.

Kisol, we have an opening in Lakeeland, FL at the Watson Clinic. I would love to talk with you, please email me at watsonsurgicalassistant@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JasLyd

83 months ago

I am looking for a Surg Assist Job in Houston area, any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JasLyd

83 months ago

By the way I have 10+ years of experience, and specialize in general, bariatrics, gyn and spine. Please e-mail me @JasLyd@GMail.com

rodgers in Manassas, Virginia

83 months ago

i am a foreign medical graduate with some yrs of experience and am with current CPR.looking for a surgical assistant job. in VA.

email.... pj123_96@hotmail.com

Thanks for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Whitesnow in Norfolk, Virginia

81 months ago

i am a foreign OB/GYN with 10 yrs of experience . currrently certified as surgical assistant with current CPR. Looking for job.

Grace Marquez in Tucson, Arizona

81 months ago

orthopaedicpac in Killeen, Texas said: I am looking for a surgical assistant to join my surgical assistant practice.
I can be reached via email at dmarrero@hillcrest.net

Dennis Marrero, C.S.T.,C.F.A.-O.S., L.S.A., O.P.A.-C

am a Certified Surgical First Assistant looking for a job willing to relocate, with 6 years experience, all specialties ( ORTHO, SPINE, NEURO, GYN, GEN, PLASTICS, LAPROSCOPIC, VASCULAR, CV, VEIN HARVESTING)was an instructor for 2 years, and I am certified with the Devinshi robotic system
I can be reached via e-mail at gmmsurgical@yahoo.com

80 months ago

Still looking outside of Virginia for a Surgical Assisting job, either in the Washington DC area, Philadelphia area, Baltimore area, NYC area.....I just need to be near a large city that gets SOME SNOW!!!! Let me know if you are aware of anything out there!!! Thanks

Rodney Jensen in Denver, Colorado

79 months ago

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia said: Still looking outside of Virginia for a Surgical Assisting job, either in the Washington DC area, Philadelphia area, Baltimore area, NYC area.....I just need to be near a large city that gets SOME SNOW!!!! Let me know if you are aware of anything out there!!! Thanks

I have a fulltime position for a Certified Surgical Assistant near Denver CO. Contact Kaiser Permanente in Denver CO. PRN positions also available.

79 months ago

Thanks Rodney, I looked at a posting online for that hospital before, I think it said the pay was between $22 and $28/hr, which even at $28/hr is still considerably less than I am making now. Thanks for the heads up though, Colorado is a beautiful place but money talks.

orthopaedicpac in Waco, Texas

79 months ago

I am still interested in hiring a certified surgical assistant. Willing to relocate to Waco, Texas.
email: dmarrero@hillcrest.net

Dennis Marrero, C.S.T., C.F.A-O.S., L.S.A., O.P.A.-C

john melancon in Thibodaux, Louisiana

79 months ago

orthopaedicpac in Waco, Texas said: I am still interested in hiring a certified surgical assistant. Willing to relocate to Waco, Texas.

Hello Dennis Marrero, my name is John P. Melancon CST/CFA from Thibodaux,Louisiana and am willing to relocate. I can be reached at bigjohnmissalot@yahoo.com to answer any ? Thanks John

grace marquez in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

79 months ago

orthopaedicpac in Waco, Texas said: I am still interested in hiring a certified surgical assistant. Willing to relocate to Waco, Texas.

am a Certified Surgical First Assistant looking for a job willing to relocate, with 6 years experience, all specialties ( ORTHO, SPINE, NEURO, GYN, GEN, PLASTICS, LAPROSCOPIC, VASCULAR, CV, VEIN HARVESTING)was an instructor for 2 years, and I am certified with the Devinshi robotic system
I can be reached via e-mail at gmmsurgical@yahoo.com
my name is grace marquez I had already sent you an e-mail and did not get a response from you hope this will help

Shemuel-Benn Psalms in Tucson, Arizona

79 months ago

Tommy Littlefoot in Richmond, Virginia said: From what I hear, Dennis from Waco is being investigated by the I.R.S. I was also interested until I heard that

have you asked him that personally? it may or may not be true.

Lorena Guerra

79 months ago

Hello. My name is Lorena and I am a Lisc. Surgical Asistant currently working for an all female OB-GYN practice. I am needing to relaocate to Tampa, Florida preferrably but am open relocate to another state. I am currently living in Louisiana but am originally from Nebraska. I have 6 years of O.R. experience 2 years that started off as a scrub tech. I received my S.A. training through E.S.S.F.A..My specialty area is of course, OB-GYN which I also work in the clinic as a nurse and am in charge of our lab and patient care. I Pre-cert all of our surgeries and schedule them as well. I also do Pre-Op's and Post-Op's. I also have experience in assisting in Plastic's and General surgeries and am willing to open up learn other service's. I am very friendly, courtious, professional, and take my work seriously..I am always striving to do my best and know that no matter how good you think you are, there is always room for improvement. Would love to hear if anyone knows of anything available. Thanks!

Lorena Guerra

79 months ago

Jodi in Winter Haven, Florida said: are you interested in moving to Lakeland, FL?

Hey! Is this position still available? If so, How far is it from Pinellas Park/Tampa, Florida?

Hugo Sanchez in Louisville, Kentucky

79 months ago

Am foreing Medical Graduate with a Certified Surgical Assistant,looking for a job ,willing to recolate to Texas or Florida State,I'm willing to train to be Surgical Assistant.

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

How was your exam of Surgical Assistant ? Did you take classes first ?

Lorena Guerra in Bossier City, Louisiana

79 months ago

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia said: How was your exam of Surgical Assistant ? Did you take classes first ?

I did take the First Assistant course through the Elite School of Surgical First Assisting (E.S.S.F.A) You can go to www.essfa.net to check it out. The Boards re a little tough. I didn't pass the first time but did the 2nd Time. I went thru the ABSA. When you pay your $345.00 fee to take the test, they send you your packet and a blue study guide with about 400 questions it to study. I studied that guide front to back. When I took the boards, only about half of those questions were on the test. And of those questions, half were other questions I had never seen before and were not in the guide. Does that make sense? I hope it didn't confuse you.There were foreign trained physicians taking the test when I took mine in Houston,Tx. If there is anything you would like to know, hit me up.

79 months ago

May I have your e-mail address ?

79 months ago

Hi, Hugo
would you like to comment a little bit about your exam ?

79 months ago

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia said: May I have your e-mail address ?

lorenna_34@yahoo.com

79 months ago

Lorena Guerra in Bossier City, Louisiana said: I did take the First Assistant course through the Elite School of Surgical First Assisting (E.S.S.F.A) You can go to www.essfa.net to check it out. The Boards re a little tough. I didn't pass the first time but did the 2nd Time. I went thru the ABSA. When you pay your $345.00 fee to take the test, they send you your packet and a blue study guide with about 400 questions it to study. I studied that guide front to back. When I took the boards, only about half of those questions were on the test. And of those questions, half were other questions I had never seen before and were not in the guide. Does that make sense? I hope it didn't confuse you.There were foreign trained physicians taking the test when I took mine in Houston,Tx. If there is anything you would like to know, hit me up.

I know a guy who took it on the 10th in houston. he said that the exam was easy and that the questions that appeared weren't really what he studied, even though we both were sent the same book....what you wrote is a lot different that what he told me. Now I am wondering what mine will be like.

79 months ago

I was a medical doctor in my country and here I did not any classes only took the American Board of Surgical Assisant test,I passed but never found a job. I recetified and Im waiting for someone to hepl me find a position.

79 months ago

hugosanchez742@aol.com

79 months ago

Shemuel-Benn Psalms in Tucson, Arizona said: I know a guy who took it on the 10th in houston. he said that the exam was easy and that the questions that appeared weren't really what he studied, even though we both were sent the same book....what you wrote is a lot different that what he told me. Now I am wondering what mine will be like.

Maybe it was easy for him...but many of those students who took the exam that day also cheated. there were about 15 of us and half were talking during the exam and sharing answers. Wasn't fair for those of us who studied.

79 months ago

Lorena Guerra in Bossier City, Louisiana said: Maybe it was easy for him...but many of those students who took the exam that day also cheated. there were about 15 of us and half were talking during the exam and sharing answers. Wasn't fair for those of us who studied.

i'm sorry to hear that!! wasn't it proctored?

Lorena Guerra

79 months ago

Shemuel-Benn Psalms in Tucson, Arizona said: i'm sorry to hear that!! wasn't it proctored?

Yes it was proctored. The first hour and a half it went fine. Maybe your friend was finished by 10:30a.m? At that time the proctor sat in the hallway and it was during that time the cheating took place at 2 different tables. there were about 5 or 6 that were whispering and talking and sharing answers. I went to the hallway and spoke to the proctor about it and I reported it to the ABSA. I know they were very upset and not happy because this is a serious exam for alot of us. I know they handled it properly and I did pass so all is well. The books I had to study were books that were part of the curriculum in the e.s.s.f.a training course. I had to purchase texts as well. Study the guide. It is how the exam will appear and anything else you can get your hands on will also help. The test itself isn't hard it is all multiple choice but there were questions that were not in the study guide or in my texts but as long as you know surgery and your cases you should be fine. You have to pass with a 70%.

Tommy Littlefoot in Richmond, Virginia

79 months ago

Anyone know of how this forum went from someone looking for a job to people cheating on tests?????

Shemuel Benn in Tucson, Arizona

79 months ago

Yeah, you get caught cheating....and you don't get a job. Simple enough.

79 months ago

Yeah I know, I was thinking the same..How did I go from relocating to Tampa to the exams in Houston. My bad..

Dwayne in Cincinnati, Ohio

79 months ago

Jodi in Winter Haven, Florida said: are you interested in moving to Lakeland, FL?

Is that position still open?

CSA in West Bloomfield, Michigan

79 months ago

I am a Lic/Cert SA looking for robotic (gyn and or urology)opportunities I am also seek spine positions. If any one has a lead please reply to ddun_csa@hotmail.com
Dwayne

Graham in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

CSA in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: I am a Lic/Cert SA looking for robotic (gyn and or urology)opportunities I am also seek spine positions. If any one has a lead please reply to ddun_csa@hotmail.com
Dwayne

Hello:
I understand you are looking for a Surgical Assistant position. I am a
healthcare recruiter affiliated with over 400 other recruiting firms/offices
nationwide. I feel certain we assist you with your employment needs.
Please contact tina@synergyhealthcareaffiliates.com

mia_talau in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

How do you get your CPR certification ? Is anybody who knows if are accredited the on-line ones ?

78 months ago

I'm from Michigan, at the time I received my cert I found online a nurse CPR Instructor that was certified by Red Cross. I paid about $40 and spent about two hours at her house getting certified.

Because of the didactics I don't think you'll find a accredit online certifier.
Dwayne

marquisajackson5@yahoo.com in Lake In The Hills, Illinois

78 months ago

Lorena Guerra in Bossier City, Louisiana said: I did take the First Assistant course through the Elite School of Surgical First Assisting (E.S.S.F.A) You can go to www.essfa.net to check it out. The Boards re a little tough. I didn't pass the first time but did the 2nd Time. I went thru the ABSA. When you pay your $345.00 fee to take the test, they send you your packet and a blue study guide with about 400 questions it to study. I studied that guide front to back. When I took the boards, only about half of those questions were on the test. And of those questions, half were other questions I had never seen before and were not in the guide. Does that make sense? I hope it didn't confuse you.There were foreign trained physicians taking the test when I took mine in Houston,Tx. If there is anything you would like to know, hit me up.

Hi My name Is Marquisa Jackson I live in Chicago Illinois i am currently in a surgical first assist program i complete my program in May 0f this year and i am really scared to take the boards i was wonder can u give me a little information about good study books and the need to know and i was also wondering was all boards the same thank you Marquisa Jackson

jkp in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Shemuel-Benn Psalms in Tucson, Arizona said: I know a guy who took it on the 10th in houston. he said that the exam was easy and that the questions that appeared weren't really what he studied, even though we both were sent the same book....what you wrote is a lot different that what he told me. Now I am wondering what mine will be like.

i took on jan 10th . i am certified now-it was easy- ithink because of surgical knowledge. Iam a foreign tained surgeon. I have 8 yrs of surgical expiriance in my country- Loooking for Job in OHIO, TEXAS, FLORIDA. ready to join ASAP.

jkp in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

DO YOU STILL HAVE POSTION AVAILABLE- I AM IN HOUSTON. CAN MOVE EASILY. LET ,ME KNOW

jkp in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Dwayne in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Is that position still open?

Is that position still open

jkp in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Rodney Jensen in Denver, Colorado said: I have a fulltime position for a Certified Surgical Assistant near Denver CO. Contact Kaiser Permanente in Denver CO. PRN positions also available.

DO YOU STILL HAVE POSITON AVAILABLE? LET EM KNOW
THANKS
J

78 months ago

The Christ Hospital is about to have an opening, the pay is 25-35 p/hr.
Dwayne

Tommy Littlefoot in Richmond, Virginia

78 months ago

Where is the christ hospital?

78 months ago

TCH is in Cincinnati, but follow up only if you really need a job!
Are you interested in Ortho at all?
ddun_csa@hotmail.com
dwayne

marquisajackson5@yahoo.com in Harvey, Illinois

78 months ago

Christ is on the South side of Chicago on 95th street around western maybe even west i can get the direct address if you need it

Mrs. Walker in Norcross, Georgia

78 months ago

jkp in Houston, Texas said: DO YOU STILL HAVE POSITON AVAILABLE? LET EM KNOW
THANKS
J

yes we do

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.