C-SA examination

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 57)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Tony in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

Is any one have some sample questions for C-SA examination? I went to NSAA website but only can find a study guide. I have no idea how to prepare the test. Help me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia

75 months ago

Study the diagrams very well that the study guide says, know the names and numbers of the cranial nerves, and terminology, just took it and passed 2 days ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Baltimore in Silver Spring, Maryland

75 months ago

Congratulations JasLyd and thank you for your response. I have more questions.

1, how long is the exam? The guide says 275 multiple choice questions. Is there any break time during the exam? Is there any skill exam?

2, the guide only gives nine pages of diagram which doesn’t including cranial nerves. How did they test cranial nerves? Did they give you a diagram, and let you fill out the names?

3, How much score do we need? Did you know the result immediately?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia

75 months ago

No break during the exam,they give you 4hrs, 275 questions I actually took it off security blvd (?) in SW Baltimore. It took me just over an hour. The diagrams in the NSAA study guide are about 1/3 of the exam. As far as the cranial nerves go just remember which is which. (example #10 = Vagus) they just asked numbers. You will find out immediately if you pass/fail. Your score will come a few weeks later. Took my test on April 26 and just got my certificate and score last week around the 6th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Baltimore in Washington, District of Columbia

75 months ago

Thank you. This is very helpful information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dr. P in Phoenix, Arizona

74 months ago

Hi guys! I am also preparing for the test, and moving to Leesburg, va, next month, I need some information about the test and about the career, if you can, please contact me.

anellpouerie@hotmail.com

I really will appreciate any information

Thanks

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Dr. P did you take any classes in order to prepare for the exam ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Rockville, Maryland

67 months ago

Thank you Dr. Mia Talau. Have you taken the exam recently? Is this book help? Dose it covering anatomy questions? How many pages for this book?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I'm going to take the exam. Right now I take classes from ACESA training. I will buy this book after finishing the classes, so I'm sorry I can't tell you too much about the book; I tried to find questions, samples of the exam and this is what I found

67 months ago

I am trying to find some sample questions, too. I may buy this book too see if it helps. Are the ACESA classes for the exam, or for surgery skills?

67 months ago

for both...

67 months ago

Thanks and good luck!

John in Baltimore, Maryland

67 months ago

Hi Dr. Mia Talau. I just bought the book. It is not a printed book, just a copy material about 50 pages. If you have not bought yet, I don't suggest you to spend money on it. I paid $59.90 for it(including $9.50 shipping fee). It is too expensive! If you don't mind, I can share with you. I don't need you to pay me $. I just want to share your class materials as an exchange.

67 months ago

I'm going to take only the Surgical Skill Lab in February; I prepare myself for the theoretical part from the books on the ABSA site: www.absa.net/PDFFIL/ABSA%20Guide%202009.pdf, page 12

67 months ago

Give me your e-mail address !

67 months ago

sweetoni2003@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shemuel-Benn Psalms in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

I took the exam yesterday in a private session given by a nurse educator. Due to special circumstances, we were able to get out scores a few hours later. We both passed.

When you pay for the exam. Take the blue review exams and go over all of them. concentraite on the gyn, general and ortho sections. also be knowledgeable about the ENT (especially eye surgeries). Know fracture types (oblique, spiral, etc). have a basic knowledge base of the gut's blood supply. know current CPR ratios. memorize the anatomy plates they give you in the book. all are there.

good luck everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

What "special circumstances" ? How many candidates took the exam ?

66 months ago

Ben,would you like to give me your e-mail address ?

66 months ago

How many questions were ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

give me yours, and i'll email you back.

66 months ago

mia_talau@yahoo.com

66 months ago

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia said: mia_talau@yahoo.com

email sent. check your junk folder if not there.

dove in Baltimore, Maryland

62 months ago

I read all the post above regarding the C-SA exam prep. I got guide from NSAA site and started preparing. But, i need some help to understand question style esp. in surgery section. How they test our surgical knowledge in MCQ type of questions? Can any one give one example? I am wondering how deep I need to study surgeries- each and every detail or just over all idea is ok? Or is there any practice test book/website available?
I appreciate your help,
Thanks.

Mel in Damascus, Maryland

53 months ago

Tony in Baltimore, Maryland said: Is any one have some sample questions for C-SA examination? I went to NSAA website but only can find a study guide. I have no idea how to prepare the test. Help me!

S.A. job opening in Bethesda, MD. Beautiful facility. State-of-the-art equipment. Great benefits. Great wages. Awesome staff.....cases done are Orthopedic, Podiatry, Urology, and Gyn. If interested email rn.nugget@yahoo.com

drislamamz in Reading, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

JasLyd iHIn Richmond, Virginia said: Study the diagrams very well that the study guide says, know the names and numbers of the cranial nerves, and terminology, just took it and passed 2 days ago

HI iam preparing for this exam ,can u help me ,i feel like iam lost
my e-mail drislamamz@yahoo.com

ann in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

Tony in Baltimore, Maryland said: Is any one have some sample questions for C-SA examination? I went to NSAA website but only can find a study guide. I have no idea how to prepare the test. Help me!

I have passed the CSA exam last month, in December. It was easier than I thought it would be. Once you know those diagrams, you should pass it. The way I studied them was a little bit different. I have made 2 copies of each diagram. On one paper I had erased the name of the anatomical site, on the other one I was checking if I had memorized the right answer.I had studied daily for about 2 months, including the weekends. The rest of the questions are very common sense, if you think logically about the answers. I have received my certification by mail in just 2 weeks after I passed (in state of TX). Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mark in Ashburn, Virginia

40 months ago

I took the exam in December as well, and it wasn't that bad. I finished in one hour and twenty minutes and got an 85% on the exam. You don't get your score right away, but it comes in the mail with your certificate a few weeks later.

As far as preparing for the exam, know the anatomy diagrams backwards and forwards. The diagrams are the bulk of the exam. I studied for these by making copies of the diagrams with names of the structures whited out and went and filled in the copies with correct names of the structures. You will need to know practically every item on every diagram. I also found a Netters coloring book that helped to study the diagrams even though they weren't exactly the same and later got a Geys anatomy book as well to augment the other study materials I had on hand.

There were a lot of questions on anatomical positioning as well as lab values.

I found the study guide to be confusing as far as the Alexanders section went. I read about the listed procedures I had no experience with first and ended up sitting down and reading the whole book cover to cover by the time I took the exam.
There were some questions concerning lab values that I don't remember being in Alexanders that threw me for a loop, but other than that I don't think the test was all that hard. I would say that I wouldn't want to take it again, and I think most people would agree.

I went with my passing result form from the test center to my boss at work and got moved into a surgical assistant position that day and received a 25% raise on the spot. It's really worth it to pass the exam as soon as you can.

Drefus in Lufkin, Texas

40 months ago

ann in Houston, Texas said: I have passed the CSA exam last month, in December. It was easier than I thought it would be. Once you know those diagrams, you should pass it. The way I studied them was a little bit different. I have made 2 copies of each diagram. On one paper I had erased the name of the anatomical site, on the other one I was checking if I had memorized the right answer.I had studied daily for about 2 months, including the weekends. The rest of the questions are very common sense, if you think logically about the answers. I have received my certification by mail in just 2 weeks after I passed (in state of TX). Good luck!

Do you know of any surgical assistant groups in Houston?

Drefus in Lufkin, Texas

40 months ago

ann in Houston, Texas said: I have passed the CSA exam last month, in December. It was easier than I thought it would be. Once you know those diagrams, you should pass it. The way I studied them was a little bit different. I have made 2 copies of each diagram. On one paper I had erased the name of the anatomical site, on the other one I was checking if I had memorized the right answer.I had studied daily for about 2 months, including the weekends. The rest of the questions are very common sense, if you think logically about the answers. I have received my certification by mail in just 2 weeks after I passed (in state of TX). Good luck!

Could you please email me at drefus_thompson2@hotmail.com

ndnwife in Mcminnville, Tennessee

37 months ago

What diagrams? I am studying for the Surgical First Assistant exam.

palmerrd in Ogden, Utah

32 months ago

Has anyone recently taken the AS-C exam? If so any suggestion would be greatful. Thanks

Mitch in Santa Clara, California

32 months ago

Just read the reviewer that will be sent to you by absa after you register and that will be good enough too pass the test.

ndnwife in Mcminnville, Tennessee

32 months ago

Mitch in Santa Clara, California said: Just read the reviewer that will be sent to you by absa after you register and that will be good enough too pass the test.

I have already taken the test once and I did not get a reviewer???

palmerrd in Ogden, Utah

32 months ago

I will be taking it from NASC, do you know it is a standardized test or does it depend on your gives the test? Thanks

Mitch in Santa Clara, California

32 months ago

@ palmerrd in Ogden. The test is standardized. It is the same test taken by everybody.

fatah in Alexandria, Virginia

26 months ago

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'm going to take the exam. Right now I take classes from ACESA training. I will buy this book after finishing the classes, so I'm sorry I can't tell you too much about the book; I tried to find questions, samples of the exam and this is what I found

which book are u talking about, please?????????????

Karen in Hollywood, Florida

25 months ago

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'm going to take the exam. Right now I take classes from ACESA training. I will buy this book after finishing the classes, so I'm sorry I can't tell you too much about the book; I tried to find questions, samples of the exam and this is what I found

Hey, did you take the surgical first assist exam yet, did you take it with ABSA , can you guide me I also went to acesa. Do you have any books or past papers . Can you email me at jahsteph@hotmail.com .
Thanks for your help

Sai in Trenton, New Jersey

25 months ago

Hi I went to ACESA, I am taking my test on next month. I brought the study guide from ASA. Can anybody guide me for this test prep.Can e-mail me at kanya76@hotmail.com

ndnwife in Knoxville, Tennessee

23 months ago

I am preparing to take the CSFA exam for the 2nd time...the first time I just winged it because I really didn't know how to prepare...I am still worried, this test is hard. Is there anyone who can give me advice that may help me pass. I have been a CST for over 10 years and feel very confident in my job. I am just not a test taker....HELP!
shaneewright@yahoo.com

Ana in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

I am study for my test sca but can somebody help and give and idea how is the test for who ever pass the exam
Please ,thanks.

Shanee Wright in Mcminnville, Tennessee

21 months ago

Sai in Trenton, New Jersey said: Hi I went to ACESA, I am taking my test on next month. I brought the study guide from ASA. Can anybody guide me for this test prep.Can e-mail me at kanya76@hotmail.com

Did you pass the exam? I just sent in my info to test. Is there any advice or help you can offer? Thanks shaneewright@yahoo.com

21 months ago

Hello CSFA's if anyone has any advice concerning the NBSTA exam for First Assistant I would be greatly appreciative. I just sent in my info to test. I really want to know what to do to pass this exam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Where did you find your diagrams for study?

13 months ago

What is the difference in the csfa and sa-c exam. Is one better than the other

Charlmane Bell in Pompano Beach, Florida

11 months ago

Hi,

I'm also preparing to take the CSFA exam, did you happen to find any valuable information on study guides?

Smitty2720 in Nashville, Tennessee

11 months ago

I am taking the CSA which is different from the CFSA exam. I was told for this exam you would need to know the 9 diagrams that are in NSAA study guide very well along with the cranial nerves. As for diagrams it is most of test, and cranial nerves just know names and numbers. I take my test August 23. I have studied that material well hope it is enough to pass. That is all the info I have

Smitty2720 in Nashville, Tennessee

11 months ago

If any one have more info on CSA exam please let me know

CharlmaneBell in Hollywood, Florida

11 months ago

Smitty2720 in Nashville, Tennessee said: I am taking the CSA which is different from the CFSA exam. I was told for this exam you would need to know the 9 diagrams that are in NSAA study guide very well along with the cranial nerves. As for diagrams it is most of test, and cranial nerves just know names and numbers. I take my test August 23. I have studied that material well hope it is enough to pass. That is all the info I have

Where can I purchase this study guide from, and where do you register for the CSA exam?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.