Looking for a job asfirst surgical assistant.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

serishar in Arlington, Texas

66 months ago

I am a foreign medical graduate (MD) with 4 yrs of experience . currrently certified as first surgical assistant with current CPR. Looking for job. thanks for helping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

just wondering if u r still looking for work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

well i think u should pro asst. a call and tell them i referd u and go from there. they r an agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mia Talau in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

Hi Serishar, when did you get certified ?

61 months ago

I'm a foreign medical graduate like you with 4 years of experience in general surgery as resident in my country and right now I prepare the exam for SA
may I have your e-mail address ?

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

feb 2 of this yr

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

i am a us citizen

61 months ago

Seri Shar , may I have your e-mail address ?

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

yes angeladiver@sbcglobal.net

seri shar in Arlington, Texas

61 months ago

my email address : serishar@hotmail.com

Seri Shar in Arlington, Texas

61 months ago

I got my certification Jan 2009

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

so what r u doing now

OR2dox in Scottsdale, Arizona

61 months ago

Got mine last March but still no luck with surgical assistant jobs here in Arizona too. Is this for real or just a scam?

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

OR2dox in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Got mine last March but still no luck with surgical assistant jobs here in Arizona too. Is this for real or just a scam?

no this is for real. its is all about how u market your self. in tx.s we r working in full force. i dont know if u can bill insurance in arizona but in tx u can. so one of the way we market ourselves r we r a free service to the surgeon and we will get yyur case going will u do other things u need to do. we tell them that we will cover there cases as long as we know that they have cases.

Seri Shar in Arlington, Texas

61 months ago

So how and where we should start? Who we should call

moki in Mansfield, Texas

61 months ago

Seri Shar in Arlington, Texas said: So how and where we should start? Who we should call

thats up to u first find out your bylaws in whatever your state is. then look on the internet for new surgeon who has just finished residents and has joined a new group. some states u may have to get a job by the hospital. and also look a P.A. posting and call the office of those who r looking for a p.a. and ask if they r looking for someone who is a clinical r a surgical person and go from their. u will have to put some leg work into it and some cold calling of doc offices.

61 months ago

Thanks for your help guys! atleast I now have something to start with. I just wish we have a support group here in AZ, it seems the job is very competitive that evryone is trying to keep it to themselves... you know, trade secrets and stuff... Yeah a lot of internet offers are for PA's and RN's with first assists certification, I have NEVER seen any job offers specifically for surgical assistants.

I was given an application to work in two hospitals completed its requirements but hit a blank wall when they told me that I am responsible for looking for surgeons who will take the responsibility and supervision to take me as their surgical assistant in their cases...where do I start? (thanks for the info...)

I know some states only accept RNFA's as their first assist but I'm sure thats not the way it is here in AZ...

Yeah I guess I really have to put a lot of leg work on it. Thanks again!

samisan2000@yahoo.co.uk in Bronx, New York

61 months ago

hi,

please i need advice. I am a fully trained plastic suregon from my country,
also had some training in europe. now I am plan to work for a while as surgical assistant. i will be witing the certification exam soon. but it seems even with the certification one end up not getting work. do i go ahead or just return to my country and work for those periods.

Seri in Arlington, Texas

61 months ago

I think you should go home and study for the USMLE! This certification means nothing if you dont have strong conections with surgeons and hospitals...I did the FSA test last Jan and I still cant find a job...I recommend you to take the Surgical Tech. test,(if you want to stay in the USA) it's much easier to find a job as ST.

Bestdoc@live.com in Chula Vista, California

60 months ago

I am MS Surgery from India,
ECFMG certified passed all the usmle steps did not get residency since 4 years.
now looking to apply for CSA, they have fees of 600$
Is it worth taking the CSA EXAM AND will i get a job

moki in Mansfield, Texas

60 months ago

what i would do if i was u is to find a doctor that is practicing and go and talk to him r her and find out if they would let u asst. them once u pass yur test. in the last 4 yrs u have come across someone who can let u work with them. 2nd i would find which states allows u to bill insurance co... that way yur services r free to the doc. and u can make a high 6 fig. because u can help more than one doc. once u get prive.

60 months ago

Bestdoc@live.com in Chula Vista, California said: I am MS Surgery from India,
ECFMG certified passed all the usmle steps did not get residency since 4 years.
now looking to apply for CSA, they have fees of 600$
Is it worth taking the CSA EXAM AND will i get a job

I don't want to discourage you but I passed the surgical assistant certification last March, under ABSA but until now I couldn't land a job as a surgical assistant in Arizona. Attended two Job Fairs, Did a lot of job searches, but it seems there's no such thing as Surgical Assistant jobs appearing on the internet... only Surgical Technicians... I'm beginning to doubt if there is really such a thing as Surgical Assistants.

There's no agency too catering to surgical assistants wherein I can apply here in AZ... Starting as an Independent Contractor proves very futile too considering my credentials is that of Foreign Medical Graduate with Orthopedic Surgery training...even if you have all the requirements such as BLS Certification, Malpractice insurance...

moki in Mansfield, Texas

60 months ago

well, i am going to say that it is something u have to work at.... but if u can find yur nitch it is a very good prof to be in. there r co. that have surgical asst. u need to stop looking for just surgical asst. look at P.A. RNFA'S and CFA'S CO. and just call them and ask if they r hiring and tell them about yurself and about yur credentials and let people know who and what u r. i disagree with u about there r not any agencys because there r some out there.. and true it depends on what state u r in. i would say shop around in the different states and see what u can find. dont get discourage

moki in Mansfield, Texas

60 months ago

Seri in Arlington, Texas said: I think you should go home and study for the USMLE! This certification means nothing if you dont have strong conections with surgeons and hospitals...I did the FSA test last Jan and I still cant find a job...I recommend you to take the Surgical Tech. test,(if you want to stay in the USA) it's much easier to find a job as ST.

hey seri r u still looking

Seri in Arlington, Texas

60 months ago

yes Moki, I'm still looking with no Luck! aything new?

moki in Mansfield, Texas

60 months ago

well here i am talking to a couple of docs. and i was working 3 days a wk with the co. called pro asst. i chose to leave the co. because i did not like the practices of the co. but if u want to get in and get priv and meet other docs this would be a good way to go. r look for other co.'s what is yur specialty? go to the office of these docs and set up an appt. with them and talk. u basicly have to become a sales peerson

moki in Mansfield, Texas

60 months ago

Seri in Arlington, Texas said: yes Moki, I'm still looking with no Luck! aything new?

now if u r willing to relocate to houston they r hiring i just got off the phone with the recruiter

moki in Mansfield, Texas

60 months ago

Seri in Arlington, Texas said: yes Moki, I'm still looking with no Luck! aything new?

email me and we can talk on the phone. angeladiver@sbcglobal.net

colby griffin in Rockwall, Texas

60 months ago

Im 25 working as a ORT in dallas, have 4.5 yrs exp in Ortho Neuro Ortho/spine OB/GYN Plastic and General surgery. I wanted to do CNOR but Id rather scrubb in the case itself. The reinbursment kinda of makes me nervous. What is the job market like in Texas? I have 3 little girls and cant afford to waste anymore time. Is CFA a good move in texas? I make 22hr and looking for an upward move can anyone help me?

mshrestha@gmail.com in Dallas, Texas

18 months ago

moki in Mansfield, Texas said: now if u r willing to relocate to houston they r hiring i just got off the phone with the recruiter

I am looking for a surgical assitant job could not find any yet. can you please help me and I am willing to relocate,

jafri in Fresno, California

15 months ago

I am CSA and looking job .If any one know good hiring company pl let me know i will appreciate that

jafri in Fresno, California

15 months ago

I am CSA and looking job .If any one know good hiring company pl let me know i will appreciate that.My email is zahedjafri@gmail.com

manuel salvador lopez cardenas

10 months ago

moki in Mansfield, Texas said: just wondering if u r still looking for work

hi moki

I am a foreing surgeon, I got my certification as SA-C april this year and I am living in texas, Houston and I cant find a job, could you give me any idea.
can I bill to the insurance in tx?
how can I work independently?
what do you suggest to me?
manuelsalv@yahoo.com
thank you very much for any help.

manuel salvador lopez cardenas in Texas

9 months ago

moki in Mansfield, Texas said: just wondering if u r still looking for work

yes I am syill looking

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.