Seeking CARDIOTHORACIC SURGICAL FIRST ASSISTANT Position. Anyone have anything?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

CardiacAssistant in (Private)

45 months ago

I am CERTIFIED Cardiothoracic-Vascular Surgical first assistant with over 10 years experience as a first assistant in open heart surgery. Trained and experienced in Endoscopic Vein Harvest. Have current ACLS and BLS. Can provide excellent references. Seeking to relocate, and would prefer southeast, or midwest; but will consider ALL locations. Seeking IMMEDIATE full time position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ali in Clayton, North Carolina

45 months ago

Call Roper St Francis in Charleston South Carolina-they have an add for a CVOR SA for moonths!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

ali in Clayton, North Carolina said: Call Roper St Francis in Charleston South Carolina-they have an add for a CVOR SA for moonths!

Thank you!! I will check into that hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CFA1 in Kentucky

45 months ago

CardiacAssistant in (Private) said: I am CERTIFIED Cardiothoracic-Vascular Surgical first assistant with over 10 years experience as a first assistant in open heart surgery. Trained and experienced in Endoscopic Vein Harvest. Have current ACLS and BLS. Can provide excellent references. Seeking to relocate, and would prefer southeast, or midwest; but will consider ALL locations. Seeking IMMEDIATE full time position.

Arizona has a couple openings, Las Vegas has an opening, and a few other states. As you do your search, be sure to include "Physician Assistants" because some hospitals will consider going with a SA instead of a PA especially if you have lots of experience, and can harvest vein.

CFA1 in Kentucky

45 months ago

ali in Clayton, North Carolina said: Call Roper St Francis in Charleston South Carolina-they have an add for a CVOR SA for moonths!

Not sure what is going on with Roper....I know people that applied, and were very well qualified. Something is going on there, just don't know what? They are very very picky, apparently.

ali in Clayton, North Carolina

45 months ago

Apparently one of the problems is the people in Human resources do not understand what the title CSA means.
If you know these qualified folks personally, have them call human resources and discuss their certification qualification with them-it might help a great deal!!

45 months ago

ali in Clayton, North Carolina said: Apparently one of the problems is the people in Human resources do not understand what the title CSA means.
If you know these qualified folks personally, have them call human resources and discuss their certification qualification with them-it might help a great deal!!

Yes, you are so right!! I have recently interviewd at a couple places, and they are trying to place me in a "surgical technologist" role with surg tech pay. They don't understand the difference. I worked very hard to attain the certified surgical first assistant title and training, and to go "backwards" to a surg tech role and pay would be career suicide! Surgical first assistants everywhere need to stand up for the right title, the correct responsiblities and the right pay!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CSA in Houston, Texas

43 months ago

CardiacAssistant in (Private) said: I am CERTIFIED Cardiothoracic-Vascular Surgical first assistant with over 10 years experience as a first assistant in open heart surgery. Trained and experienced in Endoscopic Vein Harvest. Have current ACLS and BLS. Can provide excellent references. Seeking to relocate, and would prefer southeast, or midwest; but will consider ALL locations. Seeking IMMEDIATE full time position.

I have a CV ASST position for you in Houston,Tx with a large group, Im not sure about the pay CV but general pay around 85k. Call me they want to talk to you ASAP.
Dwayne

43 months ago

CSA in Houston, Texas said: I have a CV ASST position for you in Houston,Tx with a large group, Im not sure about the pay CV but general pay around 85k. Call me they want to talk to you ASAP.
Dwayne

Thanks for your interest. I just recently accepted a full time position with a cardiothoracic surgical group in the capacity of a cardiac surgical first assistant. Thanks again.

T in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

We are looking for surgical assistants to be in the chicagoland area if your looking to be with a growing surgical assistant company send your resume to tynetta_m@hotmail.com

43 months ago

T in Chicago, Illinois said: We are looking for surgical assistants to be in the chicagoland area if your looking to be with a growing surgical assistant company send your resume to tynetta_m@hotmail.com

Thank you for your interest. I have already accepted a full time position as a certified surgical first assistant in the cardiothoracic surgical setting. Good luck in forming your new surgical assistant group in the Chicago area!

T in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

CardiacAssistant in (Private) said: Thank you for your interest. I have already accepted a full time position as a certified surgical first assistant in the cardiothoracic surgical setting. Good luck in forming your new surgical assistant group in the Chicago area!

Thank you for responding to the postion alittle about the group we have been established in the illinois area for 10years and we are looking to fill a postion that is open if you know anyone that is intreseted in applying please tell them to apply thank you

Matos in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

Im surgical assistant certified im looking for a job as a surgical assistant in general surgery

Dale in Sylvania, Ohio

38 months ago

Hello, I'm a CSA in Ohio. I've been a cardiothorasic CSA for ten years.
My job was eliminated one week ago. Therefore I'm permantely layed off. I am seeking an CSA job in Ohio , but would entertain any decent offer else where. I have twenty years experience in Ortho Trauma and vascular surgery as well. However it's been ten years. If anyone out there has any input please email me at dkcardiac@bex.net. Thank you. DWK

M2

38 months ago

CSA in Houston, Texas said: I have a CV ASST position for you in Houston,Tx with a large group, Im not sure about the pay CV but general pay around 85k. Call me they want to talk to you ASAP.
Dwayne

Do you still have this job available?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Dale in Sylvania, Ohio said: Hello, I'm a CSA in Ohio. I've been a cardiothorasic CSA for ten years.
My job was eliminated one week ago. Therefore I'm permantely layed off. I am seeking an CSA job in Ohio , but would entertain any decent offer else where. I have twenty years experience in Ortho Trauma and vascular surgery as well. However it's been ten years. If anyone out there has any input please email me at dkcardiac@bex.net. Thank you. DWK

I heard the Cleveland Clinic was looking for an assistant in cardiac surgery.
Why was your job eliminated? and where at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dale in Sylvania, Ohio

38 months ago

There were six other assistants. I was the only one who wasn't an RNFA. They wanted to utilize the nurses in a more expanded role on the floor with work up and PAT 's. The clinic doesn't use CSA's. Do you know of a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Dale in Sylvania, Ohio said: There were six other assistants. I was the only one who wasn't an RNFA. They wanted to utilize the nurses in a more expanded role on the floor with work up and PAT 's. The clinic doesn't use CSA's. Do you know of a job.

The only cardiac assistant job I am aware of in Ohio is at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH. If you want to relocate...there are opportunities elsewhere across the country. Good Luck!

John in Alexandria, Louisiana

36 months ago

I also am a Cardiothoracic First Assistant looking to relocate to the southeast area. I have 9 years of experience in the operating room 4 in Endoscopic Vein Harvesting. I have attended classes on both Terumo and Guidant. If anyone knows of a position available please contact me. I am seeking a full time position.

Dwayne in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Mercy Hospital in cincinnati is looking for a
CV Asst. Call the OR and talk to Houston.

36 months ago

Thank you, I was hoping to stay the around Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, area. If you know of anything around there please let me know. Thank you again.

D in Sylvania, Ohio

36 months ago

I have been unemployed now for almost three months. It has been an eye opening and humbling experience. I wrote in this forum back then looking for some kind of guidance and only got more frustrated. As a CSA you have to be thankful if your working. The CSA certification is an unrecognized certification. Every where I've gone I have to educate the employer. This just adds to the frustration. The NSAA needs to work harder to get our name out there. The constant comparison with the PA-C,CNP as well as RNFA's and the CSTFA show a need for legislation on the state level to get the CSA, a seasoned professional, credentialed. Due to this repeating nightmare, I'm off to Nursing school in acouple weeks. I shall return but this time with a state license that will be recognized everywhere and I won't need to explain my job title and collect frustrating low balled offers.

36 months ago

I completely understand. I recently attended a conference in San Fransisco where the board is trying hard to have us recognized and paid for the skills that we've worked so hard to acquire. We desperately need more CFA's to join so when we are able to vote we have the power in numbers to help us receive the recognition and pay that we have worked so hard for.

36 months ago

I have heard talk for years and years how "organizations" are working to get the "Surgical Assistant" recognized. It just never happens! As a CSFA, I have endured the same frustrations. Many Human Resource managers don't know what we do, some hospitals are unfamiliar with us as well. I have been called everything from a "Tech-assistant," to a "first assistant," and many titles in between. Unfortunately, as assistants we must recognize that there are a group of other assistants that are trying to protect their terrority as well, and not give up the keys to the castle. That, perhaps, more that anything, is a major stumbling block. I, like "D" above, have also considered nursing school. Wish there was a better answer.....

Kyle Black in Bloomington, Illinois

34 months ago

We have positions open throughout the state of Illinois. Email our office and ask me how you can start making money as a First Assistant! Email: info@yehss.com or visit our web site at www.YEHSS.com

Dwayne in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Surgical Assistant Mgr-Houston is looking for a CT Assistant Mercy Hospital in Cincinnati OH.

Lanie in Alexandria, Louisiana

30 months ago

Dwayne in Houston, Texas said: Surgical Assistant Mgr-Houston is looking for a CT Assistant Mercy Hospital in Cincinnati OH.

Do you have any opening in Texas?

dwayne dunlap in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

I got a call last week from a start up company that is looking for CV/CT SA. I have sent him a text about you. What happened with Mr. Houston at Mercy Cincinnati? detroitman68@yahoo.com

30 months ago

dwayne dunlap in Houston, Texas said: I got a call last week from a start up company that is looking for CV/CT SA. I have sent him a text about you. What happened with Mr. Houston at Mercy Cincinnati? detroitman68@yahoo.com

Was never able to locate a "Mr. Houston" at Mercy Cincinnati, and no one at that hospital said there was an opening for a First Assistant in CV. Your information, apparently, was wrong.....

eshaa in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

Dwayne

Hi am looking for a surgical assistant position. I am a new grade but I been working last 8years as a surgical tech.If you have anything please email me devstha@gmail.com

mshrestha@gmail.com in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

Dwayne

Can you give your number so I can call you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

devstha@gmail.com in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

Dwayne have you talk to them yet?

camiledesirehelton in West Palm Beach, Florida

11 months ago

To whom may I concern:
I am a CFA with 8 years in cardiovascular lead scrub and FA experience in open and minimally invasive heart, tavr, electrophysiology and breast(reconstructive) surgery. EVH certification. I am looking to relocate as near as possible to the Qualla Boundary (Cherokee reservation North Carolina). I am in no rush to make this move, I love what I do and I want to find a practice for t long run. I am open to consider other specialties depending on location/specialty.
I have excellent references.

Mohmad in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

T in Chicago, Illinois said: We are looking for surgical assistants to be in the chicagoland area if your looking to be with a growing surgical assistant company send your resume to tynetta_m@hotmail.com

hi I like to know once you get certified as CSA how you become specialized an licensed as specialized in ILLINOIS is there any hospital allows new CSA to work I am FMG come 2yrs back in ILLINOIS Chicago please guide me to real path .
I aporeciate your help
Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.