Starting a group vs. self billing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

SurgAssistNTX in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

I am thinking of starting a group of SA's locally, but was curious of how others think about working as a group vs. staying self billing. I know other SA's are interested, but I wanted to hear from people already in a group. Also, paying everyone - how do you keep the peace among people in your group? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SurgAssistNTX in San Antonio, Texas

63 months ago

H-T- in Miami, Florida said: What are the Pros & Cons for working as a group?

Basically.... any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moki in Mansfield, Texas

62 months ago

SurgAssistNTX in San Antonio, Texas said: I am thinking of starting a group of SA's locally, but was curious of how others think about working as a group vs. staying self billing. I know other SA's are interested, but I wanted to hear from people already in a group. Also, paying everyone - how do you keep the peace among people in your group? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

here's what i think, i am in a group that does the billing and shed. and i dont like it. the reason being is u r not in the loop of scheduling r billing. the way i think it could work is that u r in a group that covers everyone meaning u have yur standard doc's who u cover and if someone else needs to get covered they call the office to see who is avai. This way everyone has coverage and no one can nor will fell left out of the loop. have a independent biller that has software that everyone can see when case r process and everything thats goes along with there claims being process. just a little info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samuel F in Lilburn, Georgia

53 months ago

I agree! Watch your money!

moki in Mansfield, Texas said: here's what i think, i am in a group that does the billing and shed. and i dont like it. the reason being is u r not in the loop of scheduling r billing. the way i think it could work is that u r in a group that covers everyone meaning u have yur standard doc's who u cover and if someone else needs to get covered they call the office to see who is avai. This way everyone has coverage and no one can nor will fell left out of the loop. have a independent biller that has software that everyone can see when case r process and everything thats goes along with there claims being process. just a little info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

imrs2011@gmail.com in Calumet City, Illinois

39 months ago

I agree with Samuel F, I was employed as a medical biller for a group of surgical assistants and basically we employed 5 SA's & we had contracts with multi-facilities & physicians so everyone had more than enough cases to do. I'm a medical biller with over 13 years of experience in Medical Billing & Coding. I have started my own Medical Billing Service. If you are looking for a professional service to handle all your billing needs, please feel free to contact me by email @ imrs2011@gmail.com. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ron in Virginia Beach, Virginia

24 months ago

looking for a good billing co. for surgical assistants

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Keelo35 in Fort Worth, Texas

23 months ago

I am a csfa in the Fort Worth are. I need some information on self billing and how much to bill for. Also, are there a list of billable procedure and/or reimbursement ranges Any info is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ars92011 in Calumet City, Illinois

23 months ago

ron in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: looking for a good billing co. for surgical assistants

Hi Ron, my name is Rhona and I have a billing service in Calumet City, IL, which specialize in billing for Surgical Assistants & Physicians. I've been billing for SA's for 3yrs, I have over 13 years experience as a Medical Billing Specialist. I have experience with multi-specialities. If you are still seeking a good billing service, contact me. Accurate Reimbursement Services @ ars92011@gmail.com Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ars92011 in Calumet City, Illinois

23 months ago

Keelo35 in Fort Worth, Texas said: I am a csfa in the Fort Worth are. I need some information on self billing and how much to bill for. Also, are there a list of billable procedure and/or reimbursement ranges Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi Keelo, if you are contracted with any insurance companies, you can request a fee schedule from them. This will provide you with the billing codes and the reimbursement fee for each code. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.