Surgical Assistant Billing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia

68 months ago

I live in Virginia and am interested in billing insurance for my services. Does anyone have any tips for me? I basically need step by step instructions on how to go about doing this. Also if someone could throw around some figures as far as what companies are reimbursing for specific cases, I would love to see them.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Rose in Prescott, Arizona

66 months ago

I would use N.I.F.A billing myself... they charge you about $350 to start up and I'm pretty sure thgats a one time fee. they take 10% of every collection they get for you but I find that they really fight to get your money and the 10% is more than made up versus what you wont get from other companies...I think the service that is decribed above is a Doctor level billing service and way overpriced

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JasLyd in Richmond, Virginia

66 months ago

Mike Rose in Prescott, Arizona said: I would use N.I.F.A billing myself... they charge you about $350 to start up and I'm pretty sure thgats a one time fee. they take 10% of every collection they get for you but I find that they really fight to get your money and the 10% is more than made up versus what you wont get from other companies...I think the service that is decribed above is a Doctor level billing service and way overpriced

Have you actually used them? If so about how long are you waiting for reimbursement?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shemuel-Benn Psalms in Tucson, Arizona

66 months ago

One of the surgeons who I work with has aggreed to have his office bill for me...we haven't worked it out, but I think 10% will be the max. win win situation for both of us.

Tommy Littlefoot in Richmond, Virginia

66 months ago

I think the reimbursement in Virginia is 13.6%, I had a surgeon who went to a billing course and ask for me. And you cannot bill Medicare and Medicaid

leuty_01 in Douglasville, Georgia

64 months ago

read up on local state mandates and know the difference between self funded insurence and privately funded. That is really where you need to start first.

ron in Virginia Beach, Virginia

22 months ago

any one know any good billing companys for surgical assistants

pbsikarenl in Colorado Springs, Colorado

21 months ago

I would agree you need to research billing companies to determine which one is best. It is very important to your reimbursement rate to know whether it's self funded or privately funded. Also, you need to decide if you are going to have contracts with insurance companies. I think 13.6% is about the average reimbursement for contracts with insurance companies. If you'd like to know the approx reimbursement rate, I'd need to know what surgeries you are working on. Let me know if you'd like any help. I've been in business for 22 years and billing for assists for over 15 years. I do NOT have a start up fee.
Ponderosa Billing Service, Inc Karen Lee in colorado springs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.