Surgical Assistant Pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

evmsgrad in Virginia Beach, Virginia

67 months ago

Anyone know what SA pay is in different parts of the country? I am trying to find out what the differnet pay is by state. I am involved with educating many of the students and it's been hard to grasp what the pay is everywhere so I am trying to get a site together that will help out. There are truely a lot of factors. So please try to be specific about what you do and how your paid. thanks Alan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

moki in Mansfield, Texas

63 months ago

evmsgrad in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Anyone know what SA pay is in different parts of the country? I am trying to find out what the differnet pay is by state. I am involved with educating many of the students and it's been hard to grasp what the pay is everywhere so I am trying to get a site together that will help out. There are truely a lot of factors. So please try to be specific about what you do and how your paid. thanks Alan

hi the pay in tx is depending on how u get yur work. 1. independent contract u bill insurence co. u get 40-50% of what the surgeon makes 2 employed by hospital 60-90 thousand a yr. 3. working for a phy. can run u 50-80 yr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MATT IN MO. in Springfield, Missouri

61 months ago

Can first assist practice in missouri and if so how much could they potentially make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

poper in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

61 months ago

this sucks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

poper in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

61 months ago

poper in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan said: this sucks

Sorry i didn't mean that

ndnwife in Mc Minnville, Tennessee

48 months ago

I am just finishing a first assistant program in TN. I have been a CST for 9 years and would like some advice on how to get paid more as a SA...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CardiacAssistant in (Private)

48 months ago

Get certified. Get ACLS in additiion to BLS. Specialize in an area....be it ortho, spines, plastic surgery, cardiac, or something you enjoy. Get lots of experience. Get letters of references from surgeons, supervisors, coworkers. Be prepared to relocate. Unfortunately to get increases, you may have to move on especially if you are now a SA where you worked as a CST. They may still view you as a CST, not a SA, and pay and use you as such. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Surgy17 in Rochester, Minnesota

27 months ago

Hello. I live in ROchester, MN. Ive done some research and i was just wondering if anyone took the Surgical Assistant COurse online and what they thought of it.. Im interested in leaning towards a Surgical Assistant as i finish up school for Surg Tech. Please&thank you :)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.