Surgical Assistants and Surgical Technicians the Shadow Warriors.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

CSA in Racine, Wisconsin

32 months ago

I've been working in the OR for 28 years now, I find my career as a Surgical Assistant unknown to most people. We have 3 governing bodies in the US, ABSA, NSAA and NBSTSA. With all the Surgical Technicians and Surgical First Assistants working in hospitals across the nation, we have yet to have proper representation on a national scope. It seems as long as states can keep our career field from having a mandatory certification they can keep our wages/reimbursements low.

When I try to explain to people what I do for a living they are in disbelief. We need to make our voices heard to the public, we must assert our value to the surgical team, and we need better legislation on a national level. Please write your state representatives and urge them to look into a registration and licensing process.

Some states already have a system in place and should be used as examples to further our cause on a national level. Working together we can make a better living for everyone, better wages and call pay for those employed by hospitals and better reimbursement rates for those that are 3rd party billing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.