Surgical Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (380) - Start a Discussion

Ashley in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

moving...

do you have to be certified in North Carolina for a Surgical Technician?

ArmyWifeCST in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Updated 42 months ago

Extremely Frustrated Surgical Tech in S.C. Need Peace of Mind! - 12 Replies

I am a Surgical Tech in L&D and let me tell you, it's really beginning to bother me. Right after graduation in 05, when certification was still not...

natasha in East Brunswick, New Jersey

need advise

i concerns reguarding my education, where i placedon my externship i didn;t recieve what i payed for, graduated changed strecher bedsfor my hours can...

kellys10666@yahoo.com in Allentown, Pennsylvania

Thinking about going to school for a surgery tech.

I really wanna go to school to be a surgery tech. I graduated in 95 an I need to go to college does anyone have any suggestions on where I can go?...

Therapist in Spring, Texas

Oncology Massage

Where can I find a job treating cancer patients? What is consider a reasonable fee for therapy?

chris6046 in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 43 months ago

Do you need to have the certification to work as an or tech in new jersey - 1 Reply

I'm recently graduated as a st, I have not take my test yet, but I was wondering if you need the certification to get a job or work in the or in new...

Carolyn in Marietta, Georgia

Updated 43 months ago

Time between graduation and being hired - 8 Replies

I'm wondering if any of you can share your experience if you had a long gap between graduating from a Surg Tech program and getting hired. Did you...

parker in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

Updated 44 months ago

Surgical Tech questions - 4 Replies

I am a student now taking general classes at a community college. I have a few questions. I have had a fear of blood before, but think I could...

TrisheM in Petersburg, Virginia

Surgical Tech

I have been recently thinking about going to school to become a surgical tech or a pharmacy tech and I was wondering do anyone know which one would...

Marie in Oradell, New Jersey

Considering being a Surgical Tech in the Air Force

I'm not in the Air Force at the moment, but I'm a student graduating in January from a school that has nothing to do with the military. I'm just...

Surgitech207 in Middletown, New York

Updated 45 months ago

Surgical Tech...good job or not? - 1 Reply

I was just wondering if this job would be worth pursuing. What are the hours usually like? Are the hours all over the map or is it usually Mon-Fri...

alf in Macungie, Pennsylvania

Updated 46 months ago

Sutures - 1 Reply

Do ST do sutures?

Loves Surgery in Clinton, Mississippi

Updated 46 months ago

new surgical tech student - 1 Reply

hey I am a new surgical tech student thinking about becoming a traveling tech after I graduate. I'm looking for information such as housing (provided...

Fredo in Granville, New York

Surgical tech requirements for N Carolina

I am wondering if you need to be certified to be a Surgical Tech in North Carolina . I have completed the US Army course for Surgical Tech and was...

TGGR5000 in Knoxville, Tennessee

Updated 47 months ago

Surgical Tech Job in Houston - 1 Reply

I relocated to Texas, and have been certified as a tech since 2009. But I cannot find a job, does anyone know what hospitals are hiring. I am feeling...

yesenia in Belmont, California

anesthicia tech program in california

hello, does anyone know how to go about to become an anesthetic tech? i've looked on-line, but the programs are in community colleges, they are...

yesenia in Belmont, California

surgical tech program in california

hi, does anyone recommend a program (surg. tech) in CA (bay are preferably)? your response is greatly appreciated!

kekstrom in Salt Lake City, Utah

Updated 47 months ago

Surgical Tech Jobs - 26 Replies

Anyone currently seeking employment please feel free to forward your resume to nweiler@valleyforgepress.com . We have many great opportunities across...

mebany in Charleston, South Carolina

Updated 47 months ago

About to give up on Surgical Technology and go back to school - 1 Reply

I graduated from school in Dec 2010. As of yet I have only had one interview and that was just last week. Even then I was given the runaround...

andy in Ormskirk, United Kingdom

ODP Canada

Hi Can anyone tell me if the British ODP qualification is valid in Canada or would I have to do some kind of exam. Is there anyone with this...

anjimarie in Sarasota, Florida

Updated 48 months ago

SCTI - Sarasota County Technical Institute Students! - 3 Replies

Hi everyone. I've been lurking and considering the ST program at SCTI - located in Sarasota, Florida. If you don't know, this is the second most...

ro ro in Odessa, Texas

Awesome New Software!!! check it out!!! "Doctors Procedure Notes"

I found this software on the iTunes Apple Store. Just for Nurses, CST's and Medical Reps. Helps you keep track of Doctors procedures, Instruments and...

anniebaker1979 in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 49 months ago

Learning the Surgical Instruments - 9 Replies

Here is a good site for quizzing yourself on basic surgical instruments. Good luck everyone. http://www.surgical-instrument-pictures.com Jim

DOAM in Houston, Texas

Updated 49 months ago

Surgical Tech Math? - 1 Reply

What type of math are you required to learn in most surgical tech programs/schools? And are the math questions on the test multiple choice?

DOAM in Houston, Texas

Updated 49 months ago

Jobs for New Grads ST's - 1 Reply

I wanted to start something positive on here for a change tired reading all these negative posts here. So here’s a question for every body. Do you...

DOAM in Houston, Texas

Updated 49 months ago

BEST SURGICAL TECH PROGRAM LOS ANGELES?!?! - 1 Reply

I AM in major need of knowing what is the best surgical texh program in LA.I have done days of research but am still torn between colleges. It seems...

Lindsay in Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin

Updated 49 months ago

certification exam - 4 Replies

I just took my certification exam yesterday and failed by one point...This crushed me, you need a 119 to pass and I got a 118. One point away from...

Updated 49 months ago

Gloves issue? - 1 Reply

Hi, I know this may sound weird but I just gotta know. Do any STs out there have issues with their gloves in that their hands get "moist" more easily...

Susie CST in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Updated 49 months ago

Do you think it is easy to find a job as a surgical tech right after graduating (without experience)? - 2 Replies

How can you find some placee to work?.....

Brandi in Green Bay, Wisconsin

Updated 49 months ago

What Length of Schooling is Preffered for Surgical Tech? - 1 Reply

Hello, I am looking into a Surgical Tech Program at Pima CC that is accredited by CAAHEP. The program is only a year long (certificate) and I hear...

Lisa in Houston, Texas

Updated 49 months ago

Study guide - 3 Replies

Last year I took the CST exam and missed it by 13 questions. I have been studying pretty consistently for the last month and yesterday ordered a...

honey in Pasadena, California

Updated 50 months ago

ANOTHER SURGICAL TEH FORUM - 1 Reply

DO ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OTHER SURGICAL TECH FORUM OUTSIDE OF THIS ONE CONTACT DAVIS939@AOL.COM

Amber

Updated 50 months ago

Need an affordable school in Denver - 1 Reply

Hey all, I'm currently working as an anethesia tech at North Suburban in Thornton, CO. I've watched the tech's here and it seems like something I...

Updated 51 months ago

What is the funniest music you heard playing in the background during surgery? - 3 Replies

Mines is Akon ft. Eminem, Smack Dat.

Diane in Merrillville, Indiana

Is it hard to find a position when you get out of school

Is it hard to find a position when you get out of school? I dont want to go through all the training if it is impossible to find a job.

erin_m in Everett, Washington

Surgical Tech opportunities in Seattle

I just got on the wait list for the Surgical Technology program at SCCC, most likely due to start in fall 2011. I was wondering if anyone here was a...

Muddie in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 52 months ago

tattoos and piercings on a surgical tech? - 1 Reply

I was considering becoming a surgical tech. But before i spend the time or money I was wondering about some of the polices dealing with piercings and...

Jeanette in Salinas, California

Updated 52 months ago

Where are CST's payed more- San Fran or Manhattan? - 4 Replies

I am a traveling surgical tech about to settle down, and I am tempted to put roots here in the Bay Area of California, because the wages for techs...

rmagan in Little Falls, New Jersey

NY/NJ area Dover business College

Hi there.. I am just checking if newly graduated ST are having difficult finding employment in my area??

rmagan in Little Falls, New Jersey

Surgical Tech

I am looking to switch careers from a business background to ST.. Surgery has aways been my passion and the more I research this field I see many...

Confused in Fort Lauderdale

What School to go to in Fort Lauderdale for Surgical Technology

I went to Sanford Brown today and really like it. I am reading all bads thing though. Help! Where should I go! Thanks!

B. in South Lyon, Michigan

Surgical Technicians USA vs. Canada

I live in the US and am planning on getting a degree in Surgical Technology, the only problem is that I may be moving to Canada in the future. Can I...

Muddie in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 52 months ago

I need some words of encouragement please - 6 Replies

I came across a certain discussion on this forum and it was literally filled with about 350 negative replies...mainly discussing how difficult it is...

Annie Corrao in Spring Valley, California

reentering the field of surgical technology

I am a 30 year graduate of an accredited surgical tech program and have not worked in the field for about 8 years. I'm curious to know if I can find...

safiee in Skopje, Macedonia

Updated 53 months ago

CST and the current job market... - 2 Replies

ST is not the only career field where people are having problems finding jobs. Unless you are in Nursing, or a Doctor, this recession is absolutely...

jms in Madison, Wisconsin

Tech jobs in phoenix area

I am considering a move to the Phoenix area and I was wondering if anybody can give me an idea on salary range for Surgical techs. I have 25+ years...

laura in Farmington, Michigan

surgical tech jobs

My daughter just got her certification in Dallas/Ft. Worth area (Texas) in Surgical Tech and is having a hard time finding a job. Any advise???

Pace in Lees Summit, Missouri

Kansas City Surgical Tech

I am working with one of my favorite clients, he is looking for someone with 2+ years of experience as a surgical technician to join his sales team....

DOAM in Houston, Texas

Updated 53 months ago

Can a CST take first assistant exam w/o taking a 1-2 yr course??? - 1 Reply

I have been a surgical first assistant for over 35 yrs and scrubbed over 27,000 cases in that position. I have worked for surgeons last 3 years in...

DOAM in Houston, Texas

Make Sure Your Surgical Technology Program is accredited!!!!!!!!

I find it bothersome that so many people don’t do their research before getting in a Surgical Technology Program. Make sure your program is...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.