Surgical Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (387) - Start a Discussion

sailingsoon in Tampa, Florida

Updated 65 months ago

Why do people want to be surgical technologists? - 2 Replies

For all the surgical technologists out there why did you choose this profession? Besides the great job opportunities?

Betzy

Surgical tech?

I thinkin of goin through a surgical tech program but kno lil bout it, so I have some serious questions. Names of sur tech school in la county?...

Jacks Raging Bile Duct in Hotel, California

Dust In The Wind

To my people struggling to find work from LA to NY, ST grads 08'.

Updated 65 months ago

recent grad hirings ? - 2 Replies

'm sure all the working scrub techs posting here are accurate in their comments about being a surgical tech. After paying $27k for schooling , doing...

yogatoes in Vacaville, California

Jobs openings

I just located to vacaville, Ca. from Washington and in need of a job. I have been a tech for Five years and experienced in OB and outpatient...

jprinz20 in Beeville, Texas

Updated 65 months ago

Id like to know some information without getting advertisements on schools to go to.... - 2 Replies

Hi i live in south Tx. and im fixing to go back to school. I was going to go to major in computer science but recently after working a little in a...

Updated 65 months ago

Has any new grad in LA/orange co. been hired lately ?????? - 5 Replies

I'm trying to see if ANYONE (in orange or LA county) has been hired on as a ST new grad over the last 6 months- NOT counting their extern site ? Our...

sole in Atlanta, Georgia

sol

does anyone now the requirments to work as a surgical tech in US i'm caming from bolivia

lightkeeper45@hotmail.com in Ringgold, Georgia

Updated 66 months ago

Any techs out there in LA/OC/IE, specializing in Plastic Surgery? - 2 Replies

Pls elaborate.

Paul_E_Tech in So Cal, California

Updated 66 months ago

Certified Surgical Technicians needed for an interview for my Human Relations class - 9 Replies

My name is Karen. I am currently in a Surgical Technologist program to obtain an associates degree and get certified. In one of my classes, Human...

Updated 66 months ago

Surgical Tech Grads of 2008 Outlook - 1 Reply

I'm an 08' grad, certified residing here in socal. Due to this economy, lack of experience, undermined by this digital online resume filter...

windsofchange5 in Houston, Texas

Tech school

I have looked into several tech schools...... 3 here in houston. Has anyone graduated from the medvance surg program? Are the classes helpful? Can...

Jacks Raging Bile Duct in Los Angeles, California

Surgical Tech Grads UNITE

Two Words, LARRY KING.

Jacks Raging Bile Duct in Los Angeles, California

Updated 66 months ago

We the ppl frm California are giving the ST Industry a bad name? - 1 Reply

meme470 in Spokane, Washington said: I am so tired of people in California talking about how you can't find jobs. You are giving this industry a bad...

nikimorgan04 in Pasadena, Maryland

drug conviction, but never charged

just wanted to let you know that as long as u were never found guilty of the charges, it will not hurt you in any manor. just prepare to show the...

nikimorgan04 in Pasadena, Maryland

typing error

omg! typed that so fast i fudged it! sorry, swear i am not an idiot! lol! thanks for any replys!

no vert in Sumter, South Carolina

Understanding hobbet scores.

I bombed the math, and at the bottom of the paper it said at risk. At risk for what? Am i screwed for this fall admission?

tbone in Toms River, New Jersey

Updated 67 months ago

Anyone go to star tech? - 2 Replies

Has anyone gone to star tech? I just signed up for the school for surgical tech and I am interested in hearing about your experiences from this...

Ryan Matthews in Marysville, Washington

Pima CC?

Has anyone gone to Pima CC? Is this a good program? It is only a one year certificate. Should I get a 2 year instead. I am just about done with my AA...

Jenstrinati in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 67 months ago

Start Up Medical Device opportunity - 5 Replies

Looking for amazing individuals that would like to get into device sales. Area of specialty is orthopaedics. Primary responsibility will be to...

scrubperson in Chesapeake, Virginia

Updated 67 months ago

working in the UK - 1 Reply

I am intrested in working in England as a contract temp. They are called ODP's and I would like to know if anyone out there knows if they accept our...

Margo in Elk Grove, California

Updated 67 months ago

Are surgical technician job opportunities growing or declining? - 2 Replies

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most surgical...

DJOR77 in Cape Coral, Florida

Updated 67 months ago

surgical tech - 4 Replies

What type of mathematics will be studied in the program for cst?

dissapointed mom in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 68 months ago

BECOMING SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST,THEN PURSUING DEGREE IN NURSING... - 2 Replies

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND SMOOTHLY NAVIGATING THEIR WAY THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT RECCESSION. I AM CURRENTLY IN SCHOOL STUDYING TO BECOME A...

nodramahere in Hendersonville, North Carolina

Updated 68 months ago

taking the cst exam - 1 Reply

i've been working as a surgical technician for 2 years now idecide to take my exam and i would like to know if the surgical technology examination...

pamschroeder3@yahoo.com in Queen Creek, Arizona

Updated 68 months ago

NEW ST GRADS PHOENIX AZ. ARE YOU GETTING HIRED? - 9 Replies

TO ALL YOU NEW ST GRADS IN THE PHOENIX AZ,METRO AND SURROUNDING AREAS. ARE YOU GETTING HIRED? ANY COMMENTS FROM THE LAMSON STUDENTS OR...

dissapointed mom in Raleigh, North Carolina

having a difficulties finding a job in north carolina

i have a 2 years experience in the field still having hard time finding a job can somebody lives in the area gives me an advice

BRINA in Georgia

Updated 68 months ago

If you need study help or mentoring.... - 1 Reply

email me at kellextasy@aim.com....I promise I will not make you feel stupid like alot of folks do because there are no stupid questions for those...

Elias Garcia in Chicago, Illinois

How much can I expect to make as a surgical tech in Chicago?

I've been considering getting an associates in surgical technology for a few months now. I've done some research online but have had trouble getting...

ovstampco in Orange, California

Updated 69 months ago

Jobs for new Graduates - Employers post your job openings here !!! - 3 Replies

As a favor to all the surgical technician new graduates please post any jobs for which a new graduate would be considered . Don't forget to leave...

ovstampco in Orange, California

Updated 69 months ago

Which school should I go to? American Carrer College OR El Camino College? - 1 Reply

Hi, I was wondering you any of you guys had any feedback from either of these colleges?? Would it make a difference which one I go to? Also, keep in...

nodramahere in Hendersonville, North Carolina

Updated 69 months ago

AST Exam - 1 Reply

I will be taking the AST Exam in May. I have the AST Study Guide - Second Edition. For those of you who have taken the exam and passed would you...

rhenderson12 in Cordova, Alabama

Updated 69 months ago

surgical tech grad - 3 Replies

i understand where coming from i cant find a job in the field either and i graduated five months ago and i cant find me a job i have applied so many...

Sheena in Grand Junction, Colorado

I need to interview somone who is a surgical tech

I am currently in school to be a surgical technician, and in one of my english classes I am writing a research paper on surgical technicians but I...

Loren in Littleton, Colorado

Updated 69 months ago

finding a job - 4 Replies

I am a recent graduate and I also have taken the certification exam and passed it! Now the only problem is i'm having a really hard time finding my...

bob in Stony Brook, New York

Updated 69 months ago

Has anyone been denied employment due to a background check? - 1 Reply

I said "no" on my application when it asked about convictions. I have some misdemeanors that are at least 11 years old. Will this be a problem?

ladeeviet0228 in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Does anyone know any hospital or place hiring Surgical Technologist in New Jersey?

I'm moving to New Jersey for school in Aug. '09 and I was wondering if anyone who lives there or know if they're hiring in New Jersey. Thank you!

SNH in Kennesaw, Georgia

Updated 69 months ago

WHO'S HIRING? - 2 Replies

I'VE BEEN WORKING IN L&D FOR OVER THREE YEARS AND IM SOOOO OVER IT. I FEEL STUCK AND NEED TO MOVE ON. I'VE LEARNED ALL THERE IS TO LEARN AND I NEED A...

shasha in Chickasha, Oklahoma

Updated 69 months ago

Questions? - 14 Replies

I have 8 years experience as a Surgical Technician. I will try to answer anyones questions.

Tony Tech in Zwingle, Iowa

Updated 69 months ago

I am trying to find out as much as I can - 1 Reply

preparing for community college and thus far have been looking into the areas of occupational therapy assistant and/or physical therapy assistant....

bumpskier in Irwin, Pennsylvania

Traveling Advice

Hi All, I am a CST with just over 20 years experience. I mostly scrub ortho, neuro and CV. My wife and I have been thinking about traveling. I was...

yvette mitchell in Sacramento, California

Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles

Anybody know of the possibility of getting an externship there? I have to do my 60 day externship soon, last day of school is April 24th. i live in...

yvette mitchell in Sacramento, California

England after grad?

Im graduating from an accredited surgical tech program here in ca next month, after externship does anyone know if there is any realistic possibility...

GeorgeXRogue in Los Angeles, California

Updated 69 months ago

St. Johns Surgical Techs - 1 Reply

anyone here from saint johns? I'm starting my clincals their and I'm scared! How are the surgeons their? Thanks for any heads up!

Edwin in Orlando, Florida

Surggical technician

I am interested in a full time job for surgical technician position. Ihave been 15 years experience opthalmic,plastic and general surgery...

winstond123 in Cleveland, Ohio

Updated 70 months ago

LONG TIME OR TECH - 4 Replies

I'VE BEEN A SURGICAL TECH FOR 31 YEARS I HAVE SCRUB FROM TRAUMA TO HEARTS IN MY CAREER I'M RELOCATING BACK TO NEVADA BUT KNOW THEY ARE WANTING PEOPLE...

Walter in Brunswick, Maine

Updated 70 months ago

Surgical Tech School Interview - 1 Reply

I just passed the Aptitude Exam to get into the School of Surgical Technology. I now have an interview next week to determine if I get accepted or...

edvel1967 in Orlando, Florida

Surgical Technician

I have been a Surgical Technician for 20 year experince in the following specialty surgerys: OPHTALMOLOGY, PLASTIC,GENERAL,ORTHOPEDIC,GYNECOLOGY,VASCU...

traveling57 in Kinston, North Carolina

traveling surgical jobs are coming very hard to get!!!!!!!

I have been traveling for 13 years and this is the first time that I have had this much trouble. If you are out there traveling you better sign up...

dolphinjay in Miami, Florida

Updated 70 months ago

Change of career to surg tech after getting a Bachelor's degree? - 6 Replies

Is there anyone out there that has a Bachelor's degree but decided on a new career as Surgical Tech? I graduated about 8 yrs ago with a B.A. degree...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.