Surgical Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (380) - Start a Discussion

Almost Certified in Brooklyn, New York

NYC Surgical Tech's

Are there any ST's that work in Manhattan and travel by public transportation? I'm debating about a position in Manhattan. If so, how is the commute...

lesie in Pompano Beach, Florida

Job market in Florida

Does anyone know what the job market for ST is in South Florida?

Manny in San Diego, California

Updated 78 months ago

Over 40 - 1 Reply

I'm over 40 and thinking of starting a new career as a surgical tech. Is there rampant age discrimination in the medical field? I am very athletic...

Katie in Richland, Washington

ST student wanting to relocate to Vegas

Hi everyone, I will be starting the surgery tech program this fall. When I am done I will be taking the National Exam to be certified, my question...

Sara in Charlotte, North Carolina

medications with mental health assessment

Hello everyone...I was recently accepted into an accredited surgical tech school. The last step is to pass the physical and mental health...

LISA in Springfield, Missouri

Updated 79 months ago

Shoes! - 3 Replies

I've just completed 3 days of full shift training rotations and I want to cut my feet off to just stop the pain. Any suggestions on the best shoes...

Samantha in San Clemente, California

Updated 79 months ago

DESPERATE!!!! Need Help, New Grad, very little experience looking for Surg Tech jobs. - 1 Reply

Hi, I'm a new grad, and looking for a surg tech jobs in any areas, Hospital, palstic, anywhere. Any good advice on where to best look. Please help...

Lyndsay in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 79 months ago

Questions about getting INTO a surgical tech program.... - 2 Replies

Hello all. I was hoping that someone could tell me what kind of hand-eye coordination test they give to permit someone into a Surgical Tech program....

Bonnie in Weaverville, California

Updated 79 months ago

Looking to go to school for surgical tech in Los Angeles any recomdations where i don t have to spend 22k? - 5 Replies

help?

Chelsea in Charleston, West Virginia

Updated 79 months ago

Questions on ST as a career move - 4 Replies

I'm considering ST as a new career move. I'm looking at Concorde in Tampa as a school(9month classroom, 4 months hospital). I've read many of the...

Amy Garrett in Shepherdsville, Kentucky

Updated 79 months ago

Nervous about starting my Externship... - 8 Replies

I am ready to start my clinicals in one week but I am kind of nervous because I have just learned alot of instruments by a certain name and the...

charlene goddard in Poughkeepsie, New York

Updated 79 months ago

The best part is... - 7 Replies

What do you enjoy most about surgical technician work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and...

sandy porter in Stone Mountain, Georgia

Updated 80 months ago

I graduated 3 years ago ? - 4 Replies

I graduated three years ago and I have no experience I'am looking for some hospital or surgical center that can give the opportunnity to be trained.....

Lisa in Franklin, Tennessee

Updated 80 months ago

Eye Tech - 8 Replies

Has anyone worked as an eye tech or no someone who did? I got called yesterday to interview and I wondered if anyone liked it? I'm older (40) and am...

LR in Los Angeles, California

Updated 80 months ago

Looking to go to school for surgical tech in Los Angeles any recomdations where i don t have to spend 22k? - 1 Reply

Looking to go to school for surgical tec in Los Angeles any recomdations where I don't have to spend 22k.

Figa in Saint Petersburg, Florida

Updated 81 months ago

Surgical accessories - 2 Replies

Does any body know where I can purchase surgical, protective goggles? I would preffer to buy it online. Do you know any good website you can...

luci in Los Angeles, California

Updated 81 months ago

Need advice! - 1 Reply

I've read through all the discussions and need a little clarification. I am considering starting school in surgery technology and have some...

talia

school interview tomorrow

I have an interview tomorrow morning with CHUBB for surg tech, any feedback about this school?

Angela in Mesquite, Texas

Updated 82 months ago

CAAHED certified schools - 1 Reply

I'm located in dallas texas. I'm 25 years old and I wondering does anyone know of a CAHHED certified school here in dallas?

Chris in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Updated 82 months ago

BEST surgical tech schools in dallas texas - 1 Reply

I'm located in dallas texas. I'm 25 years old and I am wondering does anyone know of a CAHHED certified school for a surgical tech here in dallas? Or...

meh in San Jose, California

Updated 82 months ago

guyz...we r not jaz surgical technicians.......we r surgical technologist ok????? - 4 Replies

becuz technilogist is diffrnt dan tecnicians, if u look into dictionary it will tell yah dat a technicians are supervised by a technologist!!!

Luci in Los Angeles, California

Updated 83 months ago

The Best Clinical Sites - 1 Reply

I am currently in the Surgical Tech program and I graduate in May. I am very close to having to pick 3 hospitals for my clinical sites. There are...

rachel in Gresham, Oregon

Updated 83 months ago

Starting out... - 5 Replies

How did you get your start doing surgical technician work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a...

Meredith in Wichita, Kansas

Updated 83 months ago

Dental Assistant - 1 Reply

I am having a hard time with getting a dental assistant job with no experience except for school.I fax resumes out ever day just about and it's not...

Daniel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Updated 83 months ago

Interview Preparation - 3 Replies

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming surgical technician interview? Are there common interview questions that come up again and...

binkie9 in West Lebanon, New Hampshire

Updated 84 months ago

scrub person - 1 Reply

Are ther many jobs for surgical technicians in upstate Ny like in Syracuse, Buffalo???

Annie in Whittier, California

New grad from a surgical tech. How to get a job with no exp.?

I started applying for instrument tech jobs just to get in the hospital setting. Please help?

Newb in Poughkeepsie, New York

certification...

My class just sat for the PAE this morning. It was by no means a reflection of the final exam furnished with the Surgical Technologist certifying...

Ms.Ellis in Norfolk, Virginia

Updated 88 months ago

Surgical Technicians in Cleveland,Ohio - 1 Reply

I live in Boston,MA. I am still in high school but I plan on becoming a surgical technician one day. I plan to move to Cleveland, Ohio. I was...

Kathy in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Updated 93 months ago

Getting a job as a surgical Tech - 1 Reply

I need to know how to get a job without having a year in already? It is very hard.

Page: « Previous   5  6  7  8 

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.