Clinicals and Felony Conviction

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 237)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

bob in Portland, Oregon

82 months ago

Also have a felony conviction, and have been working for the last 6 years, it should be NO trouble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

joseph in Saint Petersburg, Florida

82 months ago

i'am searching for a college or university that offers surg tech coarse in the st petersburg @ beside's tech schools on t.v

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

brian in Islandia, New York

80 months ago

cyndy in Cleveland, Mississippi said: Hi All,

I have a non-violent, non-sex related felony conviction (wire fraud) that has nothing to do with the healthcare field. I'm planning to attend Surgical Tech school in Jan. 08. I was informed by the director of the program that I many not be accepted for clinicals based on the felony. The crazy thing is that I spoke with a number of hospitals about hiring me after graduation from the program and some said it wouldn't be a problem, others said they look a case-by-case.

Can someone please explain why they will hire you to work for them, but won't allow you to do clinicals in their facility. I'm very upset about this...I've been anticipating this career for over 5 years and now that I have a chance to do it...it seems like its being taken away...Even the AST said my felony would not be a problem in getting my certification?!!!

Does anyone here know of anyone that has had a felony and made it through clinicals?

help!!! Cyndy

I went to school with a guy that has a felony on his record. Its been two years now and no one will hire him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Beware the for-profit monster

75 months ago

There are going to send you to a different clinical site then right. Other wise provided they asked you upfront (you answered on paper somewhere, application etc.) you I believe have a lawsuit. They have an obligation to let you know you wont be able to complete the program upfront. You shouldn't have much trouble getting a job as long as the offensive is not drug or violence related.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Brick, New Jersey

73 months ago

what if you have an arrest for drug related incident but there was no conviction will i have any problems

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cris in Brentwood, Tennessee

73 months ago

Cyndy, what did you decide to do?
I also have a non-violent felony for submitting false documents to hud on an fha loan. I have not even had a speeding ticket since but it is such a nightmare. Let me know how it goes for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

elle in San Diego, California

72 months ago

I have a non violent felony (welfare fraud) from over 14 years ago. since then i have worked and paid my fine off. I too went into the medical field and my record keeps popping up. I cant do my clinicals I was told . But I havent even tried due to embarassment if it shows up. Its not like a DUI or a drug offense. I just worked part time while collecting welfare trying to get off of the aid. My Bad, I would of been better off with a heavy drug charge just shy of a felony! sad huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cris in Brentwood, Tennessee

72 months ago

It is unfortunate but true. The system is so messed up. I am currently in school studying law and I am going to do what I can to work on giving non-violent felons a chance. We pay our dues and our punishment and we suffer for a lifetime. I have been following some articles and recent movements with regard to the fourth amendment and non-violent felons right to bear arms. The NRA along with one of the Michigan senators is workign to overturn this since it is a violation of our constitutional right to protect our homes. There are a few different cases about it now. That is one step towards helping us get our rights back along with lives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

vegas1 in Wausau, Wisconsin

72 months ago

hi everyone, im seeking a new career ive been welding for 10 years and tired of it (getting old lol) i was looking into a career in nursing however i have a felony thats 15 years old for manufacturing meth i know thats a harsh conviction but beings its so old is that still looked at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rosie in Houston, Texas

69 months ago

I also have a felony drug conviction for possession of sales (methamphetamine) from back in 1991. I want to get into the nursing field and hope it's not going to hamper my hopes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marlon White in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

Ray in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Good luck.I am a CST and I have a 12 year old conviction for Pot.They still give me a bunch of crap about it but welcome to Utah.Seems this state is like that.Perhaps a state where grass is not such a bad thing say Calif would be a better place to try for a job.What do you all think?[/QWas your conviction before or after you started working as a cst?UOTE]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri in Wichita Falls, Texas

66 months ago

well, I have a misdeamenor.... for petty theft. I am a single mom and I am just trying to take care of my daughter... and make her life what it should be. But I have learned real fast that no one really cares about that. It has been four years and I have lost 3 jobs that I know of from it. I want to go back to school... and I was thinking surgical tech but my dad raised a mighty fine point... am I going to go through all this schooling... and not even be able to get a job?? It apparently does not matter that I paid for this a million and two times... does anyone know about misdeamenors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

TONYA in Arlington, Texas

66 months ago

Hello...I have a felony on my record for embezzlement and it about 10 years old..I'm currently in school for Resp Therapy and doing well..But there is a form that I have to fill out for my background ck and I'm so scared they are not going to let me finish...I currently going through a divorce and want to be able to support my kids and I know I have made mistakes in the past but God do I have to keep paying for them over and over..Also this felony was because I receive to much money bk form tutuion remb from my employer...WOW!...I have since paid bk my debt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marie0182 in Minnesota

65 months ago

I was just curious if anyone knows anything about the Surgical Tech programs in Minnesota. I am currently seeking admission into a few of them and know they run criminal background checks. Within the past year I have gotten a DUi and want to know if this is going to hinder my chances at all? I am most interested in learning about St. Cloud tech and St. Mary's in MPLS. THANKS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie0182 in Minnesota

65 months ago

brian in Islandia, New York said: I went to school with a guy that has a felony on his record. Its been two years now and no one will hire him.

Any idea if anything would happen if it was a DUI misdemeanor conviction?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

diva in Fortuna, California

65 months ago

Well i am in California, going to go through the lvn program. I have a non violent felony on my record, as does my friend who was in prison for some time for a violent crime of passion whom will finish in august...so i will see if i have a chance at the program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

diva in Fortuna, California

65 months ago

and we are both hired already at a geriatric home

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Ontario, California

65 months ago

diva in Fortuna, California said: Well i am in California, going to go through the lvn program. I have a non violent felony on my record, as does my friend who was in prison for some time for a violent crime of passion whom will finish in august...so i will see if i have a chance at the program

So were you able to get any type of nursing license through the state of california and will they allow you to go through the clinical part of the program. I think that the Surgical Tech license and lvn license comes from the same place unless surgical techs get a certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

level 1 in Farmington, Michigan

65 months ago

Hire an attorney and have your record expunged (cleaned). Will cost $200-$500 but should be well worth it. As long as it's your only conviction and was 5+ years ago it is very doable.

elle in San Diego, California said: I have a non violent felony (welfare fraud) from over 14 years ago. since then i have worked and paid my fine off. I too went into the medical field and my record keeps popping up. I cant do my clinicals I was told . But I havent even tried due to embarassment if it shows up. Its not like a DUI or a drug offense. I just worked part time while collecting welfare trying to get off of the aid. My Bad, I would of been better off with a heavy drug charge just shy of a felony! sad huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

silhouette in Akron, Ohio

65 months ago

It is interesting to read what so many of you are saying. I was arrested and convicted of a drug felony in the 60's when I was still in high school. I sold a small amount to a personal friend who unfortunately was stung by an undercover informer, a girl who had asked for drugs whom he wanted to impress.
I was treated as if I was a narco kingpin ~ a 20-40 year penalty pending for sales dropped if I pled guilty to possession for sale, only 10 to 20.
I took the attorney's advice and pled guilty. Was sent to prison, got out in much less time and spent some years on probation.
Ohio had no expungement law until the mid-70's and at my first opportunity I filed and received an expungement so I could use my college degrees in sociology and psychology which had been basically worthless up until that time.
In any case a began a career in social work, initially with adjudicated delinquents who I hoped to help prevent from experiencing the same situation. I worked as a social worker for over 20 years until Ohio passed a law in the late 90's which forced individuals working in the public sector, ie. Social workers to document felonies on applications, in spite of expungement.
I took a new job not realizing that the records would surface and the administrator who read them interpreted the information on the documents as multiply drug trafficing charges which by schedule are right up there with rape and murder. As you might imagine, my career was finished and I continue to have issues with employment although I can conceal it for some occupations, but not for others.
It is actually getting worse not better. Criminal and felon are highly politicized. They evoke subliminal fear and scare most people. As a society we have a long way to go with rehabilitation especially with drug use and criminal consequences. A lot of ignorance and hypocracy out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

damp_98125@yahoo.com in Seattle, Washington

65 months ago

cyndy in Cleveland, Mississippi said: Hi All,

I have a non-violent, non-sex related felony conviction (wire fraud) that has nothing to do with the healthcare field. I'm planning to attend Surgical Tech school in Jan. 08. I was informed by the director of the program that I many not be accepted for clinicals based on the felony. The crazy thing is that I spoke with a number of hospitals about hiring me after graduation from the program and some said it wouldn't be a problem, others said they look a case-by-case.

Can someone please explain why they will hire you to work for them, but won't allow you to do clinicals in their facility. I'm very upset about this...I've been anticipating this career for over 5 years and now that I have a chance to do it...it seems like its being taken away...Even the AST said my felony would not be a problem in getting my certification?!!!

Does anyone here know of anyone that has had a felony and made it through clinicals?

help!!! Cyndy

I 've been in the healthcare feild for 25 years you have done such a fantastic job, of wanting to do something better for yourself. It is not the end of the world... many of the organization care about what you have done lately. That is not true. if you tell the truth, that is there. Many peiple don't inform the employer up front and that what get them in more trouble.Be honest with the employer and yourself and rise above your past, and press forward for something much greater. Remember; NO is ON spelled backwards. you took the posetive step to make posetive change dont't put obstecle in your own pathway, remove them as you have done by doing something greater than your past. I know I had A very very simular felony and I have been working greater than 20 years.
There is also a process that you can have it removed as long as it is three years or older and you have outstanding issues.

BD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cyndy in Cleveland, Mississippi

64 months ago

damp_98125@yahoo.com in Seattle, Washington said: I 've been in the healthcare feild for 25 years you have done such a fantastic job, of wanting to do something better for yourself. It is not the end of the world... many of the organization care about what you have done lately. That is not true. if you tell the truth, that is there. Many peiple don't inform the employer up front and that what get them in more trouble.Be honest with the employer and yourself and rise above your past, and press forward for something much greater. Remember; NO is ON spelled backwards. you took the posetive step to make posetive change dont't put obstecle in your own pathway, remove them as you have done by doing something greater than your past. I know I had A very very simular felony and I have been working greater than 20 years.
There is also a process that you can have it removed as long as it is three years or older and you have outstanding issues.

BD

Thanks for the encouragement, but my felony is federal and can't be expunged. Believe me I've checked on it. I'm currently working as a CNA now. I'm trying to wait until 2010, when I come off probation to apply to school. The felony will be 5 years old and maybe the board won't look so hard at it. All I can do it try. If its for me than God will make sure I get it.

Cyndy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BD in Seattle, Washington

64 months ago

Although your moral terpitude is in question, it is important that being honest is what most employers are looking for. This is what I was told by an HR commpliance officers.If it does not disqualify you from the list of the things that your state disqualy people for, it then becomes how you come across to the people who are making the decision in this matter. You should not let that dream of going forward stop you. please don't listen to people who are not making these decision. Call the board, and try to get answers from someone who can give you good solid information on these matters. Beleive that NO means ON backwards.

P.S.Donot stop keep going forward, I feel that they (powers to be) will respect your will to do smething posetive

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

cguess23@yahoo.com in Brentwood, Tennessee

64 months ago

Thank you for your words. I appreciate it and I am moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nurse Butler in Palo Alto, California

64 months ago

Sheri in Wichita Falls, Texas said: well, I have a misdeamenor.... for petty theft. I am a single mom and I am just trying to take care of my daughter... and make her life what it should be. But I have learned real fast that no one really cares about that. It has been four years and I have lost 3 jobs that I know of from it. I want to go back to school... and I was thinking surgical tech but my dad raised a mighty fine point... am I going to go through all this schooling... and not even be able to get a job?? It apparently does not matter that I paid for this a million and two times... does anyone know about misdeamenors?

Sheri
I understand your situation completely. The goo thing is it is only a Misdemeanor and not a Felony. Look into getting an Expungement(clears your record) through your local career center it may be free(it is in California) If not, then you may need to hire an attorney to do the paper-work for you, which will run between $400-$600, but it is well worth it.
Once you get the expungement, you can get most jobs because your misdemeanor will no longer appear. With that said, the healthcare, Government, State jobs, etc. are a little different. You would need to let them know of the crime and the expungement, what you did to correct it(i.e. community service or paid fine)
This will definetly increase your chances of getting licensed.

Good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

assa in Portsmouth, Ohio

62 months ago

level 1 in Farmington, Michigan said: Hire an attorney and have your record expunged (cleaned). Will cost $200-$500 but should be well worth it. As long as it's your only conviction and was 5+ years ago it is very doable.

I had a felony cocaine possesion conviction in Florida 12 years ago. It has been my only criminal conviction. I have since obtained a BA degree in Social Sciences and find it hard to get a decent job or seek a MSW or licience to substitute teach or to be liceinced by an Ohio baord in anything but drug counseling. It is as if I am to serve a life sentance for a mistake made 12 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

osidejenn1979 in Oceanside, California

62 months ago

vegas1 in Wausau, Wisconsin said: hi everyone, im seeking a new career ive been welding for 10 years and tired of it (getting old lol) i was looking into a career in nursing however i have a felony thats 15 years old for manufacturing meth i know thats a harsh conviction but beings its so old is that still looked at?

I too am a recovering meth addict with a possession for sales felony on my record. I just found out after speaking with the director of nursing at my college that I cannot be a nurse due to the fact that nurses administer meds. Period! I can be a CNA(Certified Nurse's Assistant) but they make CRAP money and basically change bedpans and diapers. Now I am trying to figure out if I can be a surgical tech. Surgery is what ihave always loved anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Meka33311 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

61 months ago

I'm sorry that most of you are having such a hard time ....this gives me something to fight for once I become a part of the judicial system ...I think that if a person has shown themselve to be a productive citzen of the community and making signifcanyt changes in their life then the judicial system should not hold it aganist you....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

cguess23@yahoo.com in Paducah, Kentucky

60 months ago

Meka33311,
Thanks so much and I hope you can help.
Most of us are just good people who made a bad choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bili in Tampa, Florida

60 months ago

i was recentlly released from federal prison from a felony drug conviction when i was 20 ( 2003 ) IVE RECENTLY STARTED school for medical assistance. the school assures me i will be able to find work with my record but i cant help but think different.i know others in my school with the same record but they dont seem to worry,even though theyve yet to finish and apply for employment. everyone i tell im going to school for m.a. dosent think i can. will i be ok or should i try to change courses before its too late ( i just finished my first week) to something like massage therapy? i just dont want to put in all this time work and money if its going to be very difficult. ill need to work asap. can anyone offer any advice please? thanks,bili

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

abdullah in Baltimore, Maryland

59 months ago

I was arrested and convicted on felony drug charges 8 years ago and was wondering if one can become a clinical psychology with such a felony? I am now a psychology major wondering if I'm wasting my time studying for one of my dreams thats less likely to occur. It's sad how society want people to change but won't let them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cguess23@yahoo.com in Brentwood, Tennessee

59 months ago

This is really important for all felons to read. There is a bill that is up that will offer expungement of some non-violent felons. It is called the SECOND CHANCE FOR EX-OFFENDERS ACT OF 2009. Write to your state officials in support of this bill. I have attached a link to it here. It would be a great help for non-violent felons. www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_1529.html

I also wrote to some of the reps that are in support thanking them and telling them my story. Please do the same. Take the time because our voices have a chance to be heard.

www.thepetitionsite.com/1/from-freedom-to-forgiveness check out this petition

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jess in Katy, Texas

58 months ago

i have 2 misdemeanors for theft (shoplifting) and i actually have an appointment to the sanford brown institute this thursday for the ST program... should i go and ask about it there? or do any of you know if i would be wasting my time? I just turned 23. 1st arrest i had just turned 17 and the 2nd I was 20. about to be 21 in 3 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cass.cris in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

58 months ago

In my opinion I think you should be ok. Maybe someone else can give you more info on it. I would write up an explanation about what happened and how you have changed since. That will help. Address it head on. I wish you good luck. Let me know how it turns out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

surgtek in Circleville, Ohio

58 months ago

Anon in Brick, New Jersey said: what if you have an arrest for drug related incident but there was no conviction will i have any problems

you won't get a job in the medical field..too much of a risk having someone with a drug related offense working around drugs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

teddybare842 in Brighton, Michigan

58 months ago

A felony is a felony...dosent matter if it was alcohol or murder. Welfare fraud is worse than dui...you lied to the state to get something that was you were not entitled to. DUI a person just drank!

elle in San Diego, California said: I have a non violent felony (welfare fraud) from over 14 years ago. since then i have worked and paid my fine off. I too went into the medical field and my record keeps popping up. I cant do my clinicals I was told . But I havent even tried due to embarassment if it shows up. Its not like a DUI or a drug offense. I just worked part time while collecting welfare trying to get off of the aid. My Bad, I would of been better off with a heavy drug charge just shy of a felony! sad huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

surgtek in Circleville, Ohio

58 months ago

damp_98125@yahoo.com in Seattle, Washington said: I 've been in the healthcare feild for 25 years you have done such a fantastic job, of wanting to do something better for yourself. It is not the end of the world... many of the organization care about what you have done lately. That is not true. if you tell the truth, that is there. Many peiple don't inform the employer up front and that what get them in more trouble.Be honest with the employer and yourself and rise above your past, and press forward for something much greater. Remember; NO is ON spelled backwards. you took the posetive step to make posetive change dont't put obstecle in your own pathway, remove them as you have done by doing something greater than your past. I know I had A very very simular felony and I have been working greater than 20 years.
There is also a process that you can have it removed as long as it is three years or older and you have outstanding issues.

BD

Good Advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

surgtek in Circleville, Ohio

58 months ago

jess in Katy, Texas said: i have 2 misdemeanors for theft (shoplifting) and i actually have an appointment to the sanford brown institute this thursday for the ST program... should i go and ask about it there? or do any of you know if i would be wasting my time? I just turned 23. 1st arrest i had just turned 17 and the 2nd I was 20. about to be 21 in 3 months.

Absolutely! Make them tell you wheter or not you will have a clinical spot for certain and if you will be hirable when you grad out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

surgtek in Circleville, Ohio

58 months ago

Marie0182 in Minnesota said: Any idea if anything would happen if it was a DUI misdemeanor conviction?

DUI isn't good. It shows the possibility that you have an alchol addiction...can't work around drugs then. Not impossible to get a job but incredibly difficult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

surgtek in Circleville, Ohio

58 months ago

bob in Portland, Oregon said: Also have a felony conviction, and have been working for the last 6 years, it should be NO trouble.

bad advice. You got lucky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

b.rob in Bradenton, Florida

58 months ago

you should be fine, i have friends who go to sbi with much worse and some are already in the feild, but you cant hurt mentioning it to who you meet in admissions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

diamond1 in Riverdale, Georgia

58 months ago

just wanted to know if there was any channce of becoming a cst with a felony or do any of you know if it's possible to go through wtih school or am i wasting my time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

diamond1 in Riverdale, Georgia

58 months ago

bob in Portland, Oregon said: Also have a felony conviction, and have been working for the last 6 years, it should be NO trouble.

do you have to live in portland to be able to get a job with a felony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jess in Cypress, Texas

58 months ago

surgtek in Circleville, Ohio said: Absolutely! Make them tell you wheter or not you will have a clinical spot for certain and if you will be hirable when you grad out

well I went and told them about my background and I still did the application and everything. But she said we will do the background part when i come back (next monday) and she said "based on what i have seen in the past, you should be okay"

I'm not sure how to take that.. oh and i meant to say I will be 23.. I turned 23 not 21.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ladybug63 in Becket, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Hi everyone..I am really concerned that once I graduate from surgical tech school, my past my haunt me...I am a recovering addict and I am afraid that once I start applying at the local hospitals for a job, I may not have a chance at it due to I have been red flagged at the hospitals for opiate addiction. does anyone have any info that they can share to help ease my fear.
Thanks, any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Push in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

bili in Tampa, Florida said: i was recentlly released from federal prison from a felony drug conviction when i was 20 ( 2003 ) IVE RECENTLY STARTED school for medical assistance. the school assures me i will be able to find work with my record but i cant help but think different.i know others in my school with the same record but they dont seem to worry,even though theyve yet to finish and apply for employment. everyone i tell im going to school for m.a. dosent think i can. will i be ok or should i try to change courses before its too late ( i just finished my first week) to something like massage therapy? i just dont want to put in all this time work and money if its going to be very difficult. ill need to work asap. can anyone offer any advice please? thanks,bili

Hi, Bill
I live in fla too, sarasota and I am going to school for massage. I am in the same boat as you and I cant find any good info about my schooling choice. Im not sure if i am able to be licenced for massage in fla either? If you know anything that can help me please let me know. i have read that a felon in florida isn't even allowed to be a licensed hairstylist?!! Its crazy stuipid!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

health coding technician in Richmond, Virginia

57 months ago

is it possile to obtain a job as a health coding technician with felony conviction. I am presently in college now for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

med asst in Bradenton, Florida

56 months ago

Push in Miami, Florida said: Hi, Bill
I live in fla too, sarasota and I am going to school for massage. I am in the same boat as you and I cant find any good info about my schooling choice. Im not sure if i am able to be licenced for massage in fla either? If you know anything that can help me please let me know. i have read that a felon in florida isn't even allowed to be a licensed hairstylist?!! Its crazy stuipid!

i was going to go into massage first but i couldnt becauase you have to be licensed by the state for that and felony make you ineligible. i went for med asst because they are not licensed in florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

med asst in Bradenton, Florida

56 months ago

med asst in Bradenton, Florida said: i was going to go into massage first but i couldnt becauase you have to be licensed by the state for that and felony make you ineligible. i went for med asst because they are not licensed in florida.

but you do have the oppertunity to plead your case, so i shouldnt have said ineligible, its just tough, because its thru the state.and since the state licenses massg therp, most employers want you to be licensed,.-bili

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

diamond1 in Douglasville, Georgia

56 months ago

can anyone help with finding a job in Atlanta ,Georgia in medical assistanting or surgical tech

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.