First day of clinical please help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

BRINA in Georgia

37 months ago

Please help me I am just starting clinicals and i am soooo nervous any advice on how to get over being nervous, How will I know what the surgeon wants without him even asking, i know to watch the surgery but what i am talking about is just being able to antipate what he needs next please help, like i know to give him the knife to make an incision but then would i give him the bovie or hemostst please tell me what order would i go in, someone once said,knife, pick ups, then bovie. I am so confuse and nervous

help!!!!!!!!!

e-mail me with any advice or tips
Thank You

my email is brina939@yahoo.com
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lunamomma in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

37 months ago

Every surgeon is different, and sometimes change up. Know the procedure, pay attention and think "how would I do it". Take a deep breath, and have your sponges ready ! Surgeons like to know that you are interested, use your training and your preceptor, you'll be fine ! Try not to take things personally, they do it to all newbies !

Lunamomma in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

37 months ago

Every surgeon is different, and sometimes change up. Know the procedure, pay attention and think "how would I do it". Take a deep breath, and have your sponges ready ! Surgeons like to know that you are interested, use your training and your preceptor, you'll be fine ! Try not to take things personally, they do it to all newbies !

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.