Getting a certificate at a Sanford Brown

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Deshawn in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

I'm located in Dallas texas and I want to attend a school to become a surgical tech. Sanford Brown here in Dallas has a program for your certificate. My question is .....

1)Can having just a certificate get me a job?
2)Would I be able to pass the CST exam?
3)Have anyone experience attending Sanford Brown College?
4) What would be my down fall for attending a "training program"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole

69 months ago

I attended Sanford Brown in PA and I would not recommend it to anyone!!! It was a terrible school! I had completed Anatomy and Phisology in college and was then retaught it in Sanford Brown and the professor had no clue what he was talking about I was basically teaching the class. It was a joke!!! Please look into a different school and save your money!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shawn in Plano, Texas

69 months ago

I am currently attending Sanford Brown, into my second mod. Ive looked into alot of schools in the area and sanford brown is the highest recognized school for surgical techs except for el centro.Yes they do have a high success rate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JD in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

I went to SBI Dallas. It is a complete joke. once they have ur money ur screwed. they do what they want and refuse to return ur money. After the first mod we all asked for our money back and were denied. Teachers showed up when they wanted and left when they wanted but we were expected to stay in the classroom for hours without any instruction. If you do anything wrong you are violating the contract but they do not hold themselves to the same standrdard. Some of the students never showed up for school and were still given credit and graduated. Any SBI certification is useless and not acceptable at most hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Lavon, Texas

68 months ago

I met two SBI students just yesterday and spoke with one of the for a while. She had absolutely nothing good to say about her school and will graduate in a few weeks.

When I started this quest I looked all over for a school and even checked into SBI. I decided on Trinity Valley Community College, there I can graduate with an Associate in Applied Science degree and the CST. They also offer just the CST. I would highly recommend a community college over any tech program. I'm not saying anything bad about tech schools I personally think coming from a college would be better for finding a job and being better prepared.

Just my two cents.

Scott in Jacksonville, Florida

53 months ago

I think the proof in the quality of an ST program is their graduation rate and job placement rate. All schools legally have to provide that information to you. If they don't they are either lying or they don't care.

I checked out the Sanford Brown school and they have one of the highest placement rates in the country. Their school in NJ had the best PAE test scores in the US last year. I think it depends on where you are at as a students. In my opinion, community colleges are great for kids trying to find out what they want to and schools like Sanford are best if you know what you want to do.

Scott in Jacksonville, Florida

53 months ago

I think the proof in the quality of an ST program is their graduation rate and job placement rate. All schools legally have to provide that information to you. If they don't they are either lying or they don't care.

I checked out the Sanford Brown school and they have one of the highest placement rates in the country. Their school in NJ had the best PAE test scores in the US last year. I think it depends on where you are at as a students. In my opinion, community colleges are great for kids trying to find out what they want to do and schools like Sanford are best if you know what you want to do.

ST Graduates MOM in Bound Brook, New Jersey

36 months ago

My daughter graduated Sanford Brown 2 Yrs ago with HIGH scores, She did her externship and loved it...Took her NJ exam and received her certification ALL GREAT,Full OF ENTHUISIASM and excited to start a new career. H O W E V E R......Sandford Brown does nothing to help you!!!! They have your money and say Bye Bye. No One will hire you without experience and there are NO starting points... She has a huge student loan to repay and has a meager job, still looking for a Surgical Tech position. I as a mother of a graduate WOULD NOT recommend Sanford Brown They make postions sound good but...they are not a reality in NJ.

How can a surg tech re new their skills? in Paterson, New Jersey

32 months ago

Hello. I am A CST. I have just been hired by the hospital that I did my clinicals. Unfortunately, its one year later after clinicals. I am afraid that I have lost my skills after so much time of not being in the O R. I have been practicing my setups, and going over my gowning ang gloving. I am even reading over my clinical notes. This is such a big opportunity for me, and I dont want to blow this opportunity. Does anyone have any advice on how to re learn my skills quickly? Thans in advance!!!!!

Trelusia Thomas in Jersey City, New Jersey

10 months ago

oook soooo i am highly considering go to sanford brown this sept for there surgical tech program..... i know tht it is a lot of $$$$$ but i am going into this hoping to get hired shortly after i finish my clinical and get certified i really want to do this guys and going to sign up any day now. is this program hard? will i find a job????????????? HELP PLEASE ur comments will b greatly appreciated THNX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aaaj in Bellerose, New York

6 months ago

I don't know about the program but I do know that in any field it will be difficult to get a job. Try networking or volenteering at a hospital to show them you are knowledgeable and hard working. A degree of anykind does not guarantee a job. Sorry about that, but it is the truth in today's difficult economic times.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.