Have a 4 yr degree but interested in ST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Daniel Smith in Riverdale, Georgia

59 months ago

Hi, I just recently graduated from a university with an undergrad degree in Biology-Pre Med concentration. Eventually, I have goals to go on to med school but dont want to go right away due to financial situations. Im thinking about going to Chatt tech to get my education, training, ect in ST but i want to know being that I hold a degree, will it allow me to make a little more than the average entre-level ST????? I figured that since I want to eventually go to med school later on, being a surgical tech will allow me to gain vital experience in the surgical field being that I have goals on becoming a trauma surgeon....Any advice/comments?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake

44 months ago

Hi Daniel, with a 4 year degree in biology under your belt you should still keep aiming towards becoming a surgeon. It takes a lot time with school but I suggest you try for scholarships because of your financial issue. Yes you could become a surgery tech to help with the $$$ but thats 2 more years of school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pilar in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

With a four year Degree, you should then go for the PA program (two more years) and you are at a higher level than a ST the difference in salary is greater. You won't regret it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Landyprosper1@gmail.com in Lynn, Massachusetts

39 months ago

Daniel Smith in Riverdale, Georgia said: Hi, I just recently graduated from a university with an undergrad degree in Biology-Pre Med concentration. Eventually, I have goals to go on to med school but dont want to go right away due to financial situations. Im thinking about going to Chatt tech to get my education, training, ect in ST but i want to know being that I hold a degree, will it allow me to make a little more than the average entre-level ST????? I figured that since I want to eventually go to med school later on, being a surgical tech will allow me to gain vital experience in the surgical field being that I have goals on becoming a trauma surgeon....Any advice/comments?????

i Will Counsel you to go for First Assistant do not stop at Being an ST become FAST or go to shool were they offer the program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.