Is 22,000 for surgical tech school too much?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 204)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

shelley in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

I am looking into surgical tech schools, and found a one year program for 22,000 dollars. It is an accredited school, however arn't there hospital based learning programs? How does one find out about those? I am in Houston TX. Please help~!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Nao V in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

TOO MUCHHHHH!!!! Tomball College and HCC offer their sur tech classes for less than $4000!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THOSE "ACCREDITED FLY BY NIGHT SCHOOLS" - go to a community college!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

87 months ago

WOWWWWW!!! I went for 6k at my local college(Pennsylvania College of Technology)
That was 7 yrs ago. I got a job at my local hospital and a yr later they paid the remaining 5k balance on my student loan by signing a 5 yr contract w/ the hospital. I am currently going through a program for Surgical Assisting which is done online for all the book work and I am in Dallas, Tx right now taking a Suture and Tying conference. Lots of oppurtunities when you go to tech school. Once I am done with this I will be First Assisting and Harvesting leg vein for heart bypass surgery's on the Cardiac Team I am on. I can't wait. I have harvested about 3 veins so far and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Makes me feel better about doing my job. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gypsy in Piqua, Ohio

87 months ago

shelley in Houston, Texas said: I am looking into surgical tech schools, and found a one year program for 22,000 dollars. It is an accredited school, however arn't there hospital based learning programs? How does one find out about those? I am in Houston TX. Please help~!!!

I'm looking into the same thing. Have you found out how to find hospital bases learning programs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

Walked into the same school you inquired about and one of the student Surgical Techs knowing that I was a prospective student looked at me and swiped his hand across his throat as if to say don't do it, then twitled his fingers as if to say tooooo muuuccchh cash for this program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

kim in Katy, Texas

87 months ago

I visited a college yesterday and yes 22,000, for 13 months, I really want to do this career change, does anyone know of any other schools or directions, I can go. I can not do the 22,000. I live in Katy texas, do they offer studies at the hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Katy, Texas

87 months ago

Chris in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: WOWWWWW!!! I went for 6k at my local college(Pennsylvania College of Technology)
That was 7 yrs ago. I got a job at my local hospital and a yr later they paid the remaining 5k balance on my student loan by signing a 5 yr contract w/ the hospital. I am currently going through a program for Surgical Assisting which is done online for all the book work and I am in Dallas, Tx right now taking a Suture and Tying conference. Lots of oppurtunities when you go to tech school. Once I am done with this I will be First Assisting and Harvesting leg vein for heart bypass surgery's on the Cardiac Team I am on. I can't wait. I have harvested about 3 veins so far and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Makes me feel better about doing my job. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Chris, can you please direct me in what you have done, I really was excited to here of where you are right now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

87 months ago

I live in PA. I am a tech that went to college. I recommend a college or tech school. We have like 3 schools within a 200 mile radius that provide this course. Where I went to schoold (www.pct.edu) it is a 2 yr course. I would not recommend any hospital trained courses or whatever they are called. They are actually taking janitors within the hospital and doing on the job training(OJT)
That is just TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! They are not trained enough so when they take thier certification exam they don't pass. Its not a cheap test or easy for that matter. I actually just finished my suture and tying hands on class, which I am in Dallas right now and leave tomorrow. This is so I can suture wounds and help more with surgery's and become certified in First Assisting. I still have my book work to complete which is all online. I have my books but I take the tests online. It is through NIFA(National Institue of First Assisting) www.surgicalassisting.com You will need to be a CST before you can take this course. I also will be harvesting vein for the heart bypass's. Also when you are a CFA(Certified First Assistant) you can bill the insurance company's like a Dr. or a Physician's Assistant does so that you get paid for your services throught the patients Insurance Company. It isn't a hell of a lot but its extra money. I know for a Lumbar/Back Fusion you can get as much as 850 bucks from the insurance company. I hope this helps. If you need more info email me at cplank00@verizon.net
Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

chris in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

87 months ago

Luci in Los Angeles, California said: chris, congrats do you have to scrub in for the whole case especially the longer ones or do you get called close to closing time.

I have been the same scrub for the same case and it lasted 10 hours!! It was a heart bypass case. The pt didn't do well on the bypass pump. I did get about a 15 minute break to pee and get a snack. In hearts it depends on the situation and surgeon but they may allow lunch breaks if there are 2 really strong scrubs that know the set up and routine. Now in the general OR where they do the routine cases like bowel, gallbladder, cysto, ortho, etc we get a morning 15 min break, lunch, and an afternoon 15 min break. If we are in a total hip/knee case we don't get a brake until we are closing the incision b/c of it being a total joint and infections. You don't want infections in any case but in totals it can be fast paced and the surgeon's we have don't wanna be interupted w/ breaks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

- in North Charleston, South Carolina

87 months ago

gypsy in Piqua, Ohio said: I'm looking into the same thing. Have you found out how to find hospital bases learning programs?

Have you tried the following site: www.technical-schools-guide.com/ohio-medicalhealthcare-schools.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

cplank in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I honestly would go to a tech school or college(univ.), and not do the OJT(on the job training). It may hinder you if you wanna move higher up in your career as a surg tech. There are hospitals training janitors to be techs, and that is terrible!!! In my mind it is a shot in the guy to those who are techs that went to school for 1-2 yrs to get thier cert. or associates degrees. It may be more expensive but you will get all the anatomy & physiology, medical term, and tech studies needed to be really good out of school. There a couple techs that just graduated from our local college and are doing great. They were doing great in the early summertime when they were still in college. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chandler in La Paz, Bolivia

86 months ago

I am in Rurre Bolivia doing volunter work. I am interested in going to P.A. school, but I have to have so many clincial hours of work experince. So I thought about taking a year off of college and greating this degree to work, and help pay for my schooling. I am from Cleburne Texas, and am not interested in paying alot of money for something that I am trying to use to earn money.
If you know of a short and cheap program around that area in Texas please let me know.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

s.l.c in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

kim in Katy, Texas said: I visited a college yesterday and yes 22,000, for 13 months, I really want to do this career change, does anyone know of any other schools or directions, I can go. I can not do the 22,000. I live in Katy texas, do they offer studies at the hospitals.

Both Houston Community college and San Jacinto have 1 to 2 year programs....the cost is around 2-4 thousand....stay away from those ridiculous 22,000 dollars for one year. I inquired about a few in Houston, and they wont quit calling me! They are way over priced, and from what I have heard, most of their grads are NOT even working!!
STAY AWAY!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Katy, Texas

86 months ago

Thank you so much, I prayed last night and ask for a sign and woke up to your answer, I was going sign today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Katy, Texas

86 months ago

shelley in Houston, Texas said: I am looking into surgical tech schools, and found a one year program for 22,000 dollars. It is an accredited school, however arn't there hospital based learning programs? How does one find out about those? I am in Houston TX. Please help~!!!

Yes, they offer one class at memorial in Houston ,but they are not taking applications at this time. and I went to the same
$22,000 dollar schools as you, way to much. HCC AND TOMBALL OFFER SAME COURSE FOR 2 TO 4000.00, I HEARD BUT HAVE NOT CHECKED IT OUT. If you check out can you please fill me in, I have spent to much time on this issue, but really would like to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Katy, Texas

86 months ago

gypsy in Piqua, Ohio said: I'm looking into the same thing. Have you found out how to find hospital bases learning programs?

memorial hospital in houston has the class you are looking for, but no longer taking applications at this time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Troi in Richmond, Virginia

86 months ago

Does anyone know of any programs available in Richmond, VA? The only school I know of is 22,000 as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Katy, Texas

86 months ago

gypsy in Piqua, Ohio said: I'm looking into the same thing. Have you found out how to find hospital bases learning programs?

Sorry, found out todat they quit doing surgical tech classes at memorial houston

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nao in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

Anyone's best bet is to go to a community college or university vs. those fly by night schools. Colleges and Univs are primarily LESS expensive and have GREAT grants and programs for us po folks. Also, they help you find jobs and if you decide to change fields later, you can transfer your credits for classes taken and most of those fly by night schools CANNOT have you transfer your credits. Just be able to stand for long periods because surg techs do that! Good luck! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marisa in Redondo Beach, California

86 months ago

HI CHRIS I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A ONLINE SCHOOL FOR SURGICAL ASSISTANT CAN YOOU HELP ME OUT IM CURRENTLY A DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER BUT AM THINKING ABOUT CHANGING MY PROFESSION A LITTLE
THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nao in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

Online wont really work because you would need to do actual clinicals - in person training. Check into colleges or night classes.!

Good luck

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cplank in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

marisa in Redondo Beach, California said: HI CHRIS I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A ONLINE SCHOOL FOR SURGICAL ASSISTANT CAN YOOU HELP ME OUT IM CURRENTLY A DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER BUT AM THINKING ABOUT CHANGING MY PROFESSION A LITTLE
THANKS

Marisa,
Depends on your facility you work at you may need to be a Surgical Technician first. I am not sure on this. There were Nurse Practitioners in the Suture and Tying Lab I took in Dallas, Tx. They could take this NIFA course and then work in the OR!! They didn't know the names of the instruments or how to use some of them, which is fine. They worked in a facility that let them do that.
If your facility does allow this, I recommend NIFA. (www.surgicalassisting.com) There is a lot of talk right now about accredited courses. There is another post on here: www.indeed.com/forum/job/certified-first-assistant-assistant/05390c183c137e1973794203
that I am on and kinda upset about. If you read you may see why I am. Anyway the course I am taking was not accredited, but now within a yr or so will be!! I am very happy about this.
If you want more info I can send you some via mail. I will just copy my outline of the course and mail it to ya. Email me at cplank00@verizon.net and let me know. Thanks
Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Seattle, Washington

86 months ago

Just curious if the CST exam is difficult for those who have taken it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Melanie in Las Vegas, Nevada

86 months ago

That's insane. I paid around $2000 for the Community College and I am currently making WAY more that my coworkers that went to a "private" fancy school. I think there is actually less hands on in those schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cplank in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Well you get what you pay for! We got in just 6 days at the suture and tying lab between 50-60 hours and that don't include the total of 30 hrs I practiced at home in the luxury of my own sofa!!!! It was great. Plus I am still getting hands on b/c I have been assisting at work for the past 2 yrs and not getting paid extra for it. I wasn't closing but I was doing the other assisting duties. Also I am doing EVH(endoscopic vein harvesting) so after I take out the vein I have to tie all the branches and also close the incision. I am also closing the chest and sternal incisions.
By the way this NIFA course is through Southern Nevada Comm. College.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LILY in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

I AM THINKING OF GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FOR SURGICAL TECH, IS IT HARD TO FIND A JOB?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

leah in Saint Paul, Minnesota

83 months ago

marisa in Redondo Beach, California said: HI CHRIS I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A ONLINE SCHOOL FOR SURGICAL ASSISTANT CAN YOOU HELP ME OUT IM CURRENTLY A DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER BUT AM THINKING ABOUT CHANGING MY PROFESSION A LITTLE
THANKS

Is there a reason for career change? I was hoping to go into diagnostic medical sonographer too if I don't get into Physician Asisstant school. Did you take an online course or actual course? What are the up and downs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marilyn in Oakland, California

82 months ago

an accredited surgical technologist 15 month program school here is $33,600 a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BRINA in Georgia

82 months ago

ANY NEW INFOMATION ON SURGICAL TECH SCHOOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

82 months ago

1: exactly what do Surgical Techs do?

2: how much do they make? i did a run on
careerbuilder for my area, only seen one.
and it wanted 1 year expr, and pay was $52/yr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

80 months ago

Yesterday i went to ACHP on the southwest side of houston and the there is also 22,000 for 16 months for the CST program. San Jac wanted 26,000 for the 2 year program. Med Vance wanted 36,000 for the 2 year program along with typed references and a 300 word essay etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

80 months ago

The admission advisior say it's $15 hr. to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sivilai in Saint Paul, Minnesota

80 months ago

I want to to to PA school in the long run, so I am planning to get a surgical tech certification to get patient hands on experience and hours. If the program is $11,000.00 for 2 semester too much, I just want to complete the program soon and get my hours for PA school. There is not a lot of surgical tech schools that are cheap in minnesota, unless I don't know of one, and if there are they were full any suggestions? Is this a good deal, I haven't have any good luck finding a job even though I am a certified phlebotomy so I am scare I will not able to find a job as a surgical tech. Please help??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Rancho Cucamonga, California

80 months ago

You know what, i've been out of high school for almost 6 years now and i'm not getting any younger. I've decided that i'm gonna go through with the OR tech program whether it be expensive or not. All I know is that with the Lord's help, he'll guide me through it and in the end, find me a good job. Join me on this journey to a better and brighter future. Stop worrying about costs and such. If you're gonna do, dive in head first. I can't wait to get the ball rollin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Rocklin, California

79 months ago

Does anyone why schools in the Sacramento Areas whould be so much more expensive 28,000 to 32,000 dollars for only 14 to 16 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Sacramento, California

79 months ago

22k at High Tech in Rancho Cordova. Not CAAHEP accredited but you can sit for the NCCT. Major hospitals within 150 miles of the Sacramento area are hiring High Tech students. Western Career is CAAHEP accredited and costs 32k. Junior colleges in the Sacramento and surrounding areas do not offer the program. Do your homework on the schools before you start. Western Career will convince you that you need the CAAHEP. Personally, I dont know if it that's true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna in Highlands, Texas

79 months ago

T F in Baytown, Texas said: Yesterday i went to ACHP on the southwest side of houston and the there is also 22,000 for 16 months for the CST program. San Jac wanted 26,000 for the 2 year program. Med Vance wanted 36,000 for the 2 year program along with typed references and a 300 word essay etc.

So what did you decide? I have been reading a lot of comments on this site, I must say I am so glad I have. I lost my in April and I decided I want to go back to school. I have a 3year old so daycare is tough. I am undecided where to go to school due to the money situation. So, I did not know San Jac offered this course of study. I live in Crosby, Tx. I hope everything turns out for you. Dianna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

79 months ago

Dianna in Highlands, Texas said: So what did you decide? I have been reading a lot of comments on this site, I must say I am so glad I have. I lost my in April and I decided I want to go back to school. I have a 3year old so daycare is tough. I am undecided where to go to school due to the money situation. So, I did not know San Jac offered this course of study. I live in Crosby, Tx. I hope everything turns out for you. Dianna

I'm going for an interview at achp tomorrow. I have to take an entrance exam 1st. will let you know how everything went.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

T F in Baytown, Texas said: I'm going for an interview at achp tomorrow. I have to take an entrance exam 1st. will let you know how everything went.

Very cool let me know...achp is where I want to go. It seems like a good school. any info about them I would appreciate. You already checked out San Jac and it was 26,000 for 2 years? Maybe we will attend achp together... Let me know when classes start. I spoke with a guy named Alvin over the phone and he was real nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

79 months ago

Dianna in Houston, Texas said: Very cool let me know...achp is where I want to go. It seems like a good school. any info about them I would appreciate. You already checked out San Jac and it was 26,000 for 2 years? Maybe we will attend achp together... Let me know when classes start. I spoke with a guy named Alvin over the phone and he was real nice.

My appt. has been canceled. I've been rescheduled for Thrus. will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

79 months ago

Dianna in Houston, Texas said: Very cool let me know...achp is where I want to go. It seems like a good school. any info about them I would appreciate. You already checked out San Jac and it was 26,000 for 2 years? Maybe we will attend achp together... Let me know when classes start. I spoke with a guy named Alvin over the phone and he was real nice.

I'm sorry it's the ahcp (Academy of Health Care Professions).
This is what I know so far.... It's a new program that has been added this year; the program is for 16 months; it's CAAHEP and ABHES accredited program; and the next class starts in July 08' and March 09'. Check out caahep.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna R in Crosby, Texas

79 months ago

T F in Baytown, Texas said: I'm sorry it's the ahcp (Academy of Health Care Professions).
This is what I know so far.... It's a new program that has been added this year; the program is for 16 months; it's CAAHEP and ABHES accredited program; and the next class starts in July 08' and March 09'. Check out caahep.org

Hello, T in Baytown, Tx Good morning. I did some research and was talking to people on this site yesterday. Someone really Nice gave me a Houston Community college site and they are so much cheaper, $3000.00 for the whole program,
(which is 18 months) I do not know about your fin. situation but I have three kids and my husband has been supposing us all for two months now. Thank god for my husband and he is a great man. He thinks it is great I am going back to school. Now I have found an affordable way to make my way in this exciting new field. I am so happy. I have really found a school I can afford. For anyone else reading this...anything over $10,000 for this course of study is a scam. Tech school is a joke. Go to your local community college. Now you have to meet their requirements, drug screen, background check and I have to write a letter, you can not get enroll, it involves a little work before you can start. But, look at it this way, I will type 50 letters if I can save $20,000 on education. Where there is a will there is a way. Hey T in Baytown before you make your appt.to ACHP checkout HCCS.Edu and then decide. Galveston College has a great program too, Not sure on the cost. HCCS listed the cost on their site and the $3000 covers everything...books, supplies and everything. Super cool. Have a great day MS. T in baytown.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

79 months ago

Dianna R in Crosby, Texas said: Hello, T in Baytown, Tx Good morning. I did some research and was talking to people on this site yesterday. Someone really Nice gave me a Houston Community college site and they are so much cheaper, $3000.00 for the whole program,
(which is 18 months) I do not know about your fin. situation but I have three kids and my husband has been supposing us all for two months now. Thank god for my husband and he is a great man. He thinks it is great I am going back to school. Now I have found an affordable way to make my way in this exciting new field. I am so happy. I have really found a school I can afford. For anyone else reading this...anything over $10,000 for this course of study is a scam. Tech school is a joke. Go to your local community college. Now you have to meet their requirements, drug screen, background check and I have to write a letter, you can not get enroll, it involves a little work before you can start. But, look at it this way, I will type 50 letters if I can save $20,000 on education. Where there is a will there is a way. Hey T in Baytown before you make your appt.to ACHP checkout HCCS.Edu and then decide. Galveston College has a great program too, Not sure on the cost. HCCS listed the cost on their site and the $3000 covers everything...books, supplies and everything. Super cool. Have a great day MS. T in baytown.

Oh my gosh!!!! The price is sooo afordable. Thanks for the info, been meaning to check them out as well. But is the program an accredited? Make sure, because it would be a waste of time. Hear that if the program is not an accredited program you will not be allowed the take the certification test. I will keep my appt. to see what they are really about.
Just being on this site, you get so much info. and learn so much. To become a ST you can travel, become first asst. just so much you can be involved in doing. Although, I'm not an ST yet, still I'm just excited thinking about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

T F in Baytown, Texas

79 months ago

Dianna R in Crosby, Texas said: Hello, T in Baytown, Tx Good morning. I did some research and was talking to people on this site yesterday. Someone really Nice gave me a Houston Community college site and they are so much cheaper, $3000.00 for the whole program,
(which is 18 months) I do not know about your fin. situation but I have three kids and my husband has been supposing us all for two months now. Thank god for my husband and he is a great man. He thinks it is great I am going back to school. Now I have found an affordable way to make my way in this exciting new field. I am so happy. I have really found a school I can afford. For anyone else reading this...anything over $10,000 for this course of study is a scam. Tech school is a joke. Go to your local community college. Now you have to meet their requirements, drug screen, background check and I have to write a letter, you can not get enroll, it involves a little work before you can start. But, look at it this way, I will type 50 letters if I can save $20,000 on education. Where there is a will there is a way. Hey T in Baytown before you make your appt.to ACHP checkout HCCS.Edu and then decide. Galveston College has a great program too, Not sure on the cost. HCCS listed the cost on their site and the $3000 covers everything...books, supplies and everything. Super cool. Have a great day MS. T in baytown.

I'm to also umemployed and hoping that this will be a great last career change. I'm not getting any younger. I'll be 43 this year. Have two kids 25 and 16 years old and a wonderful husband who doesn't care if I'm not working, because he loves seeing me everyday. I've worked as a hairstylist for 12 years and once was self-employed and worked all the time. I always wanted to make the change to the medical field, but was so committed to my customers and didn't want to disappoint anyone. Now I'm here living in Texas. Been here for almost three years now. Love the big city and always in awe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna R in Crosby, Texas

79 months ago

I am very glad to meet you. I am very excited about this career change too. I am 34 years old and I have three boys 12,10,& 3. I am a busy woman. I was in the Oilfield industry for about 13 years. I was an operations manager for a trucking co. owned by my grandmother. Sounds a little crazy, needless to say, all my family works there and it is hard to maintain good relations with all of them. I learned a lot and I became a woman and mother while working there. It was not a bad situation, I just do not like being treated like I am a 15 year old girl. That is how my grandma treats me and I do not want to end up hating her. I just do not want to waste time or money. Let me know how things are going. I have decided on Community College, they are state approved and accredited program. Oh, did you check out the average salary for a PA? So, cool. I can not wait to go to school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KM in Tifton, Georgia

79 months ago

I am currently working as a surgical tech. I have been doing this for a few years now and have been trained completely on the job. Is there any way of becoming a CST with on the job training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna R in Texas

79 months ago

T F in Baytown, Texas said: I'm to also umemployed and hoping that this will be a great last career change. I'm not getting any younger. I'll be 43 this year. Have two kids 25 and 16 years old and a wonderful husband who doesn't care if I'm not working, because he loves seeing me everyday. I've worked as a hairstylist for 12 years and once was self-employed and worked all the time. I always wanted to make the change to the medical field, but was so committed to my customers and didn't want to disappoint anyone. Now I'm here living in Texas. Been here for almost three years now. Love the big city and always in awe.

What happened to you? Where did you decide to go? I finally enrolled at The Acedemy of Healthcare professions, the school we were talking about. I will start July 7th. Let me know how you're doing and where you decided to go. I hope everything is well for you. Dianna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Lake Jackson, Texas

79 months ago

Dianna R in Texas said: What happened to you? Where did you decide to go? I finally enrolled at The Acedemy of Healthcare professions, the school we were talking about. I will start July 7th. Let me know how you're doing and where you decided to go. I hope everything is well for you. Dianna

I will also be starting on July 7th at ACHP noethwest. I have been in health care for the past 12 years myself. 10 years as a full time 911 Medic and the last two in the ER and Radiology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dianna R in Texas

79 months ago

Jason in Lake Jackson, Texas said: I will also be starting on July 7th at ACHP noethwest. I have been in health care for the past 12 years myself. 10 years as a full time 911 Medic and the last two in the ER and Radiology.

Cool, I guess I will meet you soon? I am really excited. What made you want to attend ACHP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Lake Jackson, Texas

79 months ago

AHCP was the fastest course to get into. I looked into others but did not want to wait longer to start,I also did not wish to wait for the app process to get into San Jac or HCC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.