Is their a lot of jobs being a surgical technician?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Tori Boyd in Pinellas Park, Florida

42 months ago

Im going to be going into school to be a surgical tech in July and i just wanna know if there are a lot of jobs in that field in Florida i don't know weather to do surgical tech or to do medical assisting with basic X-Ray

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Happylilsurgtechstudent in Largo, Florida

41 months ago

Surgical Tech!!!! Way more opportunities....especially in Pinellas county! Dr's offices are starting to do away with hiring MA's and hire LPN's only. What school are you going to be going to?

tori65 in Largo, Florida

41 months ago

Happylilsurgtechstudent in Largo, Florida said: Surgical Tech!!!! Way more opportunities....especially in Pinellas county! Dr's offices are starting to do away with hiring MA's and hire LPN's only. What school are you going to be going to?

Im goin to be going to Licoln Technical institute

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Im goin to Lincoln Technical Institute

Michelle in Odessa, Florida

41 months ago

I am still undecided between Lincoln Tech, PTEC, CFI, Concorde, or Erwin. So far, best reviews have been for PTEC and CFI (because of the degree). So I'll check out the schools in person first, and then take their entry exams. Then we'll see. I'm looking to start somewhere in fall.

Michelle in Odessa, Florida

41 months ago

I checked on the certifications for Lincoln Tech, and they are not CAAHEP certified. Isn't that one of the school requirements most Hospitals are looking for when it comes time to be hired?

41 months ago

I have no clue im just now gonna be graduating, i still need to do alot of research, but i cant go to PTEC cus i heard the one in St. Pete is not that great but the one in clearwater is good because ive had quite a few friends who went to both, and driving to clearwater everyday would suck, im still undecided on what career i even want, im leaning more towards MA w/ basic X ray. Im just so confused!

shannamark2011 in Largo, Florida

39 months ago

The Ptec in St. Pete is awesome! They have a phenomal surg tech program as well. The clearwater campus doesnt offer surg tech there.

Jcort 2073 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

37 months ago

I am considering the St Pete. Surgical Tech program @ Ptech starting in late August. The program is CAAHEP certified. I talked to both the instructor and the guidance counselor. They indicated that students were placed for employment thru the clinicals. Has anyone finished the program and how hard was it finding employment?

happylilsurgtechstudent in Largo, Florida

36 months ago

Hey Jcort...I start my 24 weeks of clinicals in mid september, and the class that is out there now....most have been picked up as PCT's with the knowing that they will get the next ST spot that opens up. The hospitals love us Ptec students and they know that we are going to do a good job. Our clinicals are basically our job interviews.

Good luck....I heard the next class isnt starting til October now??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.