Looking for a Job as a Surgical Tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Darinda Green in Detroit, Michigan

38 months ago

I am getting so frustrated Ive been looking for a job in Surgical Tech and have not succeeded yet and I know I can do the work I just wish somebody will give me a chance I even do volunteer work in a hospital and I just don't know what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasmen Stampley in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

38 months ago

me too. i am a new grad but no one will even give me a chance. everyone wants experience but how are you suppose to get experience when no one will hire you. does our clinical externships stand for something??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Darinda Green in Syosset, New York

38 months ago

It is so frustrating but try going into some hospital and do volunteer work because that's really the only way really and network through there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Darinda Green in Syosset, New York

38 months ago

Yes I just don't think its right I've been doing the volunteer work so try that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ELLA in Brooklyn, New York

26 months ago

Its really hard finding a job for surgical tech I have been looking and everyone asks for expirience its frustrating...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mare in Kingston, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

I have been out of the OR for about 11 years, and am trying to get back in, and forget it!!!!! I worked in an OR for about 11 years, then left to raise my son, now he is older and , well, i might as well throw away my degree!!! It was a complete waste! No one will even look at me, or even give me an interview because i have been out! I would NEVER recommend anyone to go to be a tech. Go to nursing school, it is so much easier to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mialeduc in Miami, Florida

20 months ago

I will have to agree with you all this was the worst thing I did. I graduated a year ago and I still haven't' been able to land a job. I basically wasted 25K+ on a degree that is worthless and the joke of school I went to was useless on finding interviews. Whoever is thinking about pursuing a career as a surgical tech keep walking and just go for your RN!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.