PAE vs CST?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Stacey in Covington, Georgia

73 months ago

I am currently enrolled, ready to start next monday the surgical tech degree program. However the school just joined with another school (this past week) and changed it's name. It now says it is ARC-ST accredited and not CAAHEP anymore. I was curious to whether or not this is going to make a difference in getting started in my career, and if I should transfer to a CAAHEP accredited school, and if the credits would transfer. It seems like to get National Certication Exam, I would need to go to a CAAHEP school, or I would have to wait 5 years for the PAE to be accredited by CAAHEP anyway? Also any help with AST vs. NBSTSA? Is the goal to be CAAHEP accredited because you don't have to add up 60 CE credits? I am wondering if anyone has any advice on this situation, as I am having a hard time understanding this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brinad in SAVANNAH, Georgia

64 months ago

what are some of the questions ask on the surgical tech certification exam, what do i need to focous on the most, please e-mail me
brina939@yahoo.com

thank you
brina

brinad in SAVANNAH, Georgia

64 months ago

I finish surgical tech school six months ago and have not find a job in this field yet, I am working as a patient care tech but would like to work as a surgical tech, the thing is I am so nervous, I was nervous in my clinicals and I have not shaken this feeling yet, how do one get over this feeling, I am afarid I will forget what I learned, please, please, please help me. I think the reason why I am not really pursuing a job as a surgical tech is because I am sooooooo!!!!! nervous, this is what holding me back, I dont want to make any mistake, is there any refresher course or something I can do that will help me

please e-mail me
despart for the help

brina939@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot

BRINA in Georgia

59 months ago

I am nervous in clinical please help anyone have any tips what can I do and how do you know what the surgeon need next, i know to what the procedure but explain to me for example when surgery starts you will give him the knife to cut and then the caurty or will you give hemostats

please help this is my first day in clinicals

I am sooooooooo nervous!!!

BRINA in Georgia

59 months ago

advice on how to get over being nervous in the or

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.