ST Program at Bunkerhill Community College in Boston,MA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Wallas in Boston, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Warning!!!
Don't waste your money at this school. Teachers are extremely unprofessional, rude, not helpful and just plain nasty. Calling students stupid and put you on the spot in front of fellow classmates and other students.
Tests are done online in the computer lab during open lab time. You have to fight for a computer and the noise level is outrageous while taking a test or quizzes. We just had our final yesterday, 85% of the class FAILED, just shows you how bad the instructors are. PLEASE don't waste your money at this school. Short version of my complaints, thinking of dropping out before next semester starts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pete in Salisbury, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Wallas in Boston, Massachusetts said: Warning!!!
Don't waste your money at this school. Teachers are extremely unprofessional, rude, not helpful and just plain nasty. Calling students stupid and put you on the spot in front of fellow classmates and other students.
Tests are done online in the computer lab during open lab time. You have to fight for a computer and the noise level is outrageous while taking a test or quizzes. We just had our final yesterday, 85% of the class FAILED, just shows you how bad the instructors are. PLEASE don't waste your money at this school. Short version of my complaints, thinking of dropping out before next semester starts.

I graduated from BHCC 2003/2004 surgical technology program, and I respectfully disagree. With a bachelors degree on my resume, I enrolled in their certificate program to find a career I was passionate about and give me a head start in the strong health care field here in Massachusetts. After graduate I quickly landed a job and earned my CST title.

The clinicla rotations include some of the top hospitals inluding MGH.

The classes need to be challenging, in a few short weeks you will be in charge of a sterile field while a patient in under anesthesia. If you think your instructors are difficult wait until you are working with a surgeon. Again they are just trying to prepare you for the "real world." Jane and Jayne are excellent instructors who have strong background in the field. They have graduated many top students.

I strongly recomend not quiting and being less emotional, there is a waiting list for their program. They are just trying to prepare you for the national Certifation exam. In less than a year you will be making at least $50,000 in a 10% unemployment market. Many people would love to have the opportunity you have been given.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

AKF in Boston, Massachusetts

55 months ago

I'm considering enrolling into the ST Program at Bunker Hill College, I see that the course load for that beginning fall semester is very hectic. Are weekends classes offered for this program as well. I see that you also said there is a waiting list so I wanted to apply for Fall 2011, should I submit my application now?

wallas in Boston, Massachusetts

55 months ago

Look into Northshore community college, its so much better there. Northshore was my first chose but applied late so I had to settle for bunkerhill. I am so glad I left that program at bunkerhill.

TamieD in Somerville, Massachusetts

32 months ago

Is the Chelsea location easy to get to from the MBTA public transit? How are the courses I see that it does not require you to take Medical Terminology wouldn't that be needed if you are going to be in the room with doctors? and lastly would a person with a full time 9-5 job have to quit there Job ? do they have night classes

Alex in Gloucester, Massachusetts

32 months ago

wallas in Boston, Massachusetts said: Look into Northshore community college, its so much better there. Northshore was my first chose but applied late so I had to settle for bunkerhill. I am so glad I left that program at bunkerhill.

Hello everyone! I'm looking into starting a surgical tech program @ nscc. Are there any graduates from the program? How did you find the program? What's the job market like post graduation? Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.