ST STUDENTS RATE LAMSON COLLEGE TEMPE AZ.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Richard in Peoria, Arizona

69 months ago

DOES THE ST PROGRAM AT LAMSON COLLEGE TEMPE AZ. NEED TO BE EXPOSED? PASS IT ON....

I AM HEARING STORIES OF 6-9 MONTH WAITING PERIODS FOR EXTERNSHIP? IS THIS UNFAIR? IS THIS A QUALITY EDUCATION FOR $22,353.00 PLUS INTEREST.

ALL YOU ST STUDENTS FROM LAMSON COLLEGE TEMPE AZ. GETTING THE RUN AROUND, PLEASE UNITE!!! LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE HERE AND TELL YOUR CLASSMATES TO DO THE SAME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappy ST in Jacksonville, Florida

65 months ago

Your school is not the only one with these unethical practices. You can go to www.arc-st.org and file a grievance procedure against the alleged school. I know here in Florida there are problems with "accredited" schools as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Oxie in Huntington Beach, California

64 months ago

Sharon in Scottsdale, Arizona said: It sucks for all of us students who attended and then counted on Lamson College. I feel all of the instructors cared and did their best, and what people fail to realize is that the mess we are all in is due to the fact that the admissions dept over-enrolled, the extern coordinator at the time totally dropped the ball, and the director of the st program was uncaring, uneducated and a miserable person who hung us all out to dry!! And job placement assistance??? There is none...what do thoses people do all day anyways??? My advice to those who are waiting-and can take this option-opt for doing your externship out of town!! All expenses paid, top notch lodging and a monthly allowance and most important-SHORT WAIT!! Fot those who could of never offorded such an experience this is a very exciting opportunuity!! :) Put the blame where it belongs-THE ST DEPT PROGRAM DIRECTOR!!

Sharon, what a great idea! Are out-of-town externships offered through the ST schools, or do students need to research them on their own? Do you know how to research and contact facilities offering out-of-town externships?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Scottsdale, Arizona

64 months ago

Lamson College Class Action Lawsuit in Tempe, Arizona said: All other Lamsion College Student scammed by the schools surgical tech program please email us or post on this topic.

You can reach me at:
lamsonsurgetechlawsuit@gmail.com

Lamson Lied promising externships during the 13 month program. Once you are in the program you find out the wait for externships is being pushed out longer (6 - 12 months etc.)
Program was a joke..not taken seriously
Teachers/Instructors were ex-Lamson students who could not get jobs at real hospitals.
Inconsistant Instructors: One Instructor trains you on their way and the next Instructor tells you you are doing it wrong
Instructors humiliate students.
Teachers/Instructors gave test answers away to the students so they would pass the class no matter what. I have the test answers provided by the Instructors who were too busy telling us about getting boob-jobs, bar fights and doing time in tent city instead of instructing/teaching us.
Do not ask any questions because the Instructor will not be able to answer the questions
School Director, Dean, & Administrators unfair
Receptionists dodge phone calls and sends callers to voicemails that are never returned.
It is pretty bad when Hospitals will not take the FREE labor (the externships) in this economy.
Join us in the fight we want to hear from you if you were involved or are still a part of this scam by Lamson/Delta College. If you are in another Lamson College or Delta College program that was a scam or miss-managed contact us at:

lamsonsurgetechlawsuit@gmail.com

Search Engine:
Lamson Surge Tech Lawuit, Lamson Lawsuit, Lamson College Lawsuit, Lamson Fraud, Lamson Surgical Tech, Lamson Surgical Technology Program, Lamson Surgical Technology Fraud, Lamson Surgical Technology Scam: Delta College Surge Tech Lawuit, Delta College Lawsuit, Delta College Lawsuit, Delta College Fraud, Delta College Surgical Tech, Delta CollegeSurgical Technology Program, De

64 months ago

Oxie in Huntington Beach, California said: Sharon, what a great idea! Are out-of-town externships offered through the ST schools, or do students need to research them on their own? Do you know how to research and contact facilities offering out-of-town externships?

If you are one of the surviving students @ Lamson, talk to James Weaver-if you can catch him in!! He will arange all of your details to do your extern out of state! Like I said, it s a great offer he is making for the students to make up for the schools problems w/ the extern wait! I can't find his # at the moment, I will look and post it ASAP! You can always call Lamson & leave a message 4 him. Good luck!! :)

64 months ago

Misty-get a life!! WHAT instructors gave all of the answers-where was I?? you CHOSE to stay-so suck it up and stop bringing everyone down! The instructors tried their best-they had NO IDEA what they were infor-the uneducated, miserable program director and the extern coordinator dropped the ball!! What about the last instuctor standing-nothing to say about hearing her sex life during all of our time?? We chose to stick it out-so please-suck it up and be polite and hurry to TX!!

64 months ago

Sharon in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Misty-get a life!! WHAT instructors gave all of the answers-where was I?? you CHOSE to stay-so suck it up and stop bringing everyone down! The instructors tried their best-they had NO IDEA what they were infor-the uneducated, miserable program director and the extern coordinator dropped the ball!! What about the last instuctor standing-nothing to say about hearing her sex life during all of our time?? We chose to stick it out-so please-suck it up and be polite and hurry to TX!!
also-admissions should of regulated potential students-like you know...who have criminal records..it is unfair to them-they will NEVER GET A JOB!!!

john in Tempe, Arizona

62 months ago

Richard in Peoria, Arizona said: DOES THE ST PROGRAM AT LAMSON COLLEGE TEMPE AZ. NEED TO BE EXPOSED? PASS IT ON....

I AM HEARING STORIES OF 6-9 MONTH WAITING PERIODS FOR EXTERNSHIP? IS THIS UNFAIR? IS THIS A QUALITY EDUCATION FOR $22,353.00 PLUS INTEREST.

ALL YOU ST STUDENTS FROM LAMSON COLLEGE TEMPE AZ. GETTING THE RUN AROUND, PLEASE UNITE!!! LEAVE YOUR MESSAGE HERE AND TELL YOUR CLASSMATES TO DO THE SAME.

Ok... i am a former lamson graduate.. i completed the program in dec 07 and didnt get my extern till may 08.. i still didnt complain as that will get you no where.. i understand the frustration of all my fellow classmates.. and regardless of their feelings they are entitled to.. i say my time at lamson was a long trial period in my life. after completing my externship.. its true i wasnt able to obtain a job either right away.. but i persisted and was willing to apply anywhere i could... i got a job in october of 08.. but it was in colorado.. i was very fortunate to land that job as they took me with no formal experience.. but i got that job without the assistance of Lamsons career services.. but i do not blame them cuz if i did then i would still have no job.. but that long period in my life made a better stronger person.. i am not bitter with lamson at all.. i am forever greatful to the staff and support staff that didnt let me give up.. now i am reaping the rewards.. after getting my experience in colorado.. i am now back in the valley working for a great hospital.. bottom line is... life and education is what you make it.. there were times i wanted to give up but i didnt.. it is what you make it.. no one can waive a wand and help you land a job or put it on the shoulders of someone else.. it is your responsibility to persist and refuse to fail or give up.. do i not recommend lamson.. i can tell you that you need to check it out for yourself.. my advice, there is no perfect school or teachers.. they all have faults. make your own future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Plainfield, Illinois

58 months ago

Richard in Peoria, Arizona said: DOES THE ST PROGRAM AT LAMSON COLLEGE TEMPE AZ. NEED TO BE EXPOSED? PASS IT ON....

I was 4 weeks away from graduation in the ma program. Me and the instructor were roomates during my time at the school. well her best friend was also a instructor along with the best friends mother who actual ran the ma program. To make a long story short, when my roomate decided to leave that job and go back to her former employer, the best friends got into a huge fight. and then the mother got involved. That is when the mother started threatening me for slander if i was to say anything about what i knew about the staff at that school. I started as an A+ student and when all this started happening, I was dropped to F. She was throwing out the work I did, counting me absent. When I went to the dean, I found out she was fired from Apollo college for the same type of thing. Needless to say i was given my full reimburment of money except for the hundred dollars for my scrubs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amz in Mesa, Arizona

56 months ago

graduated in may 08....still have not externed.....call to kellie with no response...this college sucks....

jms in Madison, Wisconsin

56 months ago

I am thinking about relocating to Az in the next year or two and was wondering if any techs can give me an idea of what to expect for salary. i have 25+ years of experience with a specialy in Neuro.

Fnominlgem in Scottsdale, Arizona

55 months ago

I hate to be the bearer of bad news to the whiners here but let me tell you what I KNOW, not what I heard...though schools offer to assist in employment and there is alot of pressure on them to get externship programs...the BOTTOM LINE REALITY IS exactly what goes on in REAL LIFE...the strong and assertive will not only survive but get what they need to get to go where they want to go.

Let's face it...you people want a fast program where a school cracks open your head and pours information in and then sews it up and sends you to a ready made job! That is not life. People complain about their HARVARD education and teachers too!

Advise, GET IN, get that piece of paper and then get busy and go sell YOURSELF! I think it is unfair that the dept. of ed pressures these schools to find you guys job anyway. Yale doesn't have to!

In EVERY educational institution on the planet there are good teachers and bad ones, there are those who care and those who don't! Lamson has countless numbers of graduates over countless numbers of years and guess what...MOST who have graduated from there have taken the skill set and education that they acquired and gone out into the world and done what they had to do to be recognized and rewarded for their talents and skill set! That is life! Those who are about it, DO IT, those who are not...COMPLAIN!

You made an investment and in the end YOU are responsible for what you get and how you use it! Go forth and make it happen people!

Bloom where you are planted! Those who REALLY WANT TO EXCEL will do so even if they are the only flower among weeds! Stop being weeds and bloom where you are planted!

With love and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Queen Creek, Arizona

55 months ago

I am/was a student at Lamson College in Tempe, AZ. I was not in the medical program but in the paralegal program... I had to withdraw for a term because of a car accident. When I went to re-enter I was told NO with no reason given to why not. I held a 3.0 GPA have a great relationship with teachers/other students, never had any problems, loved the school until the new campus director came in. Her name is Shannon. she is nothing more than a liar! She has been caught in many lies and when she has been called out on them she will try to screw up your life. James Weaver is an okay guy when you can catch him... I have dealt with him many times because Shannon would lie to me. if you would like it please email me and I will give it to you as I have it saved in my phone. I am trying to find more students that have had issues at Lamson college, and with Shannon. please email me so we can get her out of there!

michelle in Queen Creek, Arizona

55 months ago

If anyone needs James Weaver's number please email me I have it saved in my phone as I have had many many problems with the campus director Shannon at the Tempe, AZ school.

Pamela in Hesperia, California

55 months ago

LamsonFraud in Phoenix, Arizona said:

I like to here from all the sucessful surgical tech's from Lamson College.. I know there are a handfull of you out there. Iv've spoke with plenty of students out here NONE of them have a surgical tech job!!! If fact most of them went to wal-mart or McDonalds to work. And still have a student loan to pay for. Can't get a ob unless your certified surgical tech or 1-2 yrs experince. Just got to study and get that certification!!!! Then you can get a Surgical Tech job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

korench in Kingman, Arizona

45 months ago

there is still people going after lamson! its not too late! going back to 07-08. if lamson took your money and didnt deliver please contact me! korench@yahoo.com

Becky in Phoenix,AZ

27 months ago

I am currently in a battle with Lamson College. I was persuaded by an advisor that Lamson was perfect for me, so I started my classes took out a loan and a month later was told the school was closing. With six months done and one to go I missed alot of school due to health issues the school was not willing to work with me stating that they were shutting down and rephasing was not an option. So they dropped me one month from graduation. So I am have no certification and collectors after me for the loan I took out and no way to pay it.

bella mario in abcd, Vatican City

26 months ago

Supply teacher interview questions? Pls help me list of teacher technical interview questions and

26 months ago

bella mario in abcd, Vatican City said: Supply teacher interview questions? Pls help me list of teacher technical interview questions and

Will someone please help bella mario on how to talk LOL.........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Hello Havang,
Great response, and intelligent too! Your info makes sense.

This discussion was started by me a while back. It involves a corrupt private college that offers poor allied health care training just to make a buck. Bella Mario must have misinterpreted the topic.

Your comments should be of help to Bella Mario's question.
How is the weather in Vietnam ? Richard...........

ablake in ven, Venezuela

26 months ago

bella mario in abcd, Vatican City said: Supply teacher interview questions? Pls help me list of teacher technical interview questions and

You can ref some interview questions as follows:

Tell me about yourself?
What are your biggest strengths for Teacher?
Why did you leave your last job?
What are your career goals for Teacher?
What kind of salary would you require to accept the position: Teacher?
Why should we hire you over the other candidate?
What is your system for evaluating student work?
What would be the ideal philosophy of a school for you?
What have been your most positive teaching experiences?
Could a student of low academic ability receive a high grade in your classes?

You can ref more 170 teacher interview questions & answers at: azjobebooks.info/170-teacher-interview-questions or 103 common interview questions and answers.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.