Surgical Tech with Bachelor's degree

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

T in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

73 months ago

Hello..I am a surg tech with a B.A.(1) I have been wondering if anyone knows if there are any regulations in regards to education and payscale..In other words should I be getting paid more because I already have a Bachelor's degree?? (2) Also, any career ideas of what I could be doing so I am not wasting my education because I don't want to go into Nursing??(3) I currently scrub occular cases and moving to N.J. any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kaye in Lawrenceville, Georgia

72 months ago

Try anesthesiologist assistant. You already have great experience in surgery. The pay is good too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kaye in Lawrenceville, Georgia

72 months ago

what do u have a BA in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

surg ikle teck Knowlegest in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

T in Upper Marlboro, Maryland said: Hello..I am a surg tech with a B.A.(1) I have been wondering if anyone knows if there are any regulations in regards to education and payscale..In other words should I be getting paid more because I already have a Bachelor's degree?? (2) Also, any career ideas of what I could be doing so I am not wasting my education because I don't want to go into Nursing??(3) I currently scrub occular cases and moving to N.J. any ideas?

Camden has a profusionist prgram. If you became a nrse you could jump off into many otherhtings. You could be PRN. You could also apply to medical school to become a PA or MA. Time to jump thru the hoops

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tyler in Lincoln, Nebraska

42 months ago

T in Upper Marlboro, Maryland said: Hello..I am a surg tech with a B.A.(1) I have been wondering if anyone knows if there are any regulations in regards to education and payscale..In other words should I be getting paid more because I already have a Bachelor's degree?? (2) Also, any career ideas of what I could be doing so I am not wasting my education because I don't want to go into Nursing??(3) I currently scrub occular cases and moving to N.J. any ideas?

Hello,

I am wondering the same exact thing as well because I am about to get my B.A. in Biological Sciences (it was free so I might as well have attained it). Yet, I am a Certified Surgical Technologist... I am wondering exactly what kind of career paths this could come down too, as well. I am sure being an Anesthesia Tech would be great, but that requires experience. What exactly is a Profusionist? What about enrolling into the Accelerated Nursing's Program (obtaining a B.A. in Nursing with a Biology Degree and being a CST)--could that help enhance my outlook on the career field as becoming an OR Nurse? I am currently 23 years old and I do have many years ahead of me... What I am saying is that, I wouldn't mind going the long haul and obtaining my Masters in Nursing, becoming an Anesthesiologist, becoming a PA/MA/or even a Doctor, but I just need some guidance... Perhaps this will help the person who originally asked this question as well. Spurt out the career options in the OR first! I am very proud to be a Surgical Technologist and I do want to hold onto my roll in the OR for quite a while. I cherish Aseptic Technique for the best surgical outcome of all my patients.

Tyler in Omaha, Nebraska

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.