gracias.I go back for lpn programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shellyg54 in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

why not RN? more money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

maria in Melbourne, Florida

59 months ago

are you surgical tech.any way I going to do rn I think.gracias.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Yes, I am a tech. I will be going to RN school soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maria in Woodruff, South Carolina

59 months ago

me too.I try to move out florida.here is not good for surgical tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

maria

59 months ago

gracias I moving for RN programs ,

lost in Roslindale, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have a interview with a community college in Mass. to get into the surgical program. Does anyone have an idea what type of questions they will ask me? my interview is on 6/22/09. Any info is greatly appreciated.

58 months ago

lost in Roslindale, Massachusetts said: Hi everyone,

I have a interview with a community college in Mass. to get into the surgical program. Does anyone have an idea what type of questions they will ask me? my interview is on 6/22/09. Any info is greatly appreciated.

The main thing they look for is do you have a friendly personality. You need to be able to get along with people, without being overbearing. The OR is a kinda closed society, so you need to be mature and have a good attitude and a thick skin, so that you don't react to all the crazy people you will work with. It also helps if you are hardworking and a self-starter (meaning you will do what you need to do without being told over and over). I'm sure you will do well.
Go into the interview with confidence (you need that too)! Good luck.

wallas in Roslindale, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Shellyg54 in Chicago, Illinois said: The main thing they look for is do you have a friendly personality. You need to be able to get along with people, without being overbearing. The OR is a kinda closed society, so you need to be mature and have a good attitude and a thick skin, so that you don't react to all the crazy people you will work with. It also helps if you are hardworking and a self-starter (meaning you will do what you need to do without being told over and over). I'm sure you will do well.

Thank you for your advise, greatly appreciated. Will let you know if I got in or not after the interview. Thanx again.

LIZ M. in Atlantic City, New Jersey

58 months ago

Shellyg54 in Chicago, Illinois said: The main thing they look for is do you have a friendly personality. You need to be able to get along with people, without being overbearing. The OR is a kinda closed society, so you need to be mature and have a good attitude and a thick skin, so that you don't react to all the crazy people you will work with. It also helps if you are hardworking and a self-starter (meaning you will do what you need to do without being told over and over). I'm sure you will do well.

THANK YOU SHELLYG54, I GRADUATED IN DECEMBER, CERTIFIED,,EVEN MADE THE NHS, AND I'M AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE AST. BUT UNFORTUNATELY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO LAND A JOB IN THIS FIELD...I'VE BEEN TO SEVERAL INTERVIEWS AND NOT HIRED. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT I GET VERY NERVOUS WHEN IT COMES TO INTERVIEWS.. EVEN WHEN I KNOW THWE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I START STARTLING...AND PROBABLY COME ACROSS INSECURE...I HAD ONE ASK ME TO TELL HER 10 THINGS I WANTED FROM THIS JOB AND WHAT MY PROFESSIONAL GOALS WHERE IN 5 YEARS...I MEAN, I WANT A JOB NOW AND I'M LIVING ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA WANT IN A YEAR, LET ALONE 5...LOL, AND I'M SO NOT A LIAR, I CAN'T LOOK AT THEM IN THE FACE AND MAKE UP AN ANSWER,U KNOW.

58 months ago

I can relate! The thing about interviews is you have to keep in mind that you are interviewing them too! Relax, and don't see it as a life and death kinda thing. If you are a good employee (and I know you are) THEY would be lucky to have you. I mean that. You don't have to be cocky, but have the mindset that they have no reason not to hire you...You are the best person for the job. If you start to think that way, the confidence will come across. An interview is really a game. I could make up ten reasons, but I would be laughing at about # 5, because they know and you know that is a bullxxxx question, so have some fun with it. And you could end with I need a job!!! :-) Don't sweat an interview. Have fun with it. People want to work with people who know how to smile.

LIZ M. in Atlantic City, New Jersey

58 months ago

Thanx shellyg54....i can feel your confidence in that comment...hopefully i'll over my fear soon and get an interview...lol...i'll keep u informed.

Wallas in Lawrence, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Hi everyone,

I had my interview For the surgical tech program at a community college yesterday. After an hour with the interviewers I was told that I would be excepted into the program. But they told me that I am over qualified and that I would be bored as a ST. I should look into another program. They were trying every way to tell me that I was making a huge mistake. Just don't know what to do now. I was in the nursing program and would graduate next month but dropped out because it was not for me. hated every minute of it when I was in the nursing program.

leah farnsworth in Charlotte, North Carolina

58 months ago

Can you name the com college in MA? I graduated 4 yrs ago from one there. I moved here(NC)a year ago and worked at a hospital that din't work out. I can't get a job either. I have considered/and think I'd perfer working in a surgi center or Dr.'s office but I haven't seen ANY advertised!! How do you find these jobs!!!

Shannon in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Hello everyone! I think it is a shame that there are so many people on here trashing the surgical tech field... You are crushing dreams of people who really wanted to do this and changing their minds.... you dont even know them or their personality! Maybe they have the personality that makes it fine in this industry.. so shame on you... and get a new career cause i wouldnt want anyone with your bad attitude operating on me!! I am a recent valedictorian graduate from high tech institute.... from the very start i told myself i was going to do whatever it takes to pursue my dreams... I definately agree you have to have the right personality to be a surgical tech... if you seriously are going to get offended about the surgeons treating you badly.. that is ridiculous... they have people's lives in their hands... and when something isnt going as planned... they get crabby as would I... the best we can do ... is try to make it run smoothly... and give them what they need.... I also feel they get frustrated with telling us... how to do something or what they want over n over again... just like anyone ...no one likes to repeat themselves... so you all need to relax.. be more understanding... they are not treating you like crap... they are just trying to do their best for the patient.. and that is how it should be... they are the only one that matters in the room (patient) SOooo... Get Over IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

"I had my interview For the surgical tech program at a community college yesterday. After an hour with the interviewers I was told that I would be excepted into the program. But they told me that I am over qualified and that I would be bored as a ST. I should look into another program. They were trying every way to tell me that I was making a huge mistake. Just don't know what to do now. I was in the nursing program and would graduate next month but dropped out because it was not for me. hated every minute of it when I was in the nursing program."

My response..........
If you are bored with what you are doing... go for it!! An OR Nurse doesn't see much action... they dont get close enough to see the anatomy most of the time..they spend all their time charting and getting sterile supplies for the surgeons and techs during procedures.... I know I would not want that job... so I understand what your saying... as a Tech you do not have all that paperwork and you get WAY more hands on experience.... If that is what you're looking for.. go for it!! If you are overqualified... you probably wont have a hard time finding a job...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

"I graduated 1 month ago and passed the CST exam 1 week ago. I have applied to about 50 positions and have interviewed for 1 sterile processing job and have an interview scheduled for tomorrow for an ST position. I think the only reason I am getting the interview for the ST job is because one of my former instructors works at the place and put in a good word for me. If you made any friendships during clinicals or have any contacts use them. Often times older techs will know managers from different hospitals where they worked in the past and may be willing to make some calls for you if they like you."

Is that you in there Jay??? from HTI ??

lawren.wilson in Fort Myers, Florida

56 months ago

I am in school for ST right now and I am finding that I really like it. Is there anything that anyone can tell me that I might be able to use once I graduate from school. I am 26 and was out of school for 8 years before starting college this time and I am finding it overwhelming. Are there any tips for helping me to control and manage my time better? I also have an 11-month old son who does not like to let me do my school work and I cannot afford to put him in daycare. The more I read this site the more I am getting discouraged. I don't think that I chose the wrong career for myself or my family, but everyone on here is so negative. HELP ME PLEASE.

cpown in North Little Rock, Arkansas

56 months ago

Hey girl- don't get discouraged. I'm in a similar boat- 28, two kids (one is 3 and the other is 5) and going to school right now. What I find is most helpful is to try to get my kids in bed by around 8 and then do my studying, plus, depending on your book your syllabus' might just follow the chapter summary which I find really helpful for studying. I make lots of flash cards for everything we go over in class ( I highlight the ch. summery portions presented on our slides then do the flashcards from those) because that's generally what's on our tests. In our program 90 % of our students are hired right out of school to one of the hospitals that we do our clinical rotations at. So try not to worry too much, as hard as that sounds :)

lawren.wilson in Bonita Springs, Florida

56 months ago

Thanks for the encouragment I appreciate it. It is so hard to study and do everything else around the house. Finding a job around where I live is ridiculous. I had a job as a bill collector for a telemarketing company but just lost it the other day. That impact on my income was devastating. We had just bought a car and were depending on my income to be able to survive and make the payments without having to struggle. Again, thanx.

Shellyg in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

leah farnsworth in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Can you name the com college in MA? I graduated 4 yrs ago from one there. I moved here(NC)a year ago and worked at a hospital that din't work out. I can't get a job either. I have considered/and think I'd perfer working in a surgi center or Dr.'s office but I haven't seen ANY advertised!! How do you find these jobs!!!

Don't wait until you see a job posted. If you want a job in a surgery center, get the yellow pages, or go to the state web site and get a list of all the surgery centers. Make a great resume, and a log of all the cases you scrubbed on. (If you are a student, and you are not doing this, START NOw!!). Call and/or go to the surgery center and ask who does the hiring. Just be friendly and optimistic. Know that someone is going to say yes! Come on people, if you can get through the program, you can get a job. It's a great field, once you get used to it, the work is not so hard, the pay is good, and you get to learn something almost every day. Go for it.
Be careful about sterile processing, unless that is what you want.
Ask how many people have been transferred into surgery from the ST department at that hospital. If they say none, expect to spend a long time in Sterile Processing.
Good luck everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shellyg in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

LIZ M. in Atlantic City, New Jersey said: THANK YOU SHELLYG54, I GRADUATED IN DECEMBER, CERTIFIED,,EVEN MADE THE NHS, AND I'M AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE AST. BUT UNFORTUNATELY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO LAND A JOB IN THIS FIELD...I'VE BEEN TO SEVERAL INTERVIEWS AND NOT HIRED. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT I GET VERY NERVOUS WHEN IT COMES TO INTERVIEWS.. EVEN WHEN I KNOW THWE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I START STARTLING...AND PROBABLY COME ACROSS INSECURE...I HAD ONE ASK ME TO TELL HER 10 THINGS I WANTED FROM THIS JOB AND WHAT MY PROFESSIONAL GOALS WHERE IN 5 YEARS...I MEAN, I WANT A JOB NOW AND I'M LIVING ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA WANT IN A YEAR, LET ALONE 5...LOL, AND I'M SO NOT A LIAR, I CAN'T LOOK AT THEM IN THE FACE AND MAKE UP AN ANSWER,U KNOW.

Hi Liz, How are things? Just curious. I hope you are moving forward.

Evelyn in Greensboro, North Carolina

56 months ago

Shellyg in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Liz, How are things? Just curious. I hope you are moving forward.

When you go into an interview you have to become an actress, even if you are not feeling confident just go and sell yourself. You don't have to lie just believe. I know you can do it. Don't give up.

56 months ago

Evelyn in Greensboro, North Carolina said: When you go into an interview you have to become an actress, even if you are not feeling confident just go and sell yourself. You don't have to lie just believe. I know you can do it. Don't give up.

That was actually for Liz, sorry Shellyg

56 months ago

leah farnsworth in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Can you name the com college in MA? I graduated 4 yrs ago from one there. I moved here(NC)a year ago and worked at a hospital that din't work out. I can't get a job either. I have considered/and think I'd perfer working in a surgi center or Dr.'s office but I haven't seen ANY advertised!! How do you find these jobs!!!

Leah go on indeed.com and look up jobs for Charlotte, NC
Good Luck

56 months ago

Shellyg in Chicago, Illinois said: Don't wait until you see a job posted. If you want a job in a surgery center, get the yellow pages, or go to the state web site and get a list of all the surgery centers. Make a great resume, and a log of all the cases you scrubbed on. (If you are a student, and you are not doing this, START NOw!!). Call and/or go to the surgery center and ask who does the hiring. Just be friendly and optimistic. Know that someone is going to say yes! Come on people, if you can get through the program, you can get a job. It's a great field, once you get used to it, the work is not so hard, the pay is good, and you get to learn something almost every day. Go for it.
Be careful about sterile processing, unless that is what you want.
Ask how many people have been transferred into surgery from the ST department at that hospital. If they say none, expect to spend a long time in Sterile Processing.
Good luck everyone.

I had an interview for a surgi center and find out tommorrow if I get the position. I've been out of work since Dec. and worry that I need to brush up on my skills. Any ideas on getting refreshed??
And how about critical thinking, and do all doctors expect you to have what they need without asking for it? How do you master it???
Please respond!!!!!!!

56 months ago

Congratulations on your interview. When you get hired, just try to relax. In answer to your question about anticipating the surgeons' needs, that is called experience. You are about to get some! It is a process and it may be a year, or even more, before you feel comfortable as a surg tech. Don't worry about it. Just keep showing up. Try to read about the procedures you will be doing. Try not to take things personally if a doctor, nurse, etc treats you badly. You are educated, and you have EARNED the right to get in there and learn. It is worth it, and you will be fine! Enjoy your new career. It is truly special.
Let me know how things are after you start.

56 months ago

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I worked 3 and a half years at my first job(right out of school) and after moving, less than a year at my last job before being terminated. Both were in main OR's. This new position is at a surgi center, so I'm trying to be positive!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shellyg54 in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Stay up.

IM A AF SCRUB TEK in North Charleston, South Carolina

56 months ago

the comments that I have read on this page made me SO GLAD that I trained thru the Air Force to become a scrub tech...i've been in the field for over 8 years and let me tell you it was bittersweet...I have been hired 2 weeks after leaving active duty and i'm sure it was because of my experience...I love bein a tech but doing this job can be stressful esp. with the small amount of pay, long hours, crazy doctors and lets not start talking about the patients...I recently went back to school and will so have my degree in health admin..i plan on leaving SC and will probably work in a med center as a manager of some sort. I love patient care and all, but i rather get more money for less the work...

Kim in Greenville, North Carolina

56 months ago

Denise in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Angie: I'm in Raleigh, and just considering going back to school to be a surgical tech. I do see ads for surgical techs. Often they do say they need experience, but not always. Check Craig's List for jobs. Have you applied at doctor's offices? Many podatrists do surgery in their offices. Don't forget plastic surgeons and general surgeons, even oral surgeons.

Where did you go to school? I've been talking to Miller-Motte, and naturally they say their grads usually have jobs lined up before they graduate.

Angie that not true I went to miller motte in cary and I still have no job as a surgical tech please investigate before attending this school -Kim

bburkeyy in Metairie, Louisiana

55 months ago

ConcordeTech in Jacksonville, Florida said: WOW, if you feel that way go try and get into a different career.

PLEASE don't act like you actually like this job. there is not ONE positive thing about it and you know it, quit lying to yourself. you must have no life if you actually LIKE this, loser

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ShellyG in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

bburkeyy in Metairie, Louisiana said: PLEASE don't act like you actually like this job. there is not ONE positive thing about it and you know it, quit lying to yourself. you must have no life if you actually LIKE this, loser

Do you really think nobody wants to be a Surg Tech? I chose this profession; I have a 4 year degree, and I left a job to go to school to do this. I really enjoy my job. Yes, I wish it paid more, and I am going to school for hospital administration -- but for now, this job is pretty cool! As for positive things about being a surgical technologist, there are many. 1. The work is interesting. 2. The hours are good, and where I am I can give away my call if I don't want it. 3. I don't have to buy 'work' clothes or worry about what I look like at work. 4. I have good benefits, including vacation and sick days, decent health insurance, and tuition reimbursement. 5. I get lots of free meals. 6. The OR is like a family; we have lots of fun as we work together. 7. Some days you don't have so many cases, but you still get paid. 8. Some days you get to help the doctors in ways they appreciate, and they thank you! 9. You get to learn new things often...and 10. YOU GET TO HELP WITH SURGERY!!! You can't get any closer without going to med school. Yeah, some hospitals have FA's and residents, etc., but some don't. Then you are truly a partner with the surgeon. For me, this is very cool stuff !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

shelly in knoxville in Knoxville, Tennessee

54 months ago

I will be moving to raleigh. any comments on schools in the area? how do you feel about tech schools for st training versus a taking coursework at a community college?

thanks.
shelly in knoxville

54 months ago

Hi Shelly,
I prefer community colleges because they are usually much cheaper.
This profession doesn't pay a lot, so I don't think anyone should
go into deep debt for it.
Good Luck

54 months ago

Thanks so much for the info and the encouragement.

Just wondering though- - - - - -in your opinion, how is it viewed, completing the ST course from a tech institution? is it frowned upon?

how long have you been a ST?

take care.
shelly

54 months ago

Just happened to read your response, it was very encouraging, thank you!!!!

Have you been a ST very long?
Take care.
S

54 months ago

Shellyg54 in Chicago, Illinois said: I can relate! The thing about interviews is you have to keep in mind that you are interviewing them too! Relax, and don't see it as a life and death kinda thing. If you are a good employee (and I know you are) THEY would be lucky to have you. I mean that. You don't have to be cocky, but have the mindset that they have no reason not to hire you...You are the best person for the job. If you start to think that way, the confidence will come across. An interview is really a game. I could make up ten reasons, but I would be laughing at about # 5, because they know and you know that is a bullxxxx question, so have some fun with it. And you could end with I need a job!!! :-) Don't sweat an interview. Have fun with it. People want to work with people who know how to smile.

Dear Shelly,
I read your input to this person. Thanks so much. You give us a whole lot of courage, us folks who are new and just seeking out the field. Also read you are going into nursing school, that is so wonderful and everyone knows how hard the profession, to be a good nurse. Again, thanks so much for your encouragement to all of us.
S

54 months ago

You are so welcome.

54 months ago

shelly in knoxville in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Thanks so much for the info and the encouragement.

Just wondering though- - - - - -in your opinion, how is it viewed, completing the ST course from a tech institution? is it frowned upon?

how long have you been a ST?

take care.
shelly

Shelly, I don't really know the answer to that question, and I don't want to be unfair to tech schools. If I were you, I would call area hospitals, and ask to speak to the manager of the OR, and ask them that question. Ask them who they hire, what schools they hire from, and what they would suggest you do to become a surg tech. After the call, send them a thank you card for their time. It may be a foot in the door for you later. It's all about relationships!

I graduated in July of 2007...been working since Sept of 2007.

shelly in Knoxville, Tennessee

54 months ago

Shelly,
Sorry, I answered my own question on how you liked ST. I just saw your response to another person on it. Gosh,I am really glad you like your new position/career, a blessing. Good hours, people to work with, vacation/sick benefits, etc.. I also read you already have a 4-year degree as well but going to school for hospital admin and then going back for a nursing degree- incredible. Hat is off to you.

Thanks for your advice and honesty to many like myself.

Take care for now.
Shelly

shelly in Knoxville, Tennessee

54 months ago

bburkeyy in Metairie, Louisiana said: PLEASE don't act like you actually like this job. there is not ONE positive thing about it and you know it, quit lying to yourself. you must have no life if you actually LIKE this, loser

Hey, what is your problem? I feel badly for you, you sound trapped and if you are, I do feel for you. I hope you can get excited for soemthing you truly enjoy and use your talents for it, therefore I hope this field will lead into something better for you. Truly, I mean it. You are meant for something better, keep searching.

I meant this to be an encouragement, that's all.
S

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina

54 months ago

Evelyn in Greensboro, North Carolina said: maria don't get depressed, it took me four months before i got a job. look up jobs for surgical tech in your state. once you get an interview just let them know they can train you the way they want their surgical techs to perform. keep your head up something will come along

Hi Evelyn,

I am a student in a surg tech program at GTCC in Greensboro and I was wondering if you could answer some quesiions for me if you don't mind? How much did you start out making? Where did you go to school and did you get certified right away? How do like it now that you have been doing it for a while. Sorry for the bombardment but I am very curious. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

54 months ago

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina said: Hi Evelyn,

I am a student in a surg tech program at GTCC in Greensboro and I was wondering if you could answer some quesiions for me if you don't mind? How much did you start out making? Where did you go to school and did you get certified right away? How do like it now that you have been doing it for a while. Sorry for the bombardment but I am very curious. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

One more thing...do you feel that your school prepared you for the CST Exam? Thanks again.

CST1228 in Jackson, New Jersey

54 months ago

1)It doesn't matter how old or far out of school you have been.Personally, I am the youngest in my entire class. (19 y.o.)
2)Most of the adults in my class where already established in life with either marriage or children, and saw me as the "baby" of the class; in reality, I considered my maturity level over exceeding the class and their actions.
Look at what the job entails; your going to be arm and arm with the elite in the medical field.
YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST find a way to network. GO to your state assemblies, when you know there are conferences for your area, GO!Show your interest and desire to be in the field. ONE of the most important relationships you can establish is the one with your program director.
People know when you are confident in yourself. People know when you are fearful.
People will know when you have the natural passion and desire for something.
IN order to be molded you have to be shapeless.

LET ME TELL YOU a real life situation:
During the course of this Program i have been in for 7 months, i have caught a LOT of heat from people; personality clashes,[ or class is predominately women], and I have a 4.0. Throughout everything, I have kept an even keel, been respectful, never have talked back to people, and tried and continue to stay away from negativity.
When I have practiced our clinical skills, the common role has been surgeon rather than ST.
I have persevered through the heat.
I am now just elected the didactic Representative for the advisory board for our school: I will be networking with OR managers, nurse educators and surgeons.
My Program director saw my character and elected me to be in on a VERY important meeting.
Who you are and what you want will always reveal itself to the people who are important.

CST1228 in Jackson, New Jersey

54 months ago

And now I have been told I am being placed in one of the best hospitals in NJ.
GET CERTIFIED!
GO to caahep.org and check out the schools that are actually ACCREDITED!
I am using this opportunity as a ST to move onto medical school to be a surgeon. My brother is going for anesthesiology .What we both have come to realize is, if you want something, you must find any way possible to get it [with integrity]. we are average joes being trained in ST to be at the bedside of a life defining moment to a patient. Think really about what your getting into. AND someone previously mentioned that really the next step close to this is medical school and they are right. There are students who waited 5,6,7 years to even come face to face with a live patient and here i am only trained for 7 months and im passing the scapel.
Follow your dreams with sincerity and they DO really come true.
GOD bless <3

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LIZ M, in Atlantic City, New Jersey

54 months ago

It hasn't gotten any better... I graduated back in Dicember as an ST.. certifie, top of the class, and made the NHS (National Honor Society of the Association of Surgical Technologists!) And still no job!!!!It's so frustrating it's been a year.. this sucks so bad.

53 months ago

LIZ M, in Atlantic City, New Jersey said: It hasn't gotten any better... I graduated back in Dicember as an ST.. certifie, top of the class, and made the NHS (National Honor Society of the Association of Surgical Technologists!) And still no job!!!!It's so frustrating it's been a year.. this sucks so bad.

I'm sorry this is happening. I wish I could help. Would you mind if I coach you on this? Let me know.

Shelly

53 months ago

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina said: Hi Evelyn,

sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. i started at the bottom of the pay. i went to GTCC and no, i'm not certified yet. i like it some days better than others but, that's with any job :-). feel free to ask any other questions.

53 months ago

Oh, no problem. I'm surprised to hear that you started out on the lower end of the pay scale though...that is not what I wanted to hear. Where did you work? You said that you were not certified yet...do you feel that the program prepared you for it? Last thing and I don't mean to pry, I have been trying to find out what I'll start out making and you would be the perfect person to ask considering that you went through the same program as I did. When you say the lower end, I'm not really sure what that is. Can you tell me the dollar amount that the average tech in the area starts out making? If you have any other advice or pointers about the GTCC program, I would love to hear it. A world of thanks to you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Justin

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.