Comments (151 to 200 of 205)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

BRINA in Georgia

62 months ago

can someone please e-mail me a sample surgical tech resume

davis939@aol.com

latrice mcrae in Lumberton, North Carolina

61 months ago

bob in Stony Brook, New York said: Do these schools ever really fail anyone? I have heard that everyone greduates as long as your paid up. Im not trying to start a fight but be honest, a lot of your have heard this too. havent you?

Where is this school, im catching hell getting into a surgical tech program at my local community colleg.
I resently took a standarized test to try to get into this program but didnt do so great. This is after im finished with a year of developmental courses please help!!!!

nate in Pikesville, Maryland

61 months ago

im a surgical tech student and to be honest getting a job does not seem too hard. granted i am in a 2 year program so it looks better and my teachers are in the nursing consortium and heads of the state for AST.... but still... its all about hard work and networking... i have a 3.5 GPA and work hard to keep it that way....

failing is a possibility, but it is true that the program directors dont want you to fail. for example some people in the class dont even try and cheat and only scrape a C but trust me... in clinicals is where they will look like an ass clown...

the pay amount for the program is high but this is a great way into the field... and if youre paying for this idk what you're thinking fafsa is offering free schooling to all students thanks to obama... so you all need to check yourselfs before you sign anything or shell out any cash, its always easy to pay but make it a mission not to....

im going to school for free, getting into Sinai for clinicals and i know im going to have a job paying me 35k at start and 50k after around 2 years by which time i will be applying for a PA program anyways...

also i know people cry about not getting a job... but a job is not going to come to you , you need to go and find places that want you: like ATL, Arizona, and maryland (where i am) have plenty of jobs especially in healthcare
whatever you do.....STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM CALIFORNIA!

61 months ago

bob in Stony Brook, New York said: Do these schools ever really fail anyone? I have heard that everyone greduates as long as your paid up. Im not trying to start a fight but be honest, a lot of your have heard this too. havent you?

Where is this school, im catching hell getting into a surgical tech program at my local community colleg.
I resently took a standarized test to try to get into this program but di dnt do so great. This is after im finished with a year of developmental courses please help!!!!

nate in Pikesville, Maryland

61 months ago

im in baltimore city MD

61 months ago

I resently took a standarized test to try to get into this program but didnt do so great. This is after im finished with a year of developmental courses please help!!!!

Evelyn in Greensboro, North Carolina

61 months ago

latrice mcrae in Lumberton, North Carolina said: Where is this school, im catching hell getting into a surgical tech program at my local community colleg.
I resently took a standarized test to try to get into this program but di dnt do so great. This is after im finished with a year of developmental courses please help!!!!

i am moving up there in a few months as long as i can get a job first. what have u heard about working for ummc? any help is appreciated. thanks

61 months ago

i never heard of ummc. but good luck in the move, i hope its worth it.

61 months ago

nate in Pikesville, Maryland said: im a surgical tech student and to be honest getting a job does not seem too hard. granted i am in a 2 year program so it looks better and my teachers are in the nursing consortium and heads of the state for AST.... but still... its all about hard work and networking... i have a 3.5 GPA and work hard to keep it that way....

failing is a possibility, but it is true that the program directors dont want you to fail. for example some people in the class dont even try and cheat and only scrape a C but trust me... in clinicals is where they will look like an ass clown...

the pay amount for the program is high but this is a great way into the field... and if youre paying for this idk what you're thinking fafsa is offering free schooling to all students thanks to obama... so you all need to check yourselfs before you sign anything or shell out any cash, its always easy to pay but make it a mission not to....

im going to school for free, getting into Sinai for clinicals and i know im going to have a job paying me 35k at start and 50k after around 2 years by which time i will be applying for a PA program anyways...

also i know people cry about not getting a job... but a job is not going to come to you , you need to go and find places that want you: like ATL, Arizona, and maryland (where i am) have plenty of jobs especially in healthcare
whatever you do.....STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM CALIFORNIA!

i am moving up there in a few months as long as i can get a job first. what have u heard about working for ummc? any help is appreciated. thanks

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina

61 months ago

Hey Evelyn,

Do you happen to go to GTCC? I was just accepted into the next years program and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?

Thanks,

Justin

61 months ago

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina said: Hey Evelyn,

Do you happen to go to GTCC? I was just accepted into the next years program and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?

Thanks,

Justin

yes, i went there and ask away.

61 months ago

Well, I guess I would like to know your overall opinion of the program and how your employment prospects look? How was your clinical experience, was it intense? Also, did you guys have to do a lot of presentations-I hate public speaking so I'm curious. And if you have any advice that you would like to add; I'm all ears.

Thanks a lot,

Justin

61 months ago

221Im not in the programe yet trying to find 1

misse220@hotmail.com in Greensboro, North Carolina

61 months ago

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina said: Well, I guess I would like to know your overall opinion of the program and how your employment prospects look? How was your clinical experience, was it intense? Also, did you guys have to do a lot of presentations-I hate public speaking so I'm curious. And if you have any advice that you would like to add; I'm all ears.

Thanks a lot,

Justin

The program is great, they make sure you get what you need to be employable. No you don't have to do public speaking, so don't worry. Make the best of what learn and listen to what you are taught.

quezadaj in Salinas, California

61 months ago

hmm..I want to become a Surgical Tech..but I do not know where there is a program? I live in Salinas CA.If someone knows where I can do a Surgical Tech Program please let me know :) Thanks!

Jeanette Quezada in Salinas, California

61 months ago

hmm..I want to become a Surgical Tech..but I do not know where there is a program? I live in Salinas CA.If someone knows where I can do a Surgical Tech Program please let me know :) Thanks!

61 months ago

Thanks, misse.

Justin Spear in Charlotte, North Carolina

61 months ago

Hey, I forgot to ask you-did you know of anyone that got a part-time position in sterile processing at their clinical site. I've heard that Tony will put in a good word for students who are looking to work during the program.

Thanks,

Justin

icky in Olivehurst, California

60 months ago

for my point of view, i have a collage we both grad at the same time and she was prettier, she got hire on the job... And i didn't, so i ask the manger OR and he said, i didn't talk much...And we both we're a A's hon roll..i don't get it!!!

59 months ago

Justin Spear in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey, I forgot to ask you-did you know of anyone that got a part-time position in sterile processing at their clinical site. I've heard that Tony will put in a good word for students who are looking to work during the program.

Thanks,

Justin

as long as you are a good student who shows up to class be involved

NICK in Fort Worth, Texas

57 months ago

KAT in Arlington, Texas said: My husband is nearing graduation of his surgical tech program. His original class graduated in December and everyone he knows has jobs and are working in the field. The hospital he is going to for clinicals told instructors they are looking to hire and they previously hired graduates from the last class. We are hoping and praying that he will have a job offer upon graduation. He says Texas recently passed legislation to require mandatory certification which will help. Our economy seems to be doing alright here and I don't think there is an over flooding of surgical techs in our area. Unfortunately some areas in the country, California especially are not doing well. I work with an inexperienced RN who just moved from CA because she was not able to get a job there, so it's no just STs that are unemployed.

Hey Kat I was wondering if it was possible to find out the name of your husbands school. Ive already completed a Surgical Tech program. I was on my third month of externship when I found out the school wasnt accredited! This career is something I have passion for. So if possible I would really like to discuss some things with your husband. Thanks

NICK in Fort Worth, Texas

57 months ago

Hey CST's, can anyone refer to a good accrediated school? Would prefer to get a associates in the process. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Also I live in the Ft. Worth/ Dallas area.

TRICIA D in Scranton, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE WANT TO BE ST. IT IS, FINE BUT I THINK THAT EVERYONE DOESN'T KNOW THIS IS THAT YOU WANT TO JUST GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.YOU DONT NECESSARY HAVE TO BE IN THE O.R. YOU CAN WORK IN THE ENDOSCOPY DEPT,LABOR DELIVERY,CENTRAL SUPPLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WANT RIGHT NOW IS TO GET A JOB AND YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.SO EVERYONE GET WITH IT. IAM CURRENTLY LIVING IN NY,NY.SOMETIMES IT MATTERS WHERE YOU LIVE TO SEE SOME RESULTS.GOD LUCK!

Sparkle39 in Goose Creek, South Carolina

56 months ago

bob in Stony Brook, New York said: If your new and being interviewed remember to remind them that as a new grad you wont need to be untaught any bad habits and you will be learning their method of set ups and policys etc... and of course your willing to work cheaper than the experienced tech with all the bad habits.

This was a good answer to the original question of this forum. I am glad I read it because I will be interviewing for positions in a bit. I never thought of the responses that you supplied and I intend to use them.

Sparkle39 in Goose Creek, South Carolina

56 months ago

TRICIA D in Scranton, Pennsylvania said: SOME OF YOU PEOPLE WANT TO BE ST. IT IS, FINE BUT I THINK THAT EVERYONE DOESN'T KNOW THIS IS THAT YOU WANT TO JUST GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.YOU DONT NECESSARY HAVE TO BE IN THE O.R. YOU CAN WORK IN THE ENDOSCOPY DEPT,LABOR DELIVERY,CENTRAL SUPPLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WANT RIGHT NOW IS TO GET A JOB AND YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR.SO EVERYONE GET WITH IT. IAM CURRENTLY LIVING IN NY,NY.SOMETIMES IT MATTERS WHERE YOU LIVE TO SEE SOME RESULTS.GOD LUCK!

I agree. Getting your foot in the door is the trick. I have applied for everything from Surg Tech, Central Supply and Labor Delivery...I even applied to some Supervisor and Management postitions outside of the OR.

Topher

56 months ago

Christ people. It's not about anything other than supply and demand. I've been a CST for 17 years. 11 of that as a traveler. I've seen every kind of program that can be run from coast to coast. All I can say is: if you live in a rural community, with no more than 3 hospitals within 45 minutes drive, and there's a surg-tech school in the area pumping out 15 students a year... you are not going to get a job as a surg tech without moving. Even if you do manage to be one of the lucky ones who does get a job in your area right out of school....it will be because you are well-networked (that's spelled good-ole-boys club). And, because of the supply and demand thing...don't expect to make what you're worth. In a small town, there are 50 people competing for your "dream job"... guess how much that makes it worth. I'll give you an example...look at the RNs. In the early 80's, they didn't make squat. But, in the 90's, nursing schools closed down all over the country and voi'la...a few years later... nurses are at a premium. It'll be the same for us. I think, the best immediate solution for the problem is to hold the schools individually accountable for the ST students' employment by having them co-sign for the student loans. If the student isn't employed in the area as a Surgical Technologist within 2 years, the school should be responsible for repaying the loan...not the student. Then, you might see a more people retained in the profession long term...or, at least, longer. The average career-span of an ST is 5 years. At that point, they "become" something else, nurse usually. And, because the OR is such a volatile place, the nurses usually don't stay in the OR by choice. I'll go for now. I probably won't be back. I just happened upon this unending complaint session about my job and figured you needed my 2 cents worth. All I can say is: it's not about the quality, money, location, networking, or attitude...it's supply and demand.

fosters in North Olmsted, Ohio

56 months ago

Rick in Lansing, Michigan said: Being paid up won't get them certified. You may be able to buy your way out of school with a diploma but you still have to pass the cert test.

Lol. Half my class failed the cst 2 weeks after graduating. I passed. The irony is, some of them have jobs and I don't. Go figure. Glad I wasted my money on it.

Kin in Beaverton, Oregon

56 months ago

I'm currently looking into concorde in Oregon. Looking at everyones post it makes me nervous to find a job after school. Luckily this program is accreditted. I guess im just scared of making the wrong decision. It is all about supply and demand but if any of you oregonians are here, i would love some feed back about the job market. i would love to become a nurse however it is super competitive to get into nursing programs on the west coast, well everywhere,

56 months ago

Every market is diff. If nursing is what you really want to do I suggest getting on the waiting list for a nursing school and use the down time to get rid of your prereqs. I think it would be worth the wait if nursing is something you really want to do.

Mr_Betadine in Burbank, California

54 months ago

So here is my situation.... I haven't worked for about 5 years, my last job was at a level 2 trauma center. Previous to this job I worked at many different places, main OR and same-day surg. I have about 7 years combined experience and was Navy trained. My CST expired in 2006. I have a BS and recently had to drop out of grad school and now I need to go back to work... the thing is I haven't been in an OR in 5 yrs and I lost all my good connections... I am renewing my certification and I am wondering how my job prospects are or if anyone has any input, or advice from people who may have been in this kind of situation...

Jennifer CST in Southfield, Michigan

50 months ago

OH no!! this forum is so depressing :( I just graduated last dec. 2010 immediately became certified on january 2011!!!!! It is true that Hospital requires 1 or 2 yrs of experienced!! how would get that an experience if they don't want to give? I have a Job interview @ UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN next week.. I'm really hoping id get it.... im tired of waiting... If I dont get this job I will consider going back to school for LPN or NUrsing!!

Fosters in Westlake, Ohio

50 months ago

Hang in there. I graduated in May 2010 and CST June 2010 and it took me til Oct 2010 to land a job doing this. Everyone was looking for exp, but eventually I found a nursing manager that liked my attitude over the lack of exp. Stay positive during your interview. What worked for me was that I brought my record of procedures of the cases I did during clinicals, with the ability to show what I have done and a positive attitude it paid off.

NoDressRehearsal! in Detroit, Michigan

49 months ago

Shellyg in Chicago, Illinois said: Don't wait until you see a job posted. If you want a job in a surgery center, get the yellow pages, or go to the state web site and get a list of all the surgery centers. Make a great resume, and a log of all the cases you scrubbed on. (If you are a student, and you are not doing this, START NOw!!). Call and/or go to the surgery center and ask who does the hiring. Just be friendly and optimistic. Know that someone is going to say yes! Come on people, if you can get through the program, you can get a job. It's a great field, once you get used to it, the work is not so hard, the pay is good, and you get to learn something almost every day. Go for it.
Be careful about sterile processing, unless that is what you want.
Ask how many people have been transferred into surgery from the ST department at that hospital. If they say none, expect to spend a long time in Sterile Processing.
Good luck everyone.

Your comment was very positive and inspiring! Im entering in the SP program this summer at a college in Michigan in hopes to enter there CST right after.

Jennifer CST in Huntington Woods, Michigan

49 months ago

I just posted something on here a month ago regarding my job interview...I got the JOB... I've been working as a CST now for over a week... the manager hired me because of my personality she likes the fact that I just graduated from college because she said she can train me on how they do things in the OR versus of hiring someone that already had experience but already have their own way of doing things... after I accepted the job I received 3 phone calls wanted to set up an interview and up until now im still receiving calls from different hospitals.. Its does take awhile to get a job but you have to be patience... and don't just rely job posting online... get you butt on the phone call all the surgery centers and plastic surgery office and fax a really good resume... they wont know that your looking for a job unless you call.... took me a good 3 months to find a job but its all worth it.. If you going on a interview even though you dont have the experience show them you want to be there, be positive and always smile... having a good personality is plus... my manager told me she hired me because of my charm!! so just be your self....

janet in Middle River, Maryland

47 months ago

ConcordeTech in Jacksonville, Florida said: Here is the TRUTH

SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY is NOT for everyone!!!! It takes a special someone. You must be able to adapt, have tough skin, and not get grossed out by sights & smells.

I LOVE ALL Aspects of Surgical Technology. The pay is there & the jobs are there as well! However getting a GOOD job doesnt happen overnight. YOU have to be proactive.

I am sure plenty of people on here have horror stories, but I KNOW there are plenty of CST's that love there career. Being certified makes a difference.

For those of you who get on here to discourage people from the career are in the wrong field. Within 6 months you will know if this career is for you or not. IF IT's NOT FOR YOU THAT DOES NOT MEAN ITS NOT FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

If you guys are that upset over a "Lack of respect" GET INVOLVED. First get certified, then get involved with your state assemblies! Complaining on a forum does nothing for our career! Zip, ziltch, nada!! HOWEVER to gain respect, and notoriety we ALL must be proactive.

that is so true. Im taking surg tech right now and im loving every minute of it. it takes a special someone to be in that field. if its not for you its not for you but dont come on here and discourage others who wants to do it.

hunts8992

45 months ago

I just graduate july 16 from fayetteville tech community and i am cst. Been out of school now for a Month and only had one interview. We had 10 students in my class and only two have report that they have been hired for a job. I have submit a lot of resumes and cover letters but know one is calling so what do i do.

Shatasha Hunt in Maxton, North Carolina

45 months ago

I just graduate from school and i am a cst i have sumbit resumes and covers out there but know one is calling me for a job. I had a interview one week ago but i did not get the job. we had 10 students in my class and only 2 have been accept for a job. what going on.

ORScrub2006 in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

Angie in North Carolina said: help me please....I graduated from Surg Tech school in June 2006. It has been a year now and I still can not find a job as a Surgical Technologist...I do not know what I am doing wrong...I am in the Charlotte NC area and I have had at 4 or 5 interviews. I am consistently appyling for new Surg Tech openings everyday. I got a call Friday for another interview. I seriously need to score this interview and I get so nervous at interviews. What are some typical Surg Tech Interview questions...I really need to get this one...Please help me.

Well here it is 2011. I have still not landed a Surg Tech job. I applied and applied and interviewed and interviewed. I received a call about a month ago regarding a position available. It was for a oral surgeon whom I used to baby sit for when I was in high school. I contacted his wife, whom at the time was his office manager and told her about my education and she requested I fax my resume to her and when they had an opening they would contact me. Well over a year later they had an opening come up, so since it had been so long and since I had history with the family...I thought maybe...just maybe I would go through the process and get the job with no problems...well I thought wrong...they in turn gave the job to an RN because she had prior oral surgery experience and my cousin whom is a RN that used to work for the practice told me that he always likes to have an RN around. They got the opening b/c the surg tech they had decided to go to Nursing School.

45 months ago

ORScrub2006 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Well here it is 2011. I have still not landed a Surg Tech job. I applied and applied and interviewed and interviewed...QUOTE]

I suppose they thought if they hired another Surg Tech he/she would eventually want to pursue Nursing School too...Well thats not necessarily true...I love the OR and surgery...If I landed the right job as Surg Tech, I wouldn't want to step into school again...

BUT...This has since pushed me to really consider going back to school and getting my RN, but then when I went to have my wisdom teeth removed I was talking to my Nurse about it and she said that her neighbor, a RN was having the same problem...so this really put the brakes on me....I don't want to waste time and money going to school and getting certifications when I can't use them. I want to get my CST and I plan on doing so...I have also continued to apply and apply and interview and interview...I have no idea what else to do...I am scared that if I do get my CST that I will still be in the same situation...just only $300 short from where I was before....

Ok so now I think I may have a chance...after getting my CNA I talked to my instructor and told her what was going on and she encouraged me not to give up and that I should focus more on the surgeon him/herself...the only problem with that in my area is that a lot...if not all but about 20% of medical offices/surgery centers are now managed corporately by the hospitals so you go through the same HR dept, but have a different dept. manager to interview with...

Well I took her advice and I e-mailed...faxed...continued to reply to openings...and on the day that I was home from work with my 2 yr. old being sick I saw a job posting for a Surg Tech Cert...several for CST...well I didnt let that discourage me...I decided to apply anyways.

45 months ago

ORScrub2006 in Charlotte, North Carolina said:

Well in my cover letter, I discussed not having any bad habits since I'm not very experienced and my intentions on becoming certified. So that afternoon or the following day I received a call regarding the position and was granted an interview...a working interview...YAY maybe instead of going through the normal motions of an interview and the HR not really seeing me shine to my fullest capabilities...I'm thinking FINALLY here is my chance...

So now the more and more I think about it, the more and more I am nervous...I know I know my skills...so now I need some reassurance and little help easing my nerves...my interview is coming up next week and I just want to make sure that I am thoroughly prepared...I know that I need to be able to anticipate...

So how should I anticipate his next move...also please provide me with any tips suggestions etc...I am all ears...The good Lord knows I need this job and it'd be a dream come true to finally get to use my ST...Thanks in advance and I will definitely let you know how it goes...

rose in Redlands, California

45 months ago

ive been a scrub tech working for a little over 4 months now in rancho mirage california. if you like to watch surgeries its for you. if youre not tough and dont do well or adapt well to being yelled at or angry people ( not always the case) then its not for you. there is a patient in the room being operated on, if something goes wrong of course its going to be tense and yes Sh** rolls downhill but its all part of the job not just for us but for anyone working in the operating room. yes most RNs are bitter mean old ladies but hey if you cant handle it dont do it....

anyways it took me a year to get this job and 4 interviews... im per-diem and it sucks but im sticking with it for experience. i currently have and interview for a full time in a hospital. it takes time. and i think my problem was that i didnt answer my questions correctly i blanked out after everyone. be calm write down youre answers before the interview.

cjohnson2327 in New Orleans, Louisiana

44 months ago

Steve in Westminster, Colorado said: Hi angie how are you? I am here in denver CO and I am gong through the surg tech school right now. Would it be okay to call you sometime and ask you some questins for this report I have to do for school. I am at the deadline so please respond. I would greatly appreciate it.
Steve
E-mail delsteve19@yahoo.com

HI my name is tyist and i ned to interview someone in the surgical tech feild if you are you know can help me i would appreciate it.my email is cjohnson2327@yahoo.com

staken02 in Watertown, Massachusetts

43 months ago

Well I have been out of Surg Tech school since Dec 22,2010 and still no job. I live in mass, and there are many places I could be hired, and that I have applied too. Only 4 people out of my class have jobs, and there were 20 people in my class. I got nothing but blown smoke from my teacher, telling me one thing and not doing anything. I don't think I will ever understand that. Don't beleive everything your told. I do have an interview next week, and I am hoping I get this. I really need this :)

Christine in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

cjohnson2327 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: HI my name is tyist and i ned to interview someone in the surgical tech feild if you are you know can help me i would appreciate it.my email is cjohnson2327@yahoo.com

If you need to ask questions, you can email me @ CLS91009@gmail.com.I am a surgical tech with 8+ years of experience. (mostly ORTHO/Gen)

Christine in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

Most companies are not interested in recent surgical tech grads. There are a lot of surgery centers, hernia centers, kidney stone centers and plastics offices that have their own staff on board. Unless you know these fields in-depth, or know someone in HR or on staff, they may be reluctant to hire new techs. I suggest looking at major medical centers or hospitals that have more time/staff to train new personnel. Believe it or not, a hospital usually has a slower pace than a surgical center or plastics office, so they can afford to train newer techs more in depth. Second, you can search for traveling technician jobs. I can say with confidence that most people hiring right now want experienced scrub techs... that's just the way it is. It's a shame that your instructors did not tell you this while going through training.

menewme in Agawam, Massachusetts

40 months ago

I am looking to enter a course for surgical technology that is accredited CAAHEP. Most likely I will not find a job,however I am really interested in this hands on field and can not afford to become a doctor and would rather not do paper work.My question is, "are RN's doing surgical tech work and that is why there are issues with hire for people with certifications only?I am also interested in becoming a certified surgical first assist.Are RN's and physician assistance doing this work and the surg.tech and surg.asst.becoming obsolete?I am also interested with a more detailed description of being "THICK SKINNED". Is this in reference to the surgery procedure or the lack of emotional control on the part of the physician and nurse when things go chaotic. If it has to do with the latter is this a frequent occurrence.what kind of situations cause the doctor and nurse to go out of control on you.

40 months ago

It depends on the market your in and how easy it will be to find a job. Bigger city markets tend to use physician assistants during surgery and smaller hospitals use surgical assistants. In regards to registered nurses doing our job, yes there are a few who can do it but the CST is a very important position in the operating room. Right now I do everything a nurse does except chart and drugs and for some reason for less money. I, and others, believe in the next 20 years nurses will be competing with us in the OR for jobs. Associate degree techs have the same prereqs as the registered nurses do, at least at my school they do. Go for the CST if you want to be more hands on and then progress to a physician assistant position. If money is the only factor right away and you don't mind looking at a computer screen for hours go for the rn degree.

hitchcocklaquita in Abilene, Kansas

39 months ago

hi my name is laquita and i am currently attending manhattan tech to be a surgical tech.I have an assignment to interview two surgical techs and was wondering if there's anyone who could answer a few questions for me? I would greatly appreciate it!!

1)why did you decide to become a surgical tech?
2)how would you describe what you do?
3)if there's one thing you could change about your job what is it?
4)what is the easiest part of your job?
5)whats the hardest part of your job?
6)is the position everything you expected it to be? (salary,insurance,and,benefits etc...)?
7)was it hard for you to find a job after you graduated?
8)where are you from?can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

Nancypants in Saint Louis, Missouri

37 months ago

Betsy in Denver, Colorado said: I have been a surgical Tech for 7 years now. If I had it to do over again I would have chosen nursing. There are so many surgical tech schools and they are spitting them out like crazy, the only thing that helps me is my experience. The one thing I can say to help someone get a job out of school, is start working in a hospital, whatever you can go in as is helpful, then once you graduate most hospitals hire from within and you can just go right into the O.R. if you can get in central sterile (thats what I did) that would be perfect. You can learn your instruments that way. I was hired in the O.R 2 weeks after I graduated...
Good luck

I started off with nursing and it was way too broad spectrum. I wanted to specialize in one area. I am getting ready to start the surgical tech program in May. Any insite? Thanks

MINNIEWOO

37 months ago

I applied to Radiography & Surgical Tech at the local community college. I am on the alternate list for Radiography and was accepted into Surgical Tech this fall, but the college doesn't participate in Stafford Loans. My husband & I make too much money for me to qualify for financial aid & I don't have the best credit for a regular student loan (I was turned down my Sallie Mae). My only alternative is taking Surgical Tech at Miller Motte since they accept Stafford Loans. Any ideas of where I can get a student loan to actually go to the community college? Not sure of what to do....Any help is appreciated!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.