Surgical Tech Interview Prep....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 205 of 205)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

ShesAQTEE in Lutz, Florida

32 months ago

Evita in Valrico, Florida said: I graduated from Southwest Florida College as a Surg. Tech and I have yet to find a job. All places require a year of experience MINIMUM! i cant get certified yet because I do not have my required amount of cases. It's a catch 22. I have even offered to work for free so I can get experience and NOTHING!! If I could do it over again I would go to school for nursing, they get paid more, they are always in demand and most get hired straight out of school!!!If anyone has any leads in florida on surg tech jobs please let me know!!

! I was an OR tech for 6 yrs became a nurse left the OR I tried many things and finally realized I was my happiest as a surgical tech I just LIked IT now I am recertified as a surgical tech/LPN and am looking for a job and even with my expieriance I am finding it hard I just want to find a home a place where we have a good team and work well with each other work hard and also have a good time while we are doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lawanda cst in Brandon, Mississippi

31 months ago

Yes. Like any class you can fail. I have seen pol fail. As for everyone downing being a surgical tech. It takes a special dedicated type of person to do what we do.in the or nurses. Are more of a paper pusher than anything. A surgical tech is the right hand man of the surgeon. It deeply offends me that. Someone that is suppose to love their job and be dedicated to helping others could really take such a negative view of their career. Obviously those ppl. Need to find a different career. Shame on y'all! !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shellyg in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

31 months ago

MINNIEWOO said: I applied to Radiography & Surgical Tech at the local community college . I am on the alternate list for Radiography and was accepted into Surgical Tech this fall, but the college doesn't participate in Stafford Loans. My husband & I make too much money for me to qualify for financial aid & I don't have the best credit for a regular student loan (I was turned down my Sallie Mae). My only alternative is taking Surgical Tech at Miller Motte since they accept Stafford Loans. Any ideas of where I can get a student loan to actually go to the community college? Not sure of what to do....Any help is appreciated!

Many community colleges have payment plans that let you pay monthly.
Ask. If not, why not save up the money? In my opinion, starting
salaries for surgical techs is not enough to take out large student loans.
If you are paying more than $10,000.00 total for a program, you may want
to rethink this. I'm just saying...

Migs in Charlotte, North Carolina

30 months ago

MINNIEWOO said: I applied to Radiography & Surgical Tech at the local community college . I am on the alternate list for Radiography and was accepted into Surgical Tech this fall, but the college doesn't participate in Stafford Loans. My husband & I make too much money for me to qualify for financial aid & I don't have the best credit for a regular student loan (I was turned down my Sallie Mae). My only alternative is taking Surgical Tech at Miller Motte since they accept Stafford Loans. Any ideas of where I can get a student loan to actually go to the community college? Not sure of what to do....Any help is appreciated!

Just found this site so if the information is too late sorry. However, you might want to look at www.ast.org/educators/scholarships.aspx and contact the surgical technology director of the program you are looking into. AST offers scholarships for different reasons. i.e dire need, honor student, teacher recommendation, etc.

10acgirl in Macon, Georgia

23 months ago

Shellyg54 in Chicago, Illinois said: Honestly, yes, I would say the exam is difficult, but you can pass it.
The best way to study is to get the study guide from AST. Then take your time and study. Before you take the exam, make sure you pass the practice exam a few times. There are a lot of questions (250 I believe).
Good Luck!

If there is at least 250 questions, is there a skills portion of the exam when you go for your certification? What website can I go to in order to find practice exams & skill list for the exam?

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.