Surgical Tech Travel Agencies

Comments (2)

michelle

37 months ago

I am interested in travel CST work. I have been working as a CST for almost three years. I have ENT/OTO, Oral Maxillofacial (OMFS), Plastics, SON, General Surg, Gyn, Uro, and a bit of Neuro experience. I have also done small sports cases. I have experience with Micro cases with head and neck and urology. I currently make $19.83 an hour at an outpatient surgery center. I do not want to go anywhere and make less than this. I also receive full benefits and they are great benefits. I have read plenty of horror stories from travel nurses to travel CST or travel PT's. I want a travel agency that is going to pay well and put me where I feel comfortable. So any advice in regards to top notch travel agencies would be greatly appreciated. Plus let me know where your favorite place was and why and I would really like to know which agency pays the best. Don't be shy about your information please. Thank you Michelle Johnson CST.

James in San Antonio, Texas

30 months ago

michelle said: I am interested in travel CST work. I have been working as a CST for almost three years. I have ENT/OTO, Oral Maxillofacial (OMFS), Plastics, SON, General Surg, Gyn, Uro, and a bit of Neuro experience. I have also done small sports cases. I have experience with Micro cases with head and neck and urology. I currently make $19.83 an hour at an outpatient surgery center. I do not want to go anywhere and make less than this. I also receive full benefits and they are great benefits. I have read plenty of horror stories from travel nurses to travel CST or travel PT's. I want a travel agency that is going to pay well and put me where I feel comfortable. So any advice in regards to top notch travel agencies would be greatly appreciated. Plus let me know where your favorite place was and why and I would really like to know which agency pays the best. Don't be shy about your information please. Thank you Michelle Johnson CST.

Michelle, I was a travel tech for about 6 yrs until the economy tanked in 2009. I worked for two different agencies and both treated me well. First Assist Inc was the first and the other was TVL which was absorbed by another company. I really enjoyed by assignment at the Univ Michigan in Ann Arbor, it is a large teaching and research hospital so you will get to see and stuff there that doesn't happen anywhere else. Additionally I worked at a small community hospital in Punta Gorda, Fl. Great, small family atmosphere and beautiful coastal scenery. The last place is a shocker, St Francis Hospital in Wichita, Ks. I was treated great at this hospital by all staff and was made to feel like a member of the staff. Surprisingly a lot of stuff to do there too. Hope all this helps.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.