Surgical Tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 349)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Jessie in North Fort Myers, Florida

73 months ago

rhonda said: I was hired at the hospital I trained at, I put the word out to the OR manager that I was very interested in working there after my graduation and then called him upon my grad. and e-mailed a resume. I called every week for 5 weeks and got the job, persistance does pay off. I worked like hell while I was a student to show them I was a good worker and that I was an asset to their company even though I was a new grad. Be confident and sell yourself, everyone has to start somewhere. as for picking a school, make sure that it is accredited and if possible get a school that allows you to get you AS degree along with you ST cert. this saves so much time if you become an OR nurse later.

you said you where a student first? is that possible ? don't you have to finish school get your certification and then find a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessie in North Fort Myers, Florida

73 months ago

Miss Michelle in Buena Park, California said: I'm a 37 year old Woman, looking to go back to school to pursue a career as a surgical tech. I am very conflicted about choosing this career due to the fact I have heard so many negative aspects about the job. Can anyone tell me something positive? Can anyone give good solid information regarding schooling, pay and getting hired right out o school? Much appreciated, thank you.

Does somebody knows about South WEst Florida Fort Myers, Sarasota, Cape Coral, Naples, POrt Charlotte ? how are this areas for jobs?
ALso, is it important to find a school that try to place people when they get the ST certification?

Morris Wright in Southaven, Mississippi

73 months ago

Jeannie in Hayward, California said: I have been a Certified Surgical Tech for over 30 years. There are many opportunities for surgical techs here, in California. The pay is great, often close to 25.00/hr to start and topping out close to 35.00. Although it is difficult to get hired without experience, it might be worthwhile to begin your career at a Multi-specialty, Ambulatory Surgery Center. These facilities, where the numbers of them are growing all the time, need staff in order to get up and running in a timely manner. Often they are willing to take on new grads to complement there experienced staff members. You will be exposed to all aspects of the facility because cross training is essential in order for the center to be cost effective and efficient. You will be doing ordering of supplies, preparing cases by picking supplies, assembling instruments and working in the sterile processing department as well as scrubbing on the procedures themselves. This is a great opportunity and it instills more of a sense of teamwork than work in a hospital oriented operating room. It also supplies you with different skills and oppportunities that you won't get in a hospital.
I would try to steer away from single specialty facilities like Eyes and Plastics. You will get stuck there and unable to venture out with such a limited experience. You could end up there if you choose but, it would be wiser to not begin there if you can avoid it.

Hi Jeannie, My question is that I was charged with a (domestic violence) charge back in 1994, will this charge prevent me from becoming a surgical tech even though i havent been in any trouble since?

mimi in Elizabeth, New Jersey

73 months ago

im thinking of going to a surgical tech school here in NJ. Its called AIMS, has anyone heard of it????. I know someone who is a traveing ST and he loves it and makes money. I want to take classes in NJ nad move to NY and secure a job there. Hope i dont have a hard time finding a job.........

73 months ago

Jacks Raging Bile Duct in Amsterdam, Netherlands said: Mimi,

Come on, unemployment rates are dismal in urban areas. I know its your $$$. New surgical grads are VERY RARE to ------> LAND A JOB WITH NO EXPERIENCE...Please take the time to read many posts here, please. Please.

i dont get easily discourage from other ppls experience or opinons i just like read what other ppl have to say thats all.... i do read as many post as my eyes can stand but i dont give up, hopefully i will find something..... thankfully i live close to major cities that have alot of health care openings

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina

73 months ago

Bring you down, are you kidding me. I feel like I'm talking to a kid for some reason. Are you even a graduate or are you just playing around on this forum? "Netherlands" what's that about anyway? I think this will be my last post on this site. i have never felt like i have wasted my time as much as i do now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Justin Spear in High Point, North Carolina said: Bring you down, are you kidding me. I feel like I'm talking to a kid for some reason. Are you even a graduate or are you just playing around on this forum? "Netherlands" what's that about anyway? I think this will be my last post on this site. i have never felt like i have wasted my time as much as i do now.

TALKIN TO A KID...... FAR FROM A KID BUT NOT A GRADUATE YET......FOR THIS TO BE A FORUM....SEEMS LIKE THERES A BUNCH OF BS DRAMA UP HERE...PPL GOING BACK AND FOURTH....I HAVE NOW WASTED TIME WRITING ON THIS SITE THAT I CAN NEVA GET BACK.....SHESSSHHHHHH....HONEY UR NOT BRINGING ME DOWN.......THAT COMMENT ABOUT BEING DISCOURAGED WAS ACTUALLY FOR THE NETHERLANDS DUDE...NOT YOU... GUESS I REPLIED TO THE WRONG RESPONSE

73 months ago

Yeah...sorry about that. My comment was for the same person not you.

73 months ago

Jrbd,

Maybe bc she realized that she is just as educated as the nurses she works with and works harder for a lot less money; There is a lot more opportunity for advancement, Maybe she doesn't like to be on call, maybe she is burned-out, I don't know there could be a number of reasons and you're incredibly narrow minded in that you can't you can't concieve why someone would want to do that. This is actually pretty common BELIEVE IT OR NOT. You might even want to take that route one day, if you ever get a job that is. "Because she would be looked at as negative" Man, you act like this is some big conspiracy or something. Whatever you want to believe dude. i can tell when i'm beating a dead horse or an idiot for that matter. gook luck finding a job with that attitude

Jessie in Lehigh Acres, Florida

73 months ago

uahoooo..
You shouldn't be in this forum. We want only positive people. I think your thoughts are very negative. Hospitals look for different level of ST,sometime they may need a person that just came out of school with a certifiaction, other time they want Level II etc etc... I think it depend.
And about the opinion that the job situation in the country is making the hospital only hire experience STs??? I don't believe the economy has to do with what level or ST they hire,, if you think about it, new graduate student with just a certification may be a better deal for a hospital because they can start them with less $$ .. Where do you leave, each area is also different.
"Be more visionary" explore possibilities.. maybe you work in a negative hospital environment??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessie in Lehigh Acres, Florida

73 months ago

new grad, well there are different levels of grads. I am talking about the one that just when to a tech school and when for his ST test and got a certification. Those are not going to make more than you with experience.. NOW, the ones that just came out of college with 4 years of school of course they probably will start with more money.
Sorry you think my email was funny, beside STs maybe I see things in life different than you, one thing I didn't mention is that I am willing to relocate. I believe you are from NJ, I guess in NJ is tough to get a job in this feel when you don't have experience.
I wish you the best.
Jessie

Jenn

73 months ago

Miss Michelle in Buena Park, California said: I'm a 37 year old Woman, looking to go back to school to pursue a career as a surgical tech. I am very conflicted about choosing this career due to the fact I have heard so many negative aspects about the job. Can anyone tell me something positive? Can anyone give good solid information regarding schooling, pay and getting hired right out o school? Much appreciated, thank you.

I have been a surgical tech for 12 years and if I had to do it all over again I would have just went to school for nursing. The pay is not that great for what you do and have to put up with. It is a very high stress job as well. If you want to go to school and do something you are going to make a lot of money at and has plenty of diversity go into nursing.

73 months ago

i sure wish for anyone who has something negative to say about other people wanting to persue a ST career DONT SAY NOTHING AT ALL. When you wanted to start a ST career was anyone spitting on your dreams. Theres ppl up here who want to read about other ppl's experience and stuff not for you to come str8 out and be like " well your basically just wasting your time, try nursing" well god dammit if they wanted to do nursing they wouldnt be in a ST Forum dont you think.. Its time to encourage not discourage.. just because you may not enoy your ST job does not mean someone else will. And as far as the job outlook on becoming an ST... its the same everywhere.. just because your licensed or certified to do ANYTHING, it does not mean you will get hired... to each its own...if you want to become a ST then dammit become an ST...not every1 lives in the same state as these discouraging folks...who are they to tell any of us we will not get a job because of lack of experience or we will not get paid good enough....Not saying you will or will not get hired as a new grad but WHO THE HELL REALLY KNOWS unless you try.. do what makes you happy or keep it moving and good luck to all those in school or persuing a ST career. And for those who are a ST already and dont enjoy what they do, either shut up and deal with your aggravating ass job or keep your complaints to yourself and try to advance in your career or find another one...duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHESSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessie in Cape Coral, Florida

73 months ago

Mimi,
Congratulation for your wonderful email.
YOU HAVE A GREAT ATTITUTE!!!!
The world need more poeple like you specially in the OR helping poeple.
Good Luck to you,
Jessie

73 months ago

Jessie in Cape Coral, Florida said: Mimi,
Congratulation for your wonderful email.
YOU HAVE A GREAT ATTITUTE!!!!
The world need more poeple like you specially in the OR helping poeple.
Good Luck to you,
Jessie

thanx jessie lmao

Jessie in Cape Coral, Florida

73 months ago

I am glad I don't have to be in the OR with a ST like you..
Poor people :(
They way you speak to people is ... really low low...

I feel bad with all the people that join this chatroom... for having someone like JAck here..

Let's hope we get better people everyday in this chatroom,
who care ... and love every human life on earth.

Don't get discorage eventually people like Jack will not find anything in common in here and they will go somewhere else to cause misery.

72 months ago

Care to elaborate

ARCHANGLE in Hartsdale, New York

72 months ago

Jeannie in Hayward, California said: I have been a Certified Surgical Tech for over 30 years. There are many opportunities for surgical techs here, in California. The pay is great, often close to 25.00/hr to start and topping out close to 35.00. Although it is difficult to get hired without experience, it might be worthwhile to begin your career at a Multi-specialty, Ambulatory Surgery Center. These facilities, where the numbers of them are growing all the time, need staff in order to get up and running in a timely manner. Often they are willing to take on new grads to complement there experienced staff members. You will be exposed to all aspects of the facility because cross training is essential in order for the center to be cost effective and efficient. You will be doing ordering of supplies, preparing cases by picking supplies, assembling instruments and working in the sterile processing department as well as scrubbing on the procedures themselves. This is a great opportunity and it instills more of a sense of teamwork than work in a hospital oriented operating room. It also supplies you with different skills and oppportunities that you won't get in a hospital.
I would try to steer away from single specialty facilities like Eyes and Plastics. You will get stuck there and unable to venture out with such a limited experience. You could end up there if you choose but, it would be wiser to not begin there if you can avoid it.

Perhaps you can advice. What are the challenges a "Sterile, Central Supply Technician" at a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center (ASC) faces.?

Kathy,Monroe N.Y> in Highland Mills, New York

72 months ago

gypsy31 in Houston, Texas said: At your age your really going to have to give some serious thought to how long you want to be on your feet, taking orders from others and being awakened in the middle of the night when your on call. I say this from experience, as I became a tech 12 years ago at the age of 30. While I love the job, it is rapidly becoming tiresome. Not due to the work itself, but the environment. RN's, whom you will be working under, often have very little respect for techs and the surgeons can be verbally abusive and often very demanding. Then, though there are many specialties you may chose from, the job does become rather repetative after a while. To justify my comments I must tell you that I have worked at over 12 different hospitals in my career, eight different cities and five different states (I was a traveler for 5 years)and every hospital had the same set of issues. I consider myself a great ST, and have had the opportunity to work at some of the best hospitals in the country and with some of the finest surgeons in the country since I have worked in Houston (home of the largest medical center in the world), but if I could do it over again, I would have become a nurse right from the begining. I recently recieved my LVN and will be continuing with my RN online. Good luck with your decision.

Hello, Gypsie31 from texas, I've also been a tech for many years and totally agree with you about the job becoming repetative,with long days of standing. I have been thinking about being a traveling tech. Basically I've spent my career at one small hospital doing all the diff specialties except heart. So was it difficult traveling to big medical centers? Were people friendly when they knew you were a traveler?

ARCHANGEL in Hartsdale, New York

72 months ago

Kathy,Monroe N.Y> in Highland Mills, New York said: Hello, Gypsie31 from texas, I've also been a tech for many years and totally agree with you about the job becoming repetative,with long days of standing. I have been thinking about being a traveling tech. Basically I've spent my career at one small hospital doing all the diff specialties except heart. So was it difficult traveling to big medical centers? Were people friendly when they knew you were a traveler?

Perhaps you can advice. What are the challenges a "Sterile, Central Supply Technician" at a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center AND a Hospital?

Also will a OR surgical tech be an upward mobility ?

Lisa in Folsom, California

71 months ago

Julie in Sacramento, California said: I have tried to call the program director and sent her an email in the last week but I have not heard back....I guess I will just keep calling. lol. I really want to get more info on this program and see if it would work for me here in Sacramento CA.

Hi Julie,
I am also looking into Surgical Tech programs in the Sac area. I was wondering if you ever found out more about this online program and coordinating with local hospitals?
Lisa

alphaacad in Hollywood, Florida

71 months ago

kevin in Sunnyvale, California said: Im a surgical tech student in miami and im starting my intrenship on the 13th of this month... I was wondering which is better to work at.. A hospital or a private practice

what school did you go to

Needlestick in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

I am so smart for not going further into this stupid ST field. But anyway, there was a research about standing more than 4 hours combined a day is harmful to your body. The system is so screwed up. Hospitals would rather pay billions for infenctions rather than giving a proper pay to ST's who sweat their ass off and standing 12 hours a day, which in turn could, in my opinion prevent most of the infections. Also ST schooling is producing more grads than there are jobs. And the recession forces some hospitals to close down lessening the job market. I have personnaly met someone who is looking heavy for a job for 6 months now without success in NYC where there seems to be plenty of oppotunities.

jlb1191 in Buffalo, New York

70 months ago

I am graduating in 20 days, worst program and now on the hunt for a job. No jobs where I live unless I get a offer from my clinical site which is the lowest paying nation wide. Really love the job but frustrated on the lack of work there is. Have people calling from other states from employment so keeping fingers crossed. Do your research where you live unless you want to relocate. See what your options are in your area, seems to be very different in different states. Good luck, I am a 40 year old college student myself.

Carol

70 months ago

I see negative comments regarding getting into a single speciality like plastics and "not being able to break out". On the flip side of that, I worked in plastics, and only plastics for 13 years, loved it, worked with a wonderful, non-God-complex surgeon, traveled the western hemisphere going to International Plastics conferences, and had many RN's from the nearest hospital salivating after my job, which was paying more than theirs. So I wouldn't rule out the positives and potential of a single specialty...it could end up being the career you always dreamed of! :)

Needlestick in Brooklyn, New York

70 months ago

Carol, at the time when you started to work, there was actually a shortage of surg techs and some schools would offer the program for free so there would be enough surg techs. but that turned into a moneymaking opportunity for schools eventually and now there too many surg techs and not enough jobs. How can this turn out to be a career when one can't even start it. In my case I would finish the program, but my instructors are not interested in their students receiving good grades and I am on my 4.0 GPA right now and I dream on enrolling into PA school. If I don't pull out now I will ruin my chances.

ovstampco in Huntington Beach, California

70 months ago

I still cant believe it after more than a year and a half... this post is to help NEW GRADS in their search for a job . Almost all the happy posters work for a school , the AST or they are still in school and optimistic , just like me and my class were back in 2008 - NO ONE GOT A JOB AS AN ST !!!
Most people posting are saying they got a job , invariably they were hired before 2008 , things have changed.
If you check the internet postings and the hospital web sites you WILL see an abundance of openings for level 1 "beginning" ST jobs.... If any of you will take the time and check what happens to these jobs you will see that they are always filled by experienced ST's with usually 5 or more years experience , never new grads - NEVER , NEVER , NEVER !!!! PULL your heads out and call the hospital HR departments they WILL tell you not to go into the ST field - same with the surgery centers , private surgeons , plastic centers etc. etc.
The only people that are actually getting a chance as new grads are 1) people employed in the armed services 2) people that relocate to rural areas , where no body really wants to live and 3) people that are downgrading thier job from RN to ST .
READ this post from the beginning.... how many new grads have posted they have got jobs as a new grad over the last few years ? I count many that said they are hopeful , they know the local hospitals have openings ( because of the job postings....but no one with out experience can get )
OK , maybe - MAYBE one in 20 can find a job because of some combination of luck and timing but do you like those odds ? The over whelming majority will end up $30k in debt not to mention spending 18 months of their life preparing Why in Gods name would anyone enter this field of study knowing that their dreams will most likely be crushed ?
This is not the time , again , call the hospitals , call the surgery centers , call the private surgeons BEFORE you commit don't believe me -CALL THEM !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

paulmcgahee in Conway, Arkansas

70 months ago

Karina in Riverside, California said: Im 24 years old, and I've been a surgical tech for almost five years. I specialize in transplant surgery, and have at least a basic experience in just about every service (meaning peds, neuro, ortho, gyn, ent, plastics, urology and so on). This career has its good and bad things. Surgery is extremely exiting most of the time. Yes you get to see things that most human beings will never get to see in their lifetime, and you get to help people working as a team...for the most part. I really don't mean to sound negative, I really like surgery, but there are many very important things to consider before making the desicion to become a surg tech. Hours are really demanding if you work at a hospital. Eventhough most places can offer you a 3 twelve hour shift week and it sounds great... but try standing on your feet on a single spot for 99% of that time. Our job deals not only with the physical stress but also mental stress because you have to be able to adapt yourself to many different personalities, circumstances and moods at the same time in one single case. You also deal with the stress from surgery and stability of your patient. It really does not sound bad, but when you deal with it on a daily basis it takes a tow on you eventually. Another thing to consider is that you more than likely will be required to take call. As far as pay is considered, you can find places that can give you a "decent" pay. And I really mean it when I say the pay is not usually great considering the physical strain. I do not want to discourage anyone to better themselves through this career, but if you want my honest advice...get a nursing degree. You can still work in the OR doing the same as a teck, but making a lot more money for having a degree. If anyone would like further advice, feel free to e mail me keq6@hotmail.com

i want to be a ST, im a cna now just wanna know if there are more good things about it, lets me

egush in Dayton, Ohio

70 months ago

I have read many times on this forum about this career not for the shy, weak or sensitive. Can anyone give me a specific example of something that happened or how they were treated by surgeons or staff and how they handled the situation? Thanks

Greatmom 6722 in White Plains, New York

70 months ago

Hi
I'm considering attending an ST school at the local Community College. It's a 10 month certificate course. My concern is the program is NOT accredited with CAAHEP, NBSTSA, or ABHES. When I look at job postings, I see they're looking for accreditation. When I called the assistant director of the school with these concerns, her reply was "This program is has a NHA certification." NHA National Healthcare Association. I asked her if graduates find employment after taking this course her response was "yes".
Should I be cautious of this program? Or should go to my back up plan and go to college to be a COTA? Occupational Therapist Assistant until 2012?

Justin Spear in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

Well, just like you said, most of the job postings ask for these accreditations so that pretty much answers your question. There may be grads that get hired but you will certainly have more trouble finding employment bc you will be competing with people who are coming from schools with the proper credentials.I personally don't think it's worth the risk, that's a lot of time and money-Just my opinion though. Good luck.

Angellee in Tampa, Florida

70 months ago

A few months ago, I met a new grad ST that had been looking for a job for an entire year and she still wasn't having any luck. I wouldn't recommend ST. Before I went to school, I researched jobs in the medical field and ST was one that seemed to have the most people that couldn't find jobs without experience and couldn't get experience without getting a job(a few others: dental hygienist/dental assistant, LPN, CNA, RN with an associate's degree). I have a friend that has been looking for a RN job for months. You know the field of health care is in trouble when a RN BSN can't find work. Anyway, I wouldn't go for ST. I would choose something else.

greatmom6722 in White Plains, New York

70 months ago

So what do you think the COTA field is doing nowadays? Is being a Occupational Therapist Assistant a good field to go into?

Justin Spear in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

I don't know much about that field but I do know it takes a special kind of person to do it-I'm sure it can be extremely trying.

Jessica in Alhambra, California

69 months ago

Ann in Los Angeles, California said: 14. something i cant remember what i started at but im only at 14.99 right now. I just got certified so i will get a raise soon and our contract is about to be settled so i should get a regular raise.

Im 3 months away from graduating the ST program. My Program director mention to me that i should start applying as of now, i have always been really interested in working for UCLA so this comment caught my eye, would i be able to apply as of now?

Surgical Paul in Citrus Heights, California

68 months ago

anurse4you in Alexandria, Virginia said: I have been a Surgical Tech for six years. I received my training form a Local Hospital in Virginia. I Love this field so much but now I want to relocate to Illinois and I am not sure I can continue to work as a Tech because I am not Certified. I am highly skilled in All Surgical Services but am not sure of what to do to become Certified and how will I pay for Certification since now I am told I have to take an Accelerated course in order to take the Exam for certification. Is there an easier way?

Check into an AAD program for surgical techs. You may qualify and after completion you will be able to sit for the CST

deanaaleseses323339

68 months ago

intersted in training...

deanaaleseses323339

68 months ago

iam,intertsed training.....

deanaaleseses323339

68 months ago

iam,intertesed in training......

deanaaleseses323339

68 months ago

i,iamintertesed in tranining ......

tomijohnston in Denver, Colorado

67 months ago

Hi, I'm a surgical tech with 6 1/2 years experience, and proficient in all services except CV. I am currently traveling and love it, but I would really like an opportunity to travel as a surg tech internationally. Does anyone have any advice or contact info on how I would go about doing this. Also what countries accept a surg tech certificate/diploma from the U.S. Some one please help!

Xavier in Shreveport, Louisiana

61 months ago

Hi everyone I am a last yr high school student and is seriously not intrested in doing another four years of school..So i was thinking of ST.. But im afraid i wont get a job as soon as i finish! Then i was thinking of traveling ST so i can get some experience is that a bad idea! i really need help plz and thanks

spear101 in Jamestown, North Carolina

61 months ago

Xavier,
It really depends on the area you live in. Fortunately where I live, job placement is great; mainly because we are surrounded by teaching hospitals. However, there are SEVERAL areas where it can be nearly impossible to get hired right out of school.
As for traveling, you will need several years of experience to even be considered. Just be sure the school you attend has the proper accreditation (CAAHEP)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Xavier in Shreveport, Louisiana

61 months ago

thanks i plan to attend Sandford Brown college in Dallas, Texas. I just really need a promising career...I have been been researching and its says ST jobs are sppose to be on the rise! But I dont wanna finish school and still be out of work.. i guess its a risk I just have to take right

spear101 in Jamestown, North Carolina

61 months ago

Xavier,

go to www.ast.org and check out there student forum. You will find all of the information you will need there. It's a much more active forum and you will have professionals answering your questions.

61 months ago

DiamondDave65 in Golden, Colorado said: We are looking for a CST to be part of a dynamic team within a rural hospital in NW Colorado, not Golden Colorado. Experience preferred but will train the right person. Beautiful new, 3 OR facility that specializes in Ortho, General, Endo, Uro, Lap, some Plastic, some ENT and alot of OB/GYN. Call is mandatory and usually works out to 7-8 days per month, usually in a one week block. Unsure about pay but can find out, usually is pretty competitive. I am a CFA, ST and am getting tired of all the call myself and another RN/CST have absorbed. I am only posting here because we are having a hard time finding someone to re-locate to our area to start, or continue their career. Area is big on hunting, skiing, hiking, biking, camping and any other outdoor recreation you can think of. I will check back often to see if anyone has any interest.
Thank you for your time.

I am a new graduate with certification, I cannot find anyone to hire me and I am willing to relocate. In New York now. Please send any info you may have! Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DiamondDave65 in Evergreen, Colorado

61 months ago

jlb1191 in Buffalo, New York said: I am a new graduate with certification, I cannot find anyone to hire me and I am willing to relocate. In New York now. Please send any info you may have! Thank you

Go to this website:
www.thememorialhospital.com

Click on "careers" in the upper right hand corner of the page. Click on "Certified Scrub Technician" for a job description and pay. Sorry, it was much less than I had expected and the job description is not very accurate. Addressograph, what the heck is that?
Good luck.

61 months ago

Thank you for the info!!! :)

Nekie in Charleston, South Carolina

60 months ago

julie in Charleston, South Carolina said: When I graduated back in 2002, the place i did my rotation, hired me when i got out. I moved to charlotte with less than a year exp, and i got hired. I moved to Charlestion SC. I work at MUSC, and than I quit, wanted to be closer to home. I had two more job offer. I have been a CST going on 8 years, and I love it! I get paid pretty good, and wonderful benefits.

What school did you attend for your training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rick - ORT in Sacramento, Ca. in Sacramento, California

60 months ago

You work under the license of a Registered Nurse. You typically do something different everyday. You will be involved in every surgery by helping the surgeon (and their assistant) heal patients in need of surgery. There are numerous instruments, but the primary ones are mostly used by most physicians...

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.