Surgical Techs in NEW JERSEY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 247)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

heather in Tupelo, Mississippi

56 months ago

actually I graduated from ICC in Tupelo MS, Mrs Tice's program is rated amongst the top in the country. you spend half a year preparing before you even see a patient in clinicals. its a year long program for certificate 2yr for AA degree. there are several hospitals in the area, and we are always looking for good additions to the teams. surgical tech is the best thing that ever happened to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rmagan in Little Falls, New Jersey

55 months ago

bigragu213 in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: I am contemplating going to Dover Business School in Clifton for ST. Has anyone gone there? If so, what did you think? They offer job placement don't they help you get a job????

Hi, I am looking to go to Dover In clifton as well>> How is it going for you?
you can email me directly at rosadegeorge@hotmail.com if you like?

55 months ago

nihwlmt in Lafayette, New Jersey said: I am a student @ Dover. This is my 2nd quarter. I definitely recommend the school as long as you are sure surg tech is what you want to do. The classes are science-heavy and a lot of work. We started with 23 in my class, and now we are down to 16....and it's only the 2nd term out of 5. Dover is very proactive about lining up interviews for recent grads....UMDNJ came to the school a few weeks ago and hired 7 of our recent grads. I researched the profession and all the schools in the area before making my decision. Dover gives you 6 months straight of clinicals...two 3-month stints, each at a different facility in the metro area. This is your "experience" that everyone is looking for. Dover grads get hired.

Good luck!

Hello Im considering going to Dover? Did you finish, do u have a job lined up?

55 months ago

Grnidsurgtech in Dumont, New Jersey said: IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU WHO ARE PERSISTANT!! I took a job in SPD at St. Barnabas...yeah ok...its a foot in the door. I thought my foot would be stuck waiting for an opportunity to come up!! 9 months almost I have been there...WOO HOO!!! OPENING JUST GOT INTERNALLY POSTED!!! I am all up in their face!! well not really but I do have a cheering section that is helping me out too!! I have references ready and all!! YOU have to try and get in there no matter how you do it!! SPD is not the worst thing in the world!! If you can get it take it!! Someone mentioned they attend Dover Business...that is where I went...I got the SPD job thru there...And One of the people who got hired at UMDNJ for SPD...IS SCRUBBING NOW!! IT happens people...we all just graduated in the last 6 mo or so!

Hello,

Did you graduate Dover as an SPD or ST.. Im a little confused.. Should I take the SPD to get my foot in the door or should I go straight for ST..
rosadegeorge@hotmail.com.. thank u

Crystal Pullen in Elizabeth, New Jersey

55 months ago

DONT GO THERE!!!! I WENT THERE AND STAYED FOR TWO MONTHS AND LEFT..THE SATFF ARE HORRIBLE AND YOU WONT LEARN MUCH...WHEN YOUR IN THE LAB..THERE IS ONE TEACHER AND 18 STUDENTS...YOU WILL GET LITTLE ASSISTANCE. I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST GOING TO SANFORD BROWN..THATS WHERE I AM AT NOW..I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

Crystal Pullen in Elizabeth, New Jersey

55 months ago

BUT REMEMBER NO MATTER WHERE YOU DECIDE TO GO..WORK HARD FOR IT..SCRUB TECH IS AN AWESOME FIELD...GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU DECIDE....WISHING ALL SCRUB TECHS THE VERY BEST

55 months ago

Crystal Pullen in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: DONT GO THERE!!!! I WENT THERE AND STAYED FOR TWO MONTHS AND LEFT..THE SATFF ARE HORRIBLE AND YOU WONT LEARN MUCH...WHEN YOUR IN THE LAB..THERE IS ONE TEACHER AND 18 STUDENTS...YOU WILL GET LITTLE ASSISTANCE. I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST GOING TO SANFORD BROWN..THATS WHERE I AM AT NOW..I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

hello.. thanks for the info.. in what city is Stanford Brown and what makes it great?
my email is rosadegeorge@hotmail.com if you want to email me directly..
I appreciate your reply!

KP in Woodbridge, New Jersey

55 months ago

I'm a surgical tech instructor. I read through most of the problems and concerns posted on this site by graduates and those who are yet to start the program. I want to say that Surgical technology is a rewarding and challenging job which requires doing your best and applying what you learned in school.The school you attend must be a good and accredited one. You cannot be a sloppy surgical technician, meaning your lecture and clinical grades are very important in getting a job. Operating Room managers are not interested in hiring a sloppy tech, especially a hard-headed tech who did not listen and therefore did NOT do very well in lecture and clinical when he was in school. Too many Cs and barely passing grades are not friendly to anyone who wants to hire a good tech.

The school I teach is an accredited college that has 6 months clinical rotation, with the last 3 months being fulltime clinical internship. Most of our students are hired during this period, because at this time they have become an essential part of the profession. Even those with attitude problems transform during this period.

If you are a graduate and know that your grades are appalling and that you did not become a good product, your chances of being hired are slim. For those who have confidence in themselves continue looking for I know you WILL BE hired.

Those who are potential students will do well if they select an accredited school. Just google accredited surgical tech schools the state in which you live.

Hopefully this will help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jimmy in Elmhurst, New York

55 months ago

Hi. I am at an accredited AS surgical tech program (2+ years) after which I am planning to take certification exam and become CST. Next semester I will start practicum in the hospitals 16 hours a week. My instructors are beautiful people and I love to learn medical terminalogy and see how procedures are done.

But I am concerned about the chosen profession if I could handle all the hours standing in the OR not able to scratch or put the arms down or stretch my arms up. I am concerned about not been able to drink or eat at anytime I want. Standing all day on the feet doesn't look good to me. Wearing the mask and gloves, which anooy the hell out of me at times. I am also concerned about getting stuck with an instrument and also getting infection.

So here I am studying to get A's in my classes to keep my 4.0 GPA and wondering, what am I doing?

nihwlmt in Belle Mead, New Jersey

55 months ago

Honestly, I'm wondering what you're doing, too. I am in my second clinical term, graduating this summer. It truly is standing all day. Often, you will have short cases, so you're not standing in one position long. At any given time you could be on a long case (even 2 hours feels very long when it's at the end of the day), and you are standing in one position, only moving your arms to pass instruments or prepare items. It takes great tolerance for standing long. Some good things to do: put one foot up on a step stool for a while and alternate feet; do tiny knee bends; switch your weight back and forth from one foot to the other for a bit.

As far as the mask is concerned...you should get used to it. At the hospital I'm using the kind that has the eye shield attached, which helps because then you don't have TWO things on your face.

Good luck!

Jimmy in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

thanks for that reply. I am feeling better now. Do you ever get stressed out? or is the reward of helping someone that balances the issue? Those ST's who are working, Do they ever feel like they should be getting paid much more for the work that they do? I know that starting salary is like about 12 $/h?

55 months ago

Personally, I don't get stressed. I love the work, and I actually am someone who craves some level of urgency and stress in my work.

I'm not sure who you're talking to about salaries...In the NY metro area the lowest start that I've heard from working CST's is $19/hr.
It will depend on exactly where you work. I know one who started at $22/hr. Surgery centers usually pay more than hospitals.

55 months ago

I was looking at the salaries numbers on the internet, which are 5 years old but $19 sounds fair to me. I do believe that you don't get stressed because my instructors worked decades in OR and they look healthy and are very cool, and have an awesome sense of humor. I guess I can stop thinking negatively now and concentrate on the things I need to learn so I can be a valuable CST.

Can I get some more advice?
What do I really need to practice before I get to the real OR. I can use all the extra lab time with instructor at my school. I want to take advantage of that. I will start cases in the fall. Please tell me what I really need to know so I could practice and not feel stupid at the hospital. thanks

Surgitech207 in Middletown, New York

55 months ago

Jimmy in Elmhurst, New York said: Hi. I am at an accredited AS surgical tech program (2+ years) after which I am planning to take certification exam and become CST. Next semester I will start practicum in the hospitals 16 hours a week. My instructors are beautiful people and I love to learn medical terminalogy and see how procedures are done.

But I am concerned about the chosen profession if I could handle all the hours standing in the OR not able to scratch or put the arms down or stretch my arms up. I am concerned about not been able to drink or eat at anytime I want. Standing all day on the feet doesn't look good to me. Wearing the mask and gloves, which anooy the hell out of me at times. I am also concerned about getting stuck with an instrument and also getting infection.

So here I am studying to get A's in my classes to keep my 4.0 GPA and wondering, what am I doing?

Hi Jimmy,
Don't get discouraged, this is a great field to be in. It is also growing in the NY area. I am more upstate and the starting salary here is about $14/hr. Also the things nihwlmt said about changing positions, and the mask/ sheild are helpful. I find having music playing in the OR helps the time pass, keeps you alert. All the surgeons I work with like music in the room. We all have ipods so you are almost never without music. We also have great conversations (you'd be suprised how many docs watch "American Idol") and most days I laugh a lot.
As far as getting stuck goes, I have been stuck twice in 17yrs, that isn't so bad. I went through the hospital protocol on getting tested. Everything turned out fine. You just have to be real aware of where your sharps are at all times.
When it comes time for you to look for a job, just remember union hospitals (and there are alot of them in NYC) pay better than non-union. Good luck

55 months ago

I think you said your school is accredited, so you should be plenty prepared by the time you go to clinicals. However, nothing can really prepare you for having a live patient....seeing them come in awake, watching the anesthesia provider put them under, & wake them up. Most procedures actually happen really fast. Just know your anatomy thoroughly (some doctors like to ask you questions to test your knowledge, always nice to impress), be able to open items w/o contaminating, PAY ATTENTION to the surgery. Always think ahead: when setting up back table (which side of patient will you be on, what order you will need things) AND during procedure (what items should be on Mayo stand first, rotate items as needed throughout procedure according to what surgeon will need next). DON'T WORRY
You won't be solo right away! Also, every tech does things differently. Don't argue (as long it's not a contamination issue), be teachable and adaptable.

Buy good shoes! Dansko Professional clogs with closed backs are the absolute best for your feet and your back. They are about $115-$120, and worth much more. They will last a couple years of daily wear if taken care of. I had two pair before I even started this. Dansko is the original brand for this type of shoe...I would not waste money on imitations.

Good luck!

55 months ago

you listen to ipods? I actually have asked one of my instructors about that because I love to listen to my ipod and I was told no. I assume you have it one ear only. But is it really allowed?
may be in some places I guess

55 months ago

nihwlmt in Belle Mead, New Jersey said: I think you said your school is accredited, so you should be plenty prepared by the time you go to clinicals. However, nothing can really prepare you for having a live patient....seeing them come in awake, watching the anesthesia provider put them under, & wake them up. Most procedures actually happen really fast. Just know your anatomy thoroughly (some doctors like to ask you questions to test your knowledge, always nice to impress), be able to open items w/o contaminating, PAY ATTENTION to the surgery. Always think ahead: when setting up back table (which side of patient will you be on, what order you will need things) AND during procedure (what items should be on Mayo stand first, rotate items as needed throughout procedure according to what surgeon will need next). DON'T WORRY
You won't be solo right away! Also, every tech does things differently. Don't argue (as long it's not a contamination issue), be teachable and adaptable.

Buy good shoes! Dansko Professional clogs with closed backs are the absolute best for your feet and your back. They are about $115-$120, and worth much more. They will last a couple years of daily wear if taken care of. I had two pair before I even started this. Dansko is the original brand for this type of shoe...I would not waste money on imitations.

Good luck!

I am going to get those Dansko shoes thanks for the tip

55 months ago

Jimmy in Brooklyn, New York said: you listen to ipods? I actually have asked one of my instructors about that because I love to listen to my ipod and I was told no. I assume you have it one ear only. But is it really allowed?
may be in some places I guess

No Jimmy,
We hook up the ipod to portable speakers or the computer speakers. The whole room is listening to the music. There is no way you can have earphones in. A lot of the Anesthesiologists supply the music. Sometimes the surgeon brings his, if not I always have mine in my locker.

55 months ago

I am going to change my major to PA since it is almost impossible to find a job right out of school. I am not going to waste 2 more years of my life and money. Plus the St Vincent hospital is closing and its surgical techs will be a priority to get hired.

nihwlmt in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey

55 months ago

That sounds like a wise decision. Good you are at a school that will allow it. Good luck to you in all you do!

54 months ago

I am actually deciding to complete the course and fulfill my intent and see where it takes me but I am currently taking PA classes on a side. Hopefully I will land a ST job right after graduation and move out of my mother's house. I am planning to volunteer at a hospital so I could meet people and get myself on the map. I haven't been to the actual OR yet, but I know to expect some very nasty smells in there on a daily. Some people can't handle that and drop out of ST program, but on the other hand, some people fall in love with the job. I really am not sure how I am going to react. I guess if others can handle those smells then I sure could too.

Kal in Sewell, New Jersey

54 months ago

Hello, does anyone know good Surgical Tech school here in south jersey near cherry hill, nj...I've been searching for long time and still can't find one.. I've found one at Camden County College, they offer certificate.. Has anyone looked into that program.. Please let me know soon so I can able to start rightaway... Thanks
Let me know if there are any other local ST program that offer affordable tution... Camden County is approx.. 7K

54 months ago

You can find a school but can you find a job?

Cant find a job in Lake Worth, Florida

54 months ago

Miltex Boy in Edison, New Jersey said: Are you currently employed as Surgical Techs? If there is vacancy in your workplace, drop us here a message. We would like to be the first to know since you are inside. If ever you will be resigning or its your co-worker, well kindly DONT WAIT. Some folks I heard said that some Techs are pulled from the CSR and trained as an OR Tech by employees themselves. They didnt went to school! We cant let them do that. Why? because they are not adequately informed. What will the surgical team think of us? its not the same when you went schooling versus when you are just trained in-house.

If there is an opening, Im interested to work in Central New Jersey area.

did you ever find a job? I was thinking of leaving Florida, going back home to NJ and looking for a job, thinking I'd have more success there. We have the same problems down here in Florida, however, not as many choices to apply too. Theres only a handful of hosp. in Palm Beach County and Broward County.

Thx!

Michelle in West Milford, New Jersey

54 months ago

Hello,

I am a graduate from Eastwick College(Hohokus) in Ramsey. HUGE mistake! I passed my certification test which was great and they placed me to an eye surgery center for my externship. When i was done with my externship, the NCCT told me that the eye surgery center does not qualify to get certified so as of today i am not certified. No hospital will take me to do my externship. Im screwed. I hate that school. NO ONE GO THERE PLEASE! Now nobody will hire me because im not certified...:(

we in Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

Kal in Sewell, New Jersey said: Hello, does anyone know good Surgical Tech school here in south jersey near cherry hill, nj...I've been searching for long time and still can't find one.. I've found one at Camden County College, they offer certificate.. Has anyone looked into that program.. Please let me know soon so I can able to start rightaway... Thanks
Let me know if there are any other local ST program that offer affordable tution... Camden County is approx.. 7K

Don't know if you consider Delaware County, Pa. (just west of Philly) local, but Delaware County Community College has a Surg Tech program. Price is certainly below that of the private schools and the program is rigorous.

fedup tech in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

Hi Jimmy.

I'm an ST in Brooklyn too :) Certified since 2009 but I still can't find a job in the field so while I continue to look, I am going back to school to be a nurse.
Best to you.

53 months ago

hey. I dropped out of the program. But if you are certified, you should go out there and get the job while you fresh out of school. I know they look for experience, but you have more chances of finding a job now then a year later, because you just went through most of the procedures (hopefully). A year later you will lose some of the skills you have learned and the employers do realize that. So embrace yourself for the big hustle and go get the job by any means necessary! I transfered to PA prereqs, hopefully I will get into PA school later. But even though I do have 4.0 GPA, school is only wasting my time and I think I have better things to do. Good luck.

53 months ago

Jimmy, don't I know that??? :) I've been looking since I graduated in 09/08!!! But I am not giving up. I made it as far as an agency sterile processing tech so at least I still remember the instruments. Since clinicals started, I've been going to the OR departments after classes, in my nursing uniform, and dropping off my resume hoping that that will give me a boost.
But the hospitals would rather hire a cook or housekeeper and train them. It is a union thing I think, Also even thought everyone can see that I would be a super tech, getting pass HR requirements is impossib;e. They have to go by the book, and if the requirement is 1 or 2 years then they have to stick to it. if they can't get the position filled then I think that they have to promote from within. i THINK. I don't want to rain on your parade, but while I was taking the pre-reqs for nursing (the same ones for the PA program) I spoke to some PAs at the hospital and they all advised me to do nusring instead. They said that finding a job as a PA was just as hard. At least in NYC most employers want experience too, and there is not as big a demand for PAs as nurses. BUT the grads in the ANS program are having a hard time getting jobs outside of the agency. Many NYC hospitals wants BSN. Maybe it's just a bad time to be looking for a job.

53 months ago

Yeah, I realize that finding a job will not be easy. But I quit ST because it wasn't for me. I didn't feel like being packaged up in the protective attire and counting the instruments and the pads in the garbage can while standing in one spot all day, besides from the hardship of getting hired. I know the economy is screwed up and hardly anyone is hiring today without experience. It is tough out there and all the schools want is our money.

53 months ago

Jimmy, Did you ever make it to clinicals?

If you like you can e mail me directly at starrrr083@aol.com (that's zero eight three) :)

53 months ago

no I didnt start clinicals yet, I am going to see my advisor about it in two weeks.

53 months ago

I hope things will work out for you :)

53 months ago

fedup tech in Brooklyn, New York said: I hope things will work out for you :)

Hi Fedup,
Did you ever check out the hospital in Middletown that I told you about? They still have openings, or is it just too far?

fedup tech

53 months ago

Hello Surgitech,
Yes I see that they still have openings according to the listings. I sent my resume so I'll see what happens.

discouraged surgical tech in East Orange, New Jersey

52 months ago

fedup tech said: Hello Surgitech,
Yes I see that they still have openings according to the listings. I sent my resume so I'll see what happens.

Which hospital has openings if you dont mind sharing with the rest of us in the forum. I have been searching for a position for some time and its really hard to find ST employment.

52 months ago

Orange County medical center had some openings. Orange County never responded to me so I can only assume tat 10 they didn't check the web site or 2) it was my lack of experience. NY Presbyterian had some too but they want experienced people.
You can look here on indeedjobs and see what you find.
On another note, discouraged tech, don't be. After 2 years desperately trying to break in I finally got a job. As a sterile processing tech. And I'm not even employed by the hospital. I work for a contractor that the hospital hires to do the job. But on the bright side, I'm just a wee bit closer to my dream of being a CST. So keep the faith.
OK seriously, if it's your dream, never give up. Do something else in a mean time but you make sure that when you get your shot you'll be as ready as you can be. Study the books and if you get any chance to be close to an OR you worm your way inside. Check out procedures on you tube and just keep preparing for your big break :)
Best to you.

52 months ago

Thanks so much for the inspiration. Since I have graduated 4 months ago, I have been consistently looking for employment as a surgical tech. I must have applied to over 300 hospitals and surgery centers within NJ, NY, and Pennsylvania. I have called the hospitals, spoke to the O R managers, spoke to H R reps as well. Still nothing. I am totally disappointed with my school for they have done NOTHING to help my job search. I take my certification next month then I am going to register for R N classes. I wanted so bad to start a great career as an S T but it seems almost impossible. I am so sad about my life right now. Unemployment is almost finished. Also I am 12,000 in debt for student loans. This just gets better and better.

nihwlmt in New Jersey

52 months ago

This is to ALL....one word: VOLUNTEER. Even if it's not exactly in a surgical capacity, volunteering wherever you really want to work gives you exposure to the right people and shows dedication. Be proactive.

52 months ago

discouraged surgical tech in East Orange, New Jersey said:
I'm back in school to be an RN too. People will tell you that it is not the same and they are RIGHT!!!!! But at least it may get you into the OR, so go for it.
Unfortunately many of the schools are only in business to make money.
Sometimes I wonder why I wasted my time getting certified, but then I remember that WHEN my break comes I'll be ready. Even if I become an OR nurse BEFORE I get to be a working CST, I'll be a heck of an OR nurse. And then a heck of a CST :)

52 months ago

nihwlmt in New Jersey said: This is to ALL....one word: VOLUNTEER.

In NYC even as a CST with my own malpractice insurance and some clinical nursing under my belt and my extraordinary persistence, even after 2 years I still can't even volunteer as a ST due to liability issues that the hospital may face.

Volunteering in SPD is not that easy either. I have a friend who worked 1 full day/wk for 2 mths and all he was allowed to do was to deliver trays or wait around for trays to deliver. I also volunteered with a hospital with restrictions on what I was allowed to do but I soon realized that only the day shift had supervision so I started staying a little later on evenings and eventually convinced him to let me do evenings. Well the lazy workers were only too happy to have me cause it gave them a break. I worked 6+ hrs 3 - 4 evenings/wk and eventually made my way to the night shift where the need was greatest and so was the opportunity to learn. I stuck around in the am so that the OR director could see me busting my hump and eventually she told me to go to an agency and then next day I was getting paid as an agency tech on call as needed. That was after 6 mths of free labor. Excessive? Yes, extremely, especially when you consider that I AM qualified AND certified to do the job! I continued to work for 6 more months but much less hours now because the regular people wanted the OT, and that is their right.
But all the time I was busting my hump, I was building a professional reputation in SPD and even upstairs in the OR. But to date, I have only been allowed to observe some surgical procedures. I can't touch any instrument. The Sts KNOW that I can do the job. They would be willing to sit down and let me take over but because of liability issues, unless I have some ST experience, and am actually hired, then basically I'll KEEP chasing a dream. Maybe I'll become an OR nurse before I become and ST, but one day I WILL be a ST!

But if anyone has a

52 months ago

Wow Thats horrible. 2 years without being a CST is awful. Thanks for the information on the hospital. I applied and I am hoping that I can get in. Yes. Maybe I will try and volunteer.

fedup tech

52 months ago

Discourages, is it possible that you could relocate? Some hospitals MAY provide relocation assistance, or they used to, but with so many tech now even the southern states may be limiting and restricting the new STs to local people. But that may be an option for you.

52 months ago

Yes of course I am willing to re locate. The hospitals that I have applied to in other states had no response for me. More than likely due to my lack of experience.
This is a total nightmare for me. Does anyone know of any surgery centers that may be hiring new grads?

fedup tech

52 months ago

Discouraged, If I come across anyting I'll let you know, but I will not be able to check until this weekend, and I may come up dry.

fedup tech

52 months ago

Discouraged

I just went on indeedjobs.com and did a quick search. I entered the following info

surgical and tech and new and grad

Just like that. I left the city blank. i can't sort through them but perhaps you may be interested in checking them out. I don't know if they provide relocation assistance, but unfortunately, I have a condo (really a shoebox) so I'm stuck in NY for a while :(

I found at least 2 hospitals who CLAIM that they would consider new grads, and I didn't even look at everything on the first page. One place was in WI and the other was in TX. Tere are 2 more pages to sort. I can't go through them but you MAY find more possibilities. I would have provided the link to the 2 sites but apparently indeed thinks that it's a cuss or some vulgar language.

If there are a lot of typos sorry but I have to get some sleep

Hope this helps some.

Justme in Dayton, Ohio

52 months ago

Sandy said: Hello...I was wondering if anybody is attending or recently graduated from Star Technical Institute. I am seriously thinking of enrolling in the Surgical Technology program and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am attending Miami-Jacobs for ST. The only thing I can tell you is DO NOT ATTEND this school. This is the worst school you can go to, and they have had so many accredidation problems, they should shut it down! Dont waiste the $32000 they will charge you!

52 months ago

hrprofessional in Montclair, New Jersey said: I am an independent recruiter for healthcare facilities and have been seeking experienced Surgical Technicians for a while now. I would love to give a recent graduate with some experience an opportunity - but - businesses want and need at least 2 years of experience - focused in their specialty. If anyone out there in the Northern New Jersey area is a Surgical Tech with experience in orthopedic procedures, I would love to speak with them.

Yes I am a new graduate. I have 7 months experience in General Surgery, Ortho, Neuro, and Vascular. I am looking forward to speaking with you. Please attach your e mail address. Thanks in advance.

52 months ago

fedup tech said: Discouraged

I just went on indeedjobs.com and did a quick search. I entered the following info

surgical and tech and new and grad

Just like that. I left the city blank. i can't sort through them but perhaps you may be interested in checking them out. I don't know if they provide relocation assistance, but unfortunately, I have a condo (really a shoebox) so I'm stuck in NY for a while :(

I found at least 2 hospitals who CLAIM that they would consider new grads, and I didn't even look at everything on the first page. One place was in WI and the other was in TX. Tere are 2 more pages to sort. I can't go through them but you MAY find more possibilities. I would have provided the link to the 2 sites but apparently indeed thinks that it's a cuss or some vulgar language.

If there are a lot of typos sorry but I have to get some sleep

Hope this helps some.

Thanks so much. Yes I have done the same search. I have applied to hospitals in Texas and other states. Willing to relocate, whatever it takes to start my career. Hoping for something soon.

DOAM in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

discouraged surgical tech in East Orange, New Jersey said: Thanks so much. Yes I have done the same search. I have applied to hospitals in Texas and other states. Willing to relocate, whatever it takes to start my career. Hoping for something soon.

Besides TX, what other states have you applied too??? since you a willing to relocate try places were most people don't always post from and were ST are getting hired. we have 50 states so you have a lot to chose from. i would say names of states but i know if i do someone goin to say " i live in that state in i can get no work" and what not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.