Surgical Techs in NEW JERSEY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 247 of 247)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Ann in Forked River, New Jersey

66 months ago

To all ST's in NJ....we have entered the coolest job in the hospital and most of us busted our butts to go through our schools and extern sites. Don't let anyone steal your dream of doing this job. I'm an unemployed single mom just finished my externship and applying to everything related to OR (that I qualify for). I will not give up even if I have to take a OR cleanup job just to get my foot in the door. Anything important is worth the challenge. Too much negative going on in this forum. I know you all are proud to say your a surgical tech when someone asks you what you do and you love their reaction. So let's help each other get jobs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

kidonini@*****.*** in New York, New York

66 months ago

hi my name is maritza why don't you apply at NYP hospital in newyork

or st barnabas in nj i know they are hiring it very hard to get a job if dont have OR experience being there done that but keep trying dont give up """"""'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Hi Maritza, thank you for writing me! Love hearing from other techs. I did apply to St. Barnabas and all the surrounding hospitals so at least I have my application on file. There are a few jobs open and have applied. I'm not giving up. Ever. It's a tough time for everyone with this economy but I'll take a job in SPD part time if I have to (applied for those too) just to get my foot in the door. I wish we could look for jobs the old fashion way, take your resume into hospitals and surgical centers and ask if they are hiring and give them the resume. But everything is online and impersonal. Makes it more difficult. But we do what we have to.
Thanks again for writing me.
Kimberly

kidonini@*****.*** in New York, New York

66 months ago

hi kimberly have u consider to work for new york city hospital is called HHC metropolitan hospital center at 1901 first avenue new york, NY 10029
thats were i stared the salary is very low 31,000 a year i was there for 2 years they train me in all the services thanks to them iam so grateful I was able to get a good job i work for NYP hospital columbia in new york at 168st I had a excellent training there I DID ENT GYN PLASTICS, GENERAL ,GU, VASCULAR , ORTHO ,EYES, GI, LAPARASCOSPIC PROCEDURES PEDIATRICS GENERAL,AND GU, NEURO
hhc will hire u out of school without expirience good luck we keep in touch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Hey it's worth a try. I may be too far from NYC for them to consider me, but I want to work! I externed at a very good hospital and got the same training as you listed except Neuro, they didn't do that surgery at that Medical Center. Thanks for the advise! I'll keep you posted

debbiecst in Toms River, New Jersey

66 months ago

quofispocus in Newark, New Jersey said: What's your name. I graduated at UMDNJ in 91. I'm Kofi.

Debbie Tosi
was Ms Verpent and Mrs Mallard there when you went to school?

debbiecst in Toms River, New Jersey

66 months ago

Ann in Forked River, New Jersey said: Hey it's worth a try. I may be too far from NYC for them to consider me, but I want to work! I externed at a very good hospital and got the same training as you listed except Neuro, they didn't do that surgery at that Medical Center. Thanks for the advise! I'll keep you posted

Hi there..
There are plenty of sites out there that can give you alerts to who's hiring..example of one is JACOB PEEPLES sign in it's FREE, pick the states you want to be alerted about and just go from there another is MONSTER JOB SEARCH I know that Paul Kimble is hiring in Lakewood, or they were, Morristown Memorial is as well..

KPoku in Colonia, New Jersey

66 months ago

Jimmy in Brooklyn, New York said: thanks for that reply. I am feeling better now. Do you ever get stressed out? or is the reward of helping someone that balances the issue? Those ST's who are working, Do they ever feel like they should be getting paid much more for the work that they do? I know that starting salary is like about 12 $/h?

No ST earns $12.00

The rate I was making after 14 years of ST in Manhattan was $37.45 an hour.
There was a time that I made over $80,000.00 a year working independently for an agency.

I retired from the Operating Room at 48 to go into teaching.

OR Tech pay varies. It's a technical job, the more you learn the more you know.

Lazy techs are always afraid to learn.

NINA PARKER in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

st barnabas hospital never call you back. I wonder why they even have an ad posted and never call back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Jackson, New Jersey

63 months ago

colleen in Middletown, New Jersey said: Has anyone attended the The School of Medical Technology in East Brunswick for Surgical Tech? If so, how did you like it and did they place you?

Hi I just came across your post. I graduated from there in November . Did you go to the school? I just got hired at Monmouth Medical in Endo.

Jenny_Jenny in Riverside, New Jersey

63 months ago

He all, I am interested in getting into a ST program in southern NJ, but can't seem to find one that is accredited in my area. Is there something I'm missing? I went to the CAAHEP website and did a search but nothing close to me came up. Can anyone help me? I'd also consider the Philadelphia area, as I am closer to Philadelphia than I am to North Jerey.

fliagastellu@*****.*** in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

I'm really concern about our profession. They are so manny schools with surgical technologist programs, and they are giving false promeses for job placement, they did not have the power to promese that because at this moment is a lot of techs comparing to job market.That have nothing to do with your experience or not. they are not openings and so many of us. Good luck to everybody,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sam0913 in Newton, New Jersey

59 months ago

bigragu213 in Bloomfield, New Jersey said: I am contemplating going to Dover Business School in Clifton for ST. Has anyone gone there? If so, what did you think? They offer job placement don't they help you get a job????

i just graduated from the dover campus as a surg tech and i am struggling to find a job..everyone want you to have at least 2yrs experience in the field..it suck but its an ok school. they havent been very elpful at all with job placement.

fliagastellu@*****.*** in Brooklyn, New York

59 months ago

I'm really happy that you want to go to school and I dont have anything again technical schools, but reality is we have so many techs graduating every eigth to ten months wich make inpossible to get job placement for everyone, is not jobs available. With the large amount of money require to pay for this courses you can pay for nursing school and if you want to work in the operating room they will train you for free.Nurses are required everywere, and they will hire you right after graduation. Don't take me wrong I'm a surgical technologist and a very proud one, but in this economy people is using money they dont have ands the results are not going to be the spected one. Sorry you dont have to listen to me but THIS IS THE REALITY.

Krzztell in Clifton, New Jersey

53 months ago

Sandy said: Hello...I was wondering if anybody is attending or recently graduated from Star Technical Institute. I am seriously thinking of enrolling in the Surgical Technology program and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I know you posted this awhile ago, but you want to make sure the ST program you apply to is CAAHEP accredited! If it is not, you are wasting your time, as almost all employers are looking for it! If you are still looking and havent started yet, shoot me an email krzztell@yahoo.com ...i can get you a few accredited ST programs

Sandy in Lavallette, New Jersey

53 months ago

Hi
Thanks ...I have since graduated from OR Tech school and am now working. I have yet to get into the OR as an OR Tech but I am in the OR a lot as an Endo Tech. I have not given up and the resume and application process is a never ending chore but I soon hope to see the inside of the OR as an OR Tech.

Julie in Sacramento, California

53 months ago

I am currently working in the CS dept. of a hospital , but would like to go on and become a ST. Can anyone give me the names of some online schools where I can get the ST training? I don't have the money to fork over what other ST schools are demanding.

quofispocus in Carteret, New Jersey

53 months ago

ST courses are expensive everywhere these days. I think it's better to upgrade yourself by doing an Associate degree in health administration and looking up to become a Supervisor or Manager of central sterile processing. With Bachelors, you may become a Director. I see a brighter future in Sterile Processing than I do for ST, because there are more levels of advancement than ST. I'm a CST who holds a Masters degree and decided to switch to Central Sterile. I'm enjoying a good position now with my CRCST.

myriam in Wharton, New Jersey

53 months ago

Good for you, never give up, middtime you are getting experience and confidence. Best of luck to you

myriam in Wharton, New Jersey

53 months ago

I'm CST for the last seven years, live in NJ, something a just learn, don't just send your resume, be neat and sincere. Ask any proffessional did you know for a reference letter, somebody who knows you!even if you work in different enviroment before. Maybe a previous manager, that will give them the idea of what kind the person you are.

myriam CST in Wharton, New Jersey

53 months ago

totally agreed, be sure about the school. Is a lot of money involve, guys be really carefull. A lot of school ofering the program now but not all validated. Best of luck!!!

quofispocus in Clifton, New Jersey

53 months ago

do not under rate sterile processing and use it as a stepping stone. There are more advancement in sterile processing than ST. I was St for many years until I found out that ST will always remain ST, no room for promotion to another level aside of upgrading to first assistant. Only one hospital in NY has ST managers. In sterile processing you have advancement to supervisor, assistant manager, manager, coordinator, assistant director, director. The director of SPD in NY makes over $90,000.00. ST's must look into this potential area rather than thinking that it's stepping stone for transfer to the OR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Myriam CST in Wharton, New Jersey

53 months ago

I'm very happy with the imformation, you had just provided.

Myriam CST in Wharton, New Jersey

53 months ago

Is a site name NJAASC is a association of Centers and they post their opening positions. Good luck

Jen in Aston, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

We are currently looking for Per Diem Surgical Technologists at a Surgical center in south Jersey. We do a range of Surgical Specialties from Endo to Ortho, Eyes, General, GYN and others. Would prefer an experienced Scrub, depending on previous Training might consider someone right out of school. If you know anyone please respond to this. Thanks!

CST in Forked River, New Jersey

51 months ago

hrprofessional in Montclair, New Jersey said: I am an independent recruiter for healthcare facilities and have been seeking experienced Surgical Technicians for a while now. I would love to give a recent graduate with some experience an opportunity - but - businesses want and need at least 2 years of experience - focused in their specialty. If anyone out there in the Northern New Jersey area is a Surgical Tech with experience in orthopedic procedures, I would love to speak with them.

I am a CST and live in the South Jersey area, do you know of any jobs in my area. I'm currently an instructor and am looking to get back into the OR. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

51 months ago

DiscouragedNewbie in Spring Lake, New Jersey said: They are accredited by the ACCST...Does that count for anything?

The school must have CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation to take the national certifying exam from the NBSTSA. The only exam you can get from an ACCST school is a competency exam. It's not the same and now the law states that you must have either gone to a CAAHEP or ABHES school or have your CST to be employed in the state of NJ. This law was signed by the governor on December 22, 2011.

51 months ago

Debbie in Toms River, New Jersey said: I've been a CST for a very long time at the start of my career in the early 90's I worked at a hospital in Ocean County for close to 10 years before moving on to becoming a clinical co-ordinator/instructor, as well as a "traveling" tech for the past 6 years, I've worked at 2 schools in northern NJ with campuses in Jersey City, Belleville, and Bloomfield. I graduated one of the BEST tech schools in NJ,UMDNJ which is no longer in existence i'm sorry to say. The reason I left my position as an Instructor is because ALL these schools LIE to their applicants upon their sign up to the program..an example of some of the lies that these poor kids are told are
1. 100 hours is enough in their clinical experience ( I graduated with 900 hours)
2. You'll make a HUGE income when you graduate (average pay starting out is about 25-
35K)
3. Help with finding employment (never saw that happen)
When I applied to UMDNJ, they would not accept applications unless you had all pre-nursing college pre-req's ie: algebra 1&2, General Pysc., English 1&2 etc. Today only a GED is a pre-req to get into these dime a dozen schools. I'm passionate about my profession and STILL love what I do even after all these years, but i'm not surprised that my profession has taken such a drastic turn for the worst because of the schooling out there, and i couldn't be a part of the lies any longer when i was instructing my students and thats the reason I left...I could go on and on, but i'm sure all of you reading get my drift. You know what the sad part about our profession is?? Hair-dressers need a license to do hair, but Surgical Tech's who assist with the surgery, that are in the trenches, in the belly of the beast, we can ONLY be certified!

I'm currently an instructor at one of these "dime a dozen" schools and I'm disgusted. I feel like I'm part of the problem. I need to get out. I want to go back to what I truly love, being scrubbed.

51 months ago

Debbie CST in Toms River, New Jersey said: Debbie Tosi
was Ms Verpent and Mrs Mallard there when you went to school?

I also went to UMDNJ. I graduated in '99. I loved Ms Verpent and Mrs Mallard! They scared me but I loved them.

51 months ago

Jen in Aston, Pennsylvania said: We are currently looking for Per Diem Surgical Technologists at a Surgical center in south Jersey. We do a range of Surgical Specialties from Endo to Ortho, Eyes, General, GYN and others. Would prefer an experienced Scrub, depending on previous Training might consider someone right out of school. If you know anyone please respond to this. Thanks!

If it were full time I would be VERY interested. I live in South Jersey and have more than 12 years experience and am certified. I have a great deal of experience in eyes. I am currently working as an instructor. If you are interested in hiring a full timer please respond to this. Thank you!

mfischer4 in Blackwood, New Jersey

51 months ago

Jen in Aston, Pennsylvania said: We are currently looking for Per Diem Surgical Technologists at a Surgical center in south Jersey. We do a range of Surgical Specialties from Endo to Ortho, Eyes, General, GYN and others. Would prefer an experienced Scrub, depending on previous Training might consider someone right out of school. If you know anyone please respond to this. Thanks!

Hi, Jen. I would be very interested in this postion. I could forward my information and other information. I graduated in 2010 and I am a TS-C(ncct). Thank you for your help, Michelle

bruce rosen in East Brunswick, New Jersey

51 months ago

I have a need for an experienced Surgical Technologist in NJ on a temp- perm basis. If you have experience in this arena please send me your resume for consideration

Bruce Rosen
Medical Staffing Services/ Rotator Staffing Services
brosen@rotator.net

Dahani in Ocean County, New Jersey

51 months ago

"I'm currently an instructor at one of these "dime a dozen" schools and I'm disgusted. I feel like I'm part of the problem. I need to get out. I want to go back to what I truly love, being scrubbed."

I Go to one of the schools and, while educationally valuable, this is so only due to study and the core textbook. The main Instructor is Bi-polar, hostile, many times unprepared, and treat the brightest students the worst, while coddling those who put in the least effort. Having been attending professional schools for Two decades (Can't give away too much). I can say with conviction it has been the most stressful, hostile experince I have ever endured including Bootcamp! Mindgames and paranoia based on deep seated insecurites, and Im no shrink!

Free advise to those of you who are smart enough to reseach here before diving in .. Not only do you need to research the scool but please, for your own benifit, look into the Instructors! They say our night Inst. is really really good, what a shame...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dahani in Ocean County, New Jersey

51 months ago

I'm sorry, one correction...I went to one of those schools, Just took the boards a few months ago...

Elisa

49 months ago

chelsea30 in Riverdale, Illinois said: Welcome to the club people I graduated in 07 and it will be a year in august and I have student loans to pay off this is going on everywhere. This should be made known everywhere to prevent people from pursuing a career as a surgical tech and waisting their time and money or hospitals should get sued for discrimination against new grads and every school that is offering a surgical tech program should also get sued if the student does not find a job within 6 months.

Hey, I know this was written a while back but I'm interested to know if u found a job as a surgical tech? I'm looking and have been researching this career for awhile now and want to know if their has been any progress in your part.
Thanks
Elisa

medicalstaffingservices in East Brunswick, New Jersey

45 months ago

Seeking Experienced Surgical Tech's for per diem/contract and temp- perm opportunities!!

Central and Northern, NJ!!

Contact Rachel at Medical Staffing Services for more details!

rachel@medstaffservices.com

mgonzalez in Hialeah, Florida

35 months ago

Surgical tech with 6 years of experience in .OB/GYM, EMT, GENERAL, OPHTHALMOLOGY, PLASTICS/COSMETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, UROLOGY, GENITOURINARY, ORTHO/NEURO SPINE,THORACIC / PERIPHERAL VASCULAR, ENDO VASCULAR, PODIATRY, PAIN MANAGEMENT, GYM ONCOLOGY/UROLOGY/THORACIC ROBOTIC Surgerys
Working at this moment in miami fl, looking to relocate to New york in a few months,looking for a permanet position ,bilingual spanish/english

ArizonaBoy in United States minor outlying islands

35 months ago

Anyone have information about surgical tech salary in New Jersey, can someone check and confirm these salary information: www.surgicaltechsalarydata.com/surgical-tech-salary-in-new-jersey/

NJmommy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Can anyone guide me in the direction of a School in NJ with a surgical tec program. I live in South Jersey.

Thanks

discouraged in East Orange NJ in Paterson, New Jersey

27 months ago

Hello Everyone!!! I havent posted to this forum in 4 years. Glad that its still up. I just want to say that my persistence paid off. I finally was able to land a job at the hospital where I did my clinicals. I started in Central Supply until they had an opening in the Main O.R. Then I transferred to the O.R Wow who would believe that was 4 years ago? I am still currently working there. I just want to say to all of my fellow CST....DONT GIVE UP!!!!You can do this. Hang in there:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

discouraged in East Orange NJ in Paterson, New Jersey

27 months ago

mgonzalez in Hialeah, Florida said: Surgical tech with 6 years of experience in .OB/GYM, EMT , GENERAL , OPHTHALMOLOGY, PLASTICS/COSMETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, UROLOGY, GENITOURINARY, ORTHO/NEURO SPINE,THORACIC / PERIPHERAL VASCULAR, ENDO VASCULAR, PODIATRY, PAIN MANAGEMENT, GYM ONCOLOGY/UROLOGY/THORACIC ROBOTIC Surgerys
Working at this moment in miami fl, looking to relocate to New york in a few months,looking for a permanet position , bilingual spanish /english

Hello mgonzalez. Have you tried Mount Sinai in Manhattan? You should. They are hiring now.

sixxblue in Neptune, New Jersey

26 months ago

Currently, looking to get hire as a surgical tech I passed the ncct test for 6 months now. I'm not getting no phone calls back or a got job interview please help.

doam in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

sixxblue in Neptune, New Jersey said: Currently, looking to get hire as a surgical tech I passed the ncct test for 6 months now. I'm not getting no phone calls back or a got job interview please help.
Can you relocate? just asking cause that will be your best bet.

sixxblue in Neptune, New Jersey

26 months ago

DOAM in Houston, Texas said: Can you relocate? just asking cause that will be your best bet.

Where do I have to relocate.

doam in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

sixxblue in Neptune, New Jersey said: Where do I have to relocate.

since you have your NCCT cert. i know for a fact a few hospitals out here take it. New Mexico and Nebraska always has openings for new grad techs that have there cert. I also read Alaska is a good place for new STs too. must not for get rural areas. you have a a good chance to get hired in a rural areas.

Ashley Wilgus in Ocean Gate, New Jersey

25 months ago

CST in Forked River, New Jersey said: I also went to UMDNJ. I graduated in '99. I loved Ms Verpent and Mrs Mallard! They scared me but I loved them.

Hi. My name is Ashley. I see you graduated UMDNJ in '99. So did I! Who are you? I would love to get I. Touch with anyone from my class. We all went separate ways and I always wonder how everyone is doing. My email is loudbrook3@aol.com. Please email me!

Ashley Wilgus in Ocean Gate, New Jersey

25 months ago

Dahani in Ocean County, New Jersey said: "I'm currently an instructor at one of these "dime a dozen" schools and I'm disgusted. I feel like I'm part of the problem. I need to get out. I want to go back to what I truly love, being scrubbed."

I Go to one of the schools and, while educationally valuable, this is so only due to study and the core textbook. The main Instructor is Bi-polar, hostile, many times unprepared, and treat the brightest students the worst, while coddling those who put in the least effort. Having been attending professional schools for Two decades (Can't give away too much). I can say with conviction it has been the most stressful, hostile experince I have ever endured including Bootcamp! Mindgames and paranoia based on deep seated insecurites, and Im no shrink!

Free advise to those of you who are smart enough to reseach here before diving in .. Not only do you need to research the scool but please, for your own benifit, look into the Instructors! They say our night Inst. is really really good, what a shame...

I don't know who you are but I know you know who I am. And I'm so sorry for whatever you've gone through. I hope you are doing well now. I really hope I can get out of there soon!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.