Traveling overseas as a surgical tech.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Reese B in Hinesville, Georgia

28 months ago

To find travel assignments overseas, the USA & Islands, do a search for recruiting companies. I was a traveler for many years & loved it. My advice is to read reviews on any company you are considering accepting a contract from. Make sure that the contract includes travel pay & housing, good overtime & on call pay, completion bonus as well as an hourly rate that makes it worthwhile to travel. Travel assignments can be very lucrative, you get to see many different places & meet interesting people. That is the up side, the down side is that there are people who do not like travelers just because of the money they make so make sure you have a thick skin around those people & remember, it isn't personal, it is just their perception as a whole. I have had a few say things, if I answer them at all it is to say that they can travel too. Most travelers are on assignments without the benefit of having their families with them, that is something to think about. Never disclose your wages to anyone, that is a sure way to get dropped. As far as the type of cases, make sure you are really up on ortho, vascular & general surgeries, since those are the ones you will see the most of, especially ortho. Check the site, Destiny Reef Global (www.destinyreef.com), they have listings from many different companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bethany27@comcast.net in Spokane, Washington

28 months ago

Thanks Reese for your imput.I'm not necessarily looking to travel. I am looking to relocate overseas somewhere and work permanently. I was unsure about the surgical techs play in the medical system in other countries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.