cant get a job!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

samantha in Alexandria, Virginia

74 months ago

I have recently graduated from an accredited program with almost 700 hours of experience. EVERYONE keeps telling me that I have to have more experience to get hired.... BUT WHERE AM I SUPPOSED to get the experience if no one will hire me! This is beyond frustrating. I even have a bachelors degree already AND im a CERTIFIED tech. I just have no idea what to do anymore :( Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

ds7476 in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

I finished a Surg Tech program in April and got my certification at the end of May. It hasn't been long for me, but I can see that most employers are wanting experienced techs. I have no idea how I am going to get my foot in the door.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

mark in Raton, New Mexico

73 months ago

I may have an opening if you are willing to relocate.
axgar@msn.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

vasurgtech in Richmond, Virginia

1 month ago

I want to add another scenario to the problem of being a surg tech...I was a top performing surg tech for almost 10 years at a level one trauma center, my managers talked me into take a different role in the OR, said it was a promotion, its wasnt. I then developed complex migraines that all but disabled me for several years. Its been 7 years since I scrubbed, and I cant find a job...despite being certified AND having 10 years of "not recent" experience. So much for devoting your life to a career ...you cant get in as newbie and youre discarded by your own. Its a cut throat world the OR

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.