how do you get experience when no one will give you a chance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

cert tech in Cedar Hill, Texas

49 months ago

I'm a 24 year old college student who took a detour out of my original studies to persue work as a surgical tech to pay my way through school. Well I finished the program, got my certification and still cant find work. I get very few call backs for jobs and when I do get callbacks, they tell me the same thing. " You have exceptional qualifications, but not enough experience." Im very frustrated, lost, and dont know what to do." I have enrolled back in school to complete my degree in the studies I originally went for but I'm having trouble making my bills. I have to do odd jobs just to make a paycheck. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

haley88 in Troy, Ohio

49 months ago

cert tech in Cedar Hill, Texas said: I'm a 24 year old college student who took a detour out of my original studies to persue work as a surgical tech to pay my way through school. Well I finished the program, got my certification and still cant find work. I get very few call backs for jobs and when I do get callbacks, they tell me the same thing. " You have exceptional qualifications, but not enough experience." Im very frustrated, lost, and dont know what to do." I have enrolled back in school to complete my degree in the studies I originally went for but I'm having trouble making my bills. I have to do odd jobs just to make a paycheck. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!

Hello, I am not familiar with the surgical tech industry, but this is where you have to sell yourself at the job interview. It is very tough getting the 1st job, but you have to keep trying & learn as much as possible about interviewing skills. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cert tech in Cedar Hill, Texas

49 months ago

haley88 in Troy, Ohio said: Hello, I am not familiar with the surgical tech industry, but this is where you have to sell yourself at the job interview. It is very tough getting the 1st job, but you have to keep trying & learn as much as possible about interviewing skills. Good Luck.

Thanks for the input, I will take that into consideration and put forth more effort and energy in my next interview. When I get one that is. lol

TGGR5000 in Knoxville, Tennessee

49 months ago

cert tech in Cedar Hill, Texas said: Thanks for the input, I will take that into consideration and put forth more effort and energy in my next interview. When I get one that is. lol

Please send me your contact information via email, I would like to speak to you about your career goals, etc.

a.haynes(AT SYMBOL)nviewhs.com
(substitute the @ symbol for (AT SYMBOL) above)

ThatGirl07 in Apopka, Florida

20 months ago

cert tech in Cedar Hill, Texas said: I'm a 24 year old college student who took a detour out of my original studies to persue work as a surgical tech to pay my way through school. Well I finished the program, got my certification and still cant find work. I get very few call backs for jobs and when I do get callbacks, they tell me the same thing. " You have exceptional qualifications, but not enough experience." Im very frustrated, lost, and dont know what to do." I have enrolled back in school to complete my degree in the studies I originally went for but I'm having trouble making my bills. I have to do odd jobs just to make a paycheck. WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!

OMG I'm so glad you wrote this!!!! I was about to do the same thing! I'm 23 years old and in college. I was thinking about going into surgical technology temporarily to help me pay for my classes. I think I'll choose another technical certificate. I hope things eventually turned out okay for you....

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.