How to get more customers?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

UncleSamExpress in Boise, Idaho

55 months ago

I am starting a tax preparation company. I have worked for Liberty Tax as the general manager and I have worked for a CPA firm. I have a degree in accounting and am currently a Masters of Taxation Grad Student. I wanted to get this business started and my goal this season is to get a lot of clients and get things buzzing. Does anyone have any good tactics they have used to get customers in the door or have a preferred method of advertising, or if you do something unique, I would love some suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck McCabe in Richmond, Virginia

55 months ago

You might consider getting the "Tax Business Marketing Handbook" available from The Income Tax School, which includes many marketing strategies and tactics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Professional Tax Preparer in Wesley Chapel, Florida

55 months ago

Direct mail works the best for me, but you have to do it in mass quantities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Has anyone used Valpak? Does it work well for you? I feel like there are a lot of other tax preparers in it, but it is very cost effective for the number of people it goes to and I know I look at those coupons all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Chuck McCabe in Richmond, Virginia said: You might consider getting the "Tax Business Marketing Handbook" available from The Income Tax School, which includes many marketing strategies and tactics.

I don't buy a book unless it's rated on Amazon or referred by a friend, please don't advertise here, also you may want to give some samples on your website of your marketing tips, it could help sell more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck McCabe in Richmond, Virginia

55 months ago

Actually, you can find free articles in the Resources section of The Income Tax School website with tips for tax business owners on various topics. I also manage a LinkedIn Group called Tax Business Owners of America where tax business owners, including me, provide advice and information to help one-another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

shay in London, United Kingdom

30 months ago

SO... how's the business??? I am thinking of starting one in a few years after my work experience and I want to know how will your doing after 25 months! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.