NEED A SECOND OPENION SOMEONE HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

GEORGE KENNEDY in Ghana

93 months ago

I will be very happy to get a second openion on this quetion i read in a magazine the quetion :SENDING MORE THAN ONE SIGNAL OVER A TELECOMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL SIMULTAINEOUSLY WOULD MOST LIKELY UTILIZE A A
A)MULTIPLEXER and DEMULTIPLEXER
D)MODEM AND DEMODEM.

Can someone help me pls which of the two is most likely to be used for simultaineouse tramsmission.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bubba in Fullerton, California

93 months ago

Mux vs Modem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplexer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modem

Good luck. Africa needs telecom infrastructure pretty badly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Abdiel in George Town, Cayman Islands

89 months ago

GEORGE KENNEDY in Ghana said: I will be very happy to get a second openion on this quetion i read in a magazine the quetion :SENDING MORE THAN ONE SIGNAL OVER A TELECOMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL SIMULTAINEOUSLY WOULD MOST LIKELY UTILIZE A A
D)MODEM AND DEMODEM.

Can someone help me pls which of the two is most likely to be used for simultaineouse tramsmission.thanks

The correct answer would be Multiplexer and demultiplexer

Anil Kumar in Armadale, Australia

88 months ago

GEORGE KENNEDY in Ghana said: I will be very happy to get a second openion on this quetion i read in a magazine the quetion :SENDING MORE THAN ONE SIGNAL OVER A TELECOMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL SIMULTAINEOUSLY WOULD MOST LIKELY UTILIZE A A
D)MODEM AND DEMODEM.

Mux can transmit simultaneously one or more apps. modem can only send one simultaneous transmission.

J.C. Lynch in Carrollton, Texas

73 months ago

D)MODEM AND DEMODEM.

I am a Transmission/Transport Engineer by trade. The Multplexer is used to transport multiple signals. A mux can be as small as and OC3 (a little over 2,000 people talking simultaneously) and as large as and OC192 (a little over 129,,000 people talking simultaneously) The OC's transport their signal over four fiber glass cables. Transmit and receive "West" and "East". These mux's typically are on a fiber ring. Small as an OC3 in a downtown eviroment, an OC192 which may have been constructed thruough many states.

George K, Ken. in Accra, Ghana

73 months ago

This site has been very helpful to me,and i must say i am very grateful to all my coleague technicians and my seniors too.
I JUST COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA IN TELECOMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN COURSE WITH AN ONLINE SCHOOL IN THE US,AND HAVE WANTED TO FURTHER IT BY TAKING THE DEGREE,BUT UNFORTUNATLY,THE SCHOOL HAS STOPED OFFERING COURSES TO GHANA.
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIND AN ONLINE SCHOOL(TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR ELECTRONICS TRANSMISSION.) IN THE US,OR AUSTRALIA THAT OFFERS COURSES ONLINE TO AFRICA,
PLEASE I NEED IT BADLY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

moses in Blantyre, Malawi

57 months ago

Multiplexer does combination of more channels(baseband) into a broadband and transmit them as a single channel and at the rx end demux does the reverse

panic726 in Saint Albert, Alberta

52 months ago

D)MODEM AND DEMODEM.

It depends on your capacity need actually. Modems will be sufficient for short haul, low capacity transmission. Mux (multiplexers) are ideal for long haul higer capacity transmission. Other options would be Wifi or wireless IP and microwave point to point transmission. Hope this is helpful.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.