starting a new tow truck business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 161)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

GabrielCalilosAngeles in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington said: by the way how much experience do you have? I am currently writing a ebook about starting your own towing business and it will show you everything except repo's and impound yards. I will send you a copy when I am done if you want.

I would like to have a copy of your book, just tell me how much it will cost me, this is my email address. Gabrielytu@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

Gabriel,

It's not a book but a online towing training business course for $29.95 with a money back guarantee. You can sign up at howtotow.com and then you will be redirected to the members area. If for some reason you were not redirected immediately after payment contact me by email from the email address on the site previously mentioned and I will send you a link ASAP.

Best Regards,

Wally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

Here's the link to obtain a federal tax id number online. Another name for it is EIN or Employer Identification nnumber

www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98350,00.html

Also your when registering for a state business license or federal tax id number make sure that .GOV is listed somewhere in your web browsers address bar so that you know that it is not a scammers fraudulent site.

For WA State business license the link is www.dol.wa.gov/business/ and yours states link should also have .gov in the address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

DMV towing in Woodbridge, Virginia said: for Old Tow Guy, I have been solo for about three years. I'm having a bit of troubl eexpanding. Mot because of the money but becuase I dont have the buisness to keep two or more truck rolling. Anyhow I know all the how to's of loading and unloading vehicles. So do you think its any other info in your course that i could benifit from?

Thanks for the question DMV.

There is other information in my course that you could benefit from such as the motor clubs phone numbers and addresses. If you need to keep two trucks rolling I would suggest signing up with as many motor clubs or roadside assistance companies as you can. The motorclubs will send you more work than local or retail accounts. They do not pay as well but they will make up for it in quanity and hopefully pay your bills.

Since you have been a owner operator for a few years and have experience I don't know exactly what infomation in my course you could benefit from. There is about 18 different topics and even trailer building plans.

DMV Send me your email to: support@howtotow.com and I will send you a link to access the members area and view the information for free. If you find it useful then you can go to howtotow.com to sign up or pay for the membership.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DMV towing in Woodbridge, Virginia

33 months ago

for old tow guy, yes i have seen your link and most likely will purchase especially since you have responded. I'm am currently with several motorclubs and there are a few that i am having trouble getting with. I have a couple of questions for you if you would like to lend an ear send me your e-mail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

DMV towing in Woodbridge, Virginia said: for old tow guy, yes i have seen your link and most likely will purchase especially since you have responded. I'm am currently with several motorclubs and there are a few that i am having trouble getting with. I have a couple of questions for you if you would like to lend an ear send me your e-mail.

For DMV. I sent you my email in the last message. support@howtotow.com

I am more than happy to help if I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dvau111 in Summerdale, Alabama

33 months ago

Can anyone help me with a little info. Looking at buying a rollback for my car lot and possible towing business. I have found an international 4700 with a 19 1/2 ft. steel bed and lift. Will this 19 1/2ft. Bed limit the type vehicle I can tow? Been told I need a 21 1/2 ft. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

dvau111 in Summerdale, Alabama said: Can anyone help me with a little info. Looking at buying a rollback for my car lot and possible towing business. I have found an international 4700 with a 19 1/2 ft. steel bed and lift. Will this 19 1/2ft. Bed limit the type vehicle I can tow? Been told I need a 21 1/2 ft. Any advice?

I use a hydraulic tilt trailer flatbed where the actual loading lenth is 19 feet and I am still able to load extended cab pick up trucks, however the rear axle of the pick up is pretty close to the rear edge and there is a little overhang of the rear of the vehicle. It has not been a problem though and have been using it for over 13 years and tow everything up to one ton.

You should be good to go with 19 1/2 feet. Just make sure the truck is mechanically sound. Have the seller agree to let you have it inspected by a professional prior to purchase. I am sure the mechanic will find issues and then you can negotiate on the price. If the seller declines then he is probably hiding something. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

Just one more thing dvau11, You might want to do a test and Load a extended cab truck on the tow truck just to make sure you are personally comfortable with the length.

I don't know what year the tow truck is but check with your insurance company regarding the rates due to the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana

33 months ago

I am starting a new small towing buisness here in indiana. I have been in the Towing & recovery buisness for well over 15 yrs. I own a '01 f350 4x4 1-ton dually superduty supercab with a orginal minute man lift. I have a very good setup with my truck motorcyle attachment, 5th wheel attachment, video cam system, the works the truck is loaded & I own it clear. Now here is my problem ... Im broke! lol I dont have the money to get my insurance started on it, to get dollies & gojaks for it. or add a few strobes that i want to it. I have a great buisness plan will be offering 24/7 365 complete road service, including up to 15% repo. now that you know about me & my buisness here is my question. I am looking for the cheapest insurance rate for a indiana tow truck. the cheapest place to buy good selfloading dollies & gojaks besides awdirect & gojak? who would offer a loan to help me get this started I am only about $2000 short of what i need to complete my buisness needs. Email me and let me know. finalnoticerepo@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana said: I am starting a new small towing buisness here in indiana. I have been in the Towing & recovery buisness for well over 15 yrs. I own a '01 f350 4x4 1-ton dually superduty supercab with a orginal minute man lift. I have a very good setup with my truck motorcyle attachment, 5th wheel attachment, video cam system, the works the truck is loaded & I own it clear. Now here is my problem ... Im broke! lol I dont have the money to get my insurance started on it, to get dollies & gojaks for it. or add a few strobes that i want to it. I have a great buisness plan will be offering 24/7 365 complete road service, including up to 15% repo. now that you know about me & my buisness here is my question. I am looking for the cheapest insurance rate for a indiana tow truck. the cheapest place to buy good selfloading dollies & gojaks besides awdirect & gojak? who would offer a loan to help me get this started I am only about $2000 short of what i need to complete my buisness needs. Email me and let me know. finalnoticerepo@yahoo.com

What do the banks say when you apply for credit?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana

33 months ago

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington said: What do the banks say when you apply for credit?

trying to stay clear of the banks but probably going there monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

33 months ago

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana said: trying to stay clear of the banks but probably going there monday.

Yeah I hear ya but it sounds like your best choice if you can get a low interest rate on a credit card. Besides you state you will work 24/7 and should not be a problem to pay back fast. You might want to check out towingmentor.com/store for prices for the gojacks and other towing equipment you might be looking for.

Good luck on the loan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

guss in San Leandro, California

32 months ago

then save your money and open up a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana

32 months ago

UPDATE: Since last post I have gotten a good used set of Collins selfloading dollies, a good used set of 6200 gojaks, & strobes have been ordered. I went with Progressive Commercial insurance with state mim liability which is $750K liability $314 a mo. <~~ ouch .. now i just need to get my state Authority, DOT#, & get my truck lettered & I will be good to go minus some fuel. lol But anyways in doing all this i have put myself in the whole now with the bank $500, & got bill collectors litterly knockin at the door, (cable company) all home bills are now due & or past due, so i got to come up with about $1500 to get everything in order. But I believe I am at the rock bottom so I am offering some of the local towing companies a lease/ sign-on option to help expand thier business while I try to build mine aswell in doing so I would propose running the lafayette area under thier DBA , Authority. & DOT#, in return, All they would have to do is pay me a salary, cover my fuel for thier calls. This way it helps me get going , helps them with thier overage, & gets my foot into doors for when i am ready to go on forward. so anyways tell me what you think, good idea, bad idea etc.. I want to hear what everyone has to say about it. you can post it here or email me directly at Finalnoticerepo@yahoo.com If i dont get my business going like i have always wanted to since i was a kid, well there goes a truely crushed dream. if that happens then I will put my truck up for sale $11K fully dressed & loaded ready to go to work. w/ all equipment,dollies, gojaks, computer system, camera system,etc..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

32 months ago

It was suppose to say sign up with as many motor clubs as you can but somehow got deleted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana

32 months ago

I wish i could of only go with $500k but Indiana state liability for for-hire towing is $750k liablity. I have spent most of the day signing up for motor clubs actually, I have applied to asurion, allstate, crosscountry, gieco roadside, signature group, & ERS. will apply to more once i can think of who all is out there I am forgetting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

32 months ago

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana said: I wish i could of only go with $500k but Indiana state liability for for-hire towing is $750k liablity. I have spent most of the day signing up for motor clubs actually, I have applied to asurion, allstate, crosscountry, gieco roadside, signature group, & ERS. will apply to more once i can think of who all is out there I am forgetting.

Well it sounds like you will do ok then. Also Try NAC and QUEST. Geico may take awhile as It literally took me a year to go through their background check. Signature is owned by Allstate. Sign up with rental car agencies if you have a airport nearby and try to land some major car dealership accounts. Transmission shops are great to contract with. AAmco is always towing cars in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana

32 months ago

ok sounds good, I will look into NAC & Quest, I actually have some ties with avis rentals at the airport here. lol & I was just think about Aamco earlier today, hadnt had a chance to get out there to them yet. thanks for your help. Im sure things will get better eventually but its a very rough start & nobodywill give ya the time of day to help out a new buisness when you have bad credit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

32 months ago

Final Notice Towing & Recovery in West Lafayette, Indiana said: ok sounds good, I will look into NAC & Quest, I actually have some ties with avis rentals at the airport here. lol & I was just think about Aamco earlier today, hadnt had a chance to get out there to them yet. thanks for your help. Im sure things will get better eventually but its a very rough start & nobodywill give ya the time of day to help out a new buisness when you have bad credit.

It does take some patience and time to startup a towing business. Rome wasn't built in a day. It looks like you are doing all the right things and trying to make the phone ring. It won't be long and the money will start flowing and then you can relax a little once your caught up on the bills and then smile because you know you have made your dreams a reality and living for yourself and not someone else. Cheers my friend!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

31 months ago

Hey Guys and Gals I have invented a new product that will definately help you to unlock a car or vehicle at night or a vehicle with tinted windows. I didn't see any real good products on the market so I designed and applied for a patent on a suction cup mount flashlight holder that will enable you to unlock a car or vehicle hands free without the need to hold the flashlight or ask a customer to stand out in the rain with you just to hold your flashlight. It really is a great product. I made two different styles. The later style with a heavy duty suction cup. Here's the kicker! The flashlight holder comes with a powerful LED 500 lumens flashlight with 3 modes of operation, High, Normal and Flashing, built in charger with charging adapters for your vehicle and the house. Also comes with two rechargeable 18650 lithium batteries. No need to take the batteries out to charge and no need to buy batteries ever again for your flashlight. This flashlight is super bright and will shine for several hundred feet. Check out the two different styles. I have several in stock right now awaiting your order. I accept Paypal via my website and I ship USPS Priority mail 2-3 days shipping. Visit flashlightkit.com for more information. Enjoy!

Old Tow Guy
Wally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris.horsepower junkie in Louisville, Kentucky

31 months ago

dan said: I LIVE IN A RESORT AREA 40 MILES WEST OF AUSTIN , TX. THERE ARE APPROX. 9 TOW TRUCK COMPANIES IN THE SURROUNDING AREA.IS THIS TO MANY TO COMPETE WITH?
I HAVE THE FUNDS TO BUY ROLLBACK , IMPOUND LOT ETC.WHAT DO THINK.

My name is Chris and I from Louisville ky I have the know how to run a very profitable tow truck company and all I need is a partner have you thought about relocating

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThorDBD in Lincoln, California

30 months ago

I recently closed down my design building & development company and relocated up to Northern California. Not really interested in restarting a construction company up here and looking to get into a more recession proof business. I have toyed with the thought of starting a towing and recovery business for a long time. From what I have read on here, money recommend starting a roadside assistance company first, then start towing and recovery. I am a very hard worker and very dedicated. I love helping people and working on cars. I have owned a business before so I know how to manage a business and market myself. I would be honored if somebody would be willing to give me some advice or mentor me??? I am really passionate about this and would really appreciate anyone willing to help with some good advice or mentoring. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

30 months ago

I need to know how to get a hold of you thorDBD so that I can send you some information that will help you in starting a independent towing business. The information I can post here is really limited. You can also check out some of my links on previous posts above. If you can somehow reply with how to get a hold of you then I try to help and answer your questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ThorDBD in Lincoln, California

30 months ago

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington said: I need to know how to get a hold of you thorDBD so that I can send you some information that will help you in starting a independent towing business. The information I can post here is really limited. You can also check out some of my links on previous posts above. If you can somehow reply with how to get a hold of you then I try to help and answer your questions.

You can get ahold of my at daveb_thordbd@yahoo.com. Any advice you have or ways to get grants would greatly help. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Quick keys in Mobile, Alabama

29 months ago

Check out www.1855umlocku.com for a great emergency roadside assistance business opportunity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

harleyunion683 in Canal Winchester, Ohio

28 months ago

Want to start a business have the money to buy a rollback need advice other than invest into someone else to do it and succeed in columbus ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oldtowguy in Auburn, Washington

28 months ago

harleyunion683 in Canal Winchester, Ohio said: Want to start a business have the money to buy a rollback need advice other than invest into someone else to do it and succeed in columbus ohio

You can go to howtotow.com for towing business information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Feldman in Apo

28 months ago

sean in Mount Holly, New Jersey said: no it is not what you need to do is offer a better service and lower rates then them with out cutting your chance of profit. i have been doing this for about ten years and know all the tricks to the trade. you can e-mail me at lehnercntrctng@aol.com if you need more advice

Hope this letter finds you in a good spirits. My name is Richard Feldman and at present I am in Afghanistan doing contract work for the us military. To make a long story short I plan on going into the Tow Truck business at the end of this year. I was hoping you could direct me in the right direction as to what are some good trucks to start off with? Was wondering new vs. Old. Conventional wrecker vs. a Roll back. Any advice would be appreciated. What kind of prices might I encounter with your company? Do do financing there as well? How much will insurance cost me and my Tow truck. What make and model of tow truck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Feldman in Apo

28 months ago

road-help.com in Las Vegas, Nevada said: anyone that does not have the funds to start but has the passion and maturity, email industryconsultant@road-help.com // the idea is to help you get going within this industry while running your own area. Your customer base would be customers of insurance and motorclub companies such as Geico and Allstate / Progressive and many others. We have the experience to teach you the services and believe me a tire change on a 30 ft recreational trailer with a single or dual axle can be simple if you know what you are doing and we have been doing this for years. So are you in? It is a lifestyle and anyone not being able to commit on a ON CALL basis 24 hrs 7 days even on holidays please look elsewhere.

i tried going to that web site to no end but with no success.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbt in Spanaway, Washington

28 months ago

Richard Feldman in Apo said: Hope this letter finds you in a good spirits. My name is Richard Feldman and at present I am in Afghanistan doing contract work for the us military. To make a long story short I plan on going into the Tow Truck business at the end of this year. I was hoping you could direct me in the right direction as to what are some good trucks to start off with? Was wondering new vs. Old. Conventional wrecker vs. a Roll back. Any advice would be appreciated. What kind of prices might I encounter with your company? Do do financing there as well? How much will insurance cost me and my Tow truck. What make and model of tow truck.

first thing talk to a mechanic. some people think a diesel engine is just broke in at 200k miles but that is not true on small diesel engines. small diesel engines are only good for about 200k miles .some people get more miles and some much less. it depends on how the previous owner took care of the truck. the new ones start at about 80k for new flatbed so i would start with a used truck with low miles . somewhere around 100-150k unless money is not a factor. the longest you can finace a new truck right now is 6 yrs with insurance and monthly paymet you are looking at over 2k a month before you put a driver in it. at an average of $100 a call you have to do 20 calls at a min just to pay for the truck.. not fuel or anything else. if you plan on motor clubs to make cash you will have to double the tow volume .. i see everyone talking about doing motor clubs to get there business going. i think that all the clubs do for you is where out your drivers and beat your trucks to death for little or no profit. i have done the clubs and found that i leave them for the new guys .. that puts them out of business fast. i do some overflow work for them and charge full rate and make them pay on the spot. in the past motor clubs screw the tow company and take for ever to pay and then short them in the end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbt in Spanaway, Washington

28 months ago

Richard Feldman in Apo said: i tried going to that web site to no end but with no success.

I think the motor clubs are the only ones making money . the towing companies need to stick together and get there rates up and stop under cutting each other. a call out for $28 for road service. what a joke . fuel is 4.50 per gallon and at 2am the driver makes 20-30 % commission on that . i think with the way the market is going we need to send them a message.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

28 months ago

jbt in Spanaway, Washington said: I think the motor clubs are the only ones making money . the towing companies need to stick together and get there rates up and stop under cutting each other. a call out for $28 for road service. what a joke . fuel is 4.50 per gallon and at 2am the driver makes 20-30 % commission on that . i think with the way the market is going we need to send them a message.

I whole heartily agree with you but unfortunately I don't see the system changing unless the motor clubs step up and raise their rates to their vendors. Ultimately the motor club member suffers along with the towing company due to these low rates and not meeting the cost of inflation, fuel prices etc.. If the motor club expects quality service they will have to pay quality rates. Customers and vendors will leave a motor club and join one that they can rely on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Inyo County Towing in Ridgecrest, California

28 months ago

Our International 4700, with cummins motor has 1/2 million miles and still running strong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

andres in Phoenix, Arizona

28 months ago

j in Pearl River, New York said: You got that right!

i feel you brother (:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Inyo County Towing in Ridgecrest, California

28 months ago

I've been doing this for 60 years....all my life, I grew up with it. I found myself starting from scratch 5 years ago, with zero money. Now is worth a lot, with 7 trucks, all police rotations, all programms except AAA. We doing OK, making enough to support us and 3 drivers. No payments on trucks, all paid off now. Just bought a 4 acre commercial property to move to.....as we been leasing for 5 years now. I agree, you must do it right, know what your doing, and you don't have to have a lot of money to start. Above all, be fair to the customers.

Janice
Inyo County Towing
California

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

28 months ago

Inyo County Towing in Ridgecrest, California said: I've been doing this for 60 years....all my life, I grew up with it. I found myself starting from scratch 5 years ago, with zero money. Now is worth a lot, with 7 trucks, all police rotations, all programms except AAA. We doing OK, making enough to support us and 3 drivers. No payments on trucks, all paid off now. Just bought a 4 acre commercial property to move to.....as we been leasing for 5 years now. I agree, you must do it right, know what your doing, and you don't have to have a lot of money to start. Above all, be fair to the customers.

Janice
Inyo County Towing
California

I have to applaud you for your dedication to the towing industry and length of service. I have to agree with you that you don't need a lot of money to start and customer service is everything. Cheers to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard Feldman in Apo

27 months ago

I have a business plan template. I was wondering if there were any finished business plans out there specific to a tow truck company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Larry in Dayton, Ohio

27 months ago

harleyunion683 in Canal Winchester, Ohio said: Want to start a business have the money to buy a rollback need advice other than invest into someone else to do it and succeed in columbus ohio

I have a all alum. rollback complete bed with wheel lift on the back for sale. 21ft.x96inch in good condition. thanks Larry Dayton Ohio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Doeboy in Jacksonville, Arkansas

26 months ago

Hello
I have a Ford F350 and I would like to do roadside assistance

1- what tools do I need on the truck???
2- how much money can I make per call ??
3- what do I need to start ??

Can anyone help and give me any info on this ??? Thanks Doeboy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pigface51@yahoo.com in Apo

26 months ago

sean in Mount Holly, New Jersey said: no it is not what you need to do is offer a better service and lower rates then them with out cutting your chance of profit. i have been doing this for about ten years and know all the tricks to the trade. you can e-mail me at lehnercntrctng@aol.com if you need more advice

I plan on starting up a tow truck business soon not sure if i should buy a piece of property or work from home to start off with I live east of Dallas but would think Dallas would offer a better chance of being successful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nubia in Miami, Florida

25 months ago

I've doing research on how to open a towing company. Did you ever get the info you needed? It is especially tough if you are female in this industry.

re:

TowPassion in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey guys, I am a female interested in the towing business . My kids grandfather owned a tow truck business for a number of years. He was a great man and left this earth too soon. I rode with their father day in and day out on tows and just became passionate about the business. My two boys are now 20 and 17 years old(both have clean driving records), both in school trying to decide their future, but I honestly think that we can pull this off. I think a lot people perceive towing as a male dominated business, do you have any advice for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dereck Towing in Orlando, Florida

25 months ago

Wally @ howtotow.com was a good help 2 me starting up!! def. recommend him, he's fair and doesent try to mislead you like most the guys online in the forums trying scare people away from the towing business!! someone recently mentioned howtotow.com on a post on here and imma confirm that guy has given me alot of advise in the past year or 2.. my advice is start small, start w/payed off truck(s) and watch it all grow! oh and start with a Flatbed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

25 months ago

Dereck Towing in Orlando, Florida said: Wally @ howtotow.com was a good help 2 me starting up!! def. recommend him, he's fair and doesent try to mislead you like most the guys online in the forums trying scare people away from the towing business!! someone recently mentioned howtotow.com on a post on here and imma confirm that guy has given me alot of advise in the past year or 2.. my advice is start small, start w/payed off truck(s) and watch it all grow! oh and start with a Flatbed!

This is Wally or Old Tow Guy. I appreciate your comments Dereck and wish you the best my friend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ZombieTow in Long Beach, California

18 months ago

I am a sales Manager at a tow company, if you have any questions about PPI's I will be more than happy to help you with that. I know all the laws for PPI ( in California )
KhrysMartinez@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

18 months ago

Dereck Towing in Orlando, Florida said: Wally @ howtotow.com was a good help 2 me starting up!! def. recommend him, he's fair and doesent try to mislead you like most the guys online in the forums trying scare people away from the towing business !! someone recently mentioned howtotow.com on a post on here and imma confirm that guy has given me alot of advise in the past year or 2.. my advice is start small, start w/payed off truck(s) and watch it all grow! oh and start with a Flatbed!

Hey Dereck,

Just checking in with you to see how your progressing since the last time we spoke.

Wally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Geneva, New York

17 months ago

Carlos A in San Jose, California said: Hi i live in California Santa Clara County where there is lots of vehicles always running around. An the best thing i live on a strip where there is 13 car dealer ships. I know in this time there isn't much work and i been looking for work i have the tow truck driving experience im a grease monkey mechanic i know how to tow a vehicle even if its on rims. But i tried applying for work with a tow company but im always turned down saying the position was already taken. What do u guys think i should do im applying for a grant to buy a tow truck and i really want to get into the business it doesnt matter about working days and nights as long as im working and im not sitting on my ass any feed back is really appreciated

hey carlos, i see you stated that your applying for a grant to buy your tow truck, can you please tell where you applied for this grant, I am also trying to start a tow truck buisness, have everything in order, but dont have a truck and been trying to figure out how i can get funded for this, if theres any help you can provide it will be helpful. thank you and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Old Tow Guy in Auburn, Washington

17 months ago

Jose in Geneva, I think a grant would be great if you can get one. Do you have any credit established? If you do then you should have no problem getting a loan especially if you can show that you can secure local business accounts including motor club accounts and show a projected future income. My question is how tight is the banking industry today? I used to buy my new trucks with no money down but that was back in 1997, 1998 before the recession hit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Inyo County Towing in Ridgecrest, California

17 months ago

Jose in Geneva, New York said: hey carlos, i see you stated that your applying for a grant to buy your tow truck, can you please tell where you applied for this grant, I am also trying to start a tow truck buisness, have everything in order, but dont have a truck and been trying to figure out how i can get funded for this, if theres any help you can provide it will be helpful. thank you and good luck!

No grants....forget it. You have to pay them back and if your not careful, those grants will bite you in the butt. Do it cash.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

prinmalik in Gadsden, Alabama

16 months ago

dan said: I LIVE IN A RESORT AREA 40 MILES WEST OF AUSTIN , TX. THERE ARE APPROX. 9 TOW TRUCK COMPANIES IN THE SURROUNDING AREA.IS THIS TO MANY TO COMPETE WITH?
I HAVE THE FUNDS TO BUY ROLLBACK , IMPOUND LOT ETC.WHAT DO THINK.

Could anyone tell me how to get contracts with your towing service?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.