Legal Transcriptionists needed

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

I was a court reporter. I am working on rebuilding my speed. I'm at 225, but I'm not ready.

I don't care how hard up I am, there is no way I would transcribe for $1.00 a page. My guess is you are getting $3.00 or $4.00 a page - and paying us hard-up people $1.00 a page. I sure someone will take it.

But if you are a well-established court reporting firm, wouldn't it be easier to take your reporters who are available and have them restroke the testimony using their CAT writers and have a transcript that just needs to be dumped and edited?

One hour of testimony is equal to about 40 pages. A good writer could do the restroking/rewriting; dump the notes; then others edit and polish the transcript. Get two court reporters rewriting - and you could do 100 pages an hour.

I don't think your work is real kosher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

And no experience necessary???? They will train you to do the transcripts??? Are you blanking kidding?

Your ad screams to me you are looking for free work, and after you get people to do this work, you will tell them it wasn't good enough and you can't pay them.

Again, I don't think your work, nor you, are kosher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.