Boom or bust?

Comments (4)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most transportation manager opportunities?

Alan Sperling in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

I just don't understand why companies list job opportunities but never get back to you for an interview, all I get is thanks for applying, but we have soo many applicants and if your qualifications meet our standards we will let you know. But I have all the qualifications they need so what is it. Just seeing how many people respond to that or just to see how many people are out of work.

R.M. in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

Alan,

You are so right. I have applied for a boatload of trans. managers jobs. I have a ton- I mean a ton!- of experience, meeting all of the qualifications for these postings and I get no response. Either they are not prepared to handle the volume of replies or the HR departments are inept. Trust me- many HR departments are where the not so gifted hang out. At any rate I have read that less than 5% of all jobs are filled by internet postings. Networking gets the highest marks for the landing of a job. Good Luck to you Alan.

A.S. in Winder, Georgia

70 months ago

It is a fact that most postings are not filled via internet. The best way to land a job in todays market is networking. Most HR folks are trying to fill the position with the least expensive canidate. They do not understand that a key Transportation person pays for their salary ten-fold. A good book to read is Gueri`lla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0. May not land you a job but it will give you some new ideas to add to your search.

Good luck

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.