Transportation Security Officer airport transfer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Wrace in Saint George, Utah

19 months ago

I have been offered a job at an airport 5 hours away from where I currently live. Before I accept I want to know that if I get my foot in the proverbial door, can I put in for a transfer to my home airport. And how long do I have to work there before I can put in said request.
Also, what exactly is the 2 year trial period? Does that mean they can fire you at will or what?
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Airport Safety in Enfield, Connecticut

18 months ago

You are done with the process? I'm surprised they allowed the 5 hour travel period. Mine wants all staff to be within an hour or they eliminate candidates (and they clearly had that listed on the application). Yes, they can fire you at will especially if you are a behavioral or safety risk. The kicker on transferring is tough. Reason? you need to be filling an open spot. That answer is going to be if someone quits or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wrace in Saint George, Utah

18 months ago

Airport Safety in Enfield, Connecticut said: You are done with the process? I'm surprised they allowed the 5 hour travel period. Mine wants all staff to be within an hour or they eliminate candidates (and they clearly had that listed on the application). Yes, they can fire you at will especially if you are a behavioral or safety risk. The kicker on transferring is tough. Reason? you need to be filling an open spot. That answer is going to be if someone quits or not.

I would have moved to the job. I fortunately was offered another job the next day in my home town, which I accepted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hongsonkeisha in Cebu City, Philippines

2 months ago

well at least you could have accepted that job. Being a transportation security officer airport transfer is really a good job.
hmmm... i also one of the personnels at www.shuttletucsonconnection.com and this company is so far really good one for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.