Working hours for Transportation Security Officer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 2552)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Elizabeth in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Does anyone know where you go for an interview? Is it where you applied to be stationed or would it be the closest to where you live now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Enforcer in Del Rio, Texas

58 months ago

Miimi in New Braunfels, Texas said: thanks... I to went through each step and did my physical and drug test last friday! Ha ha Also still waiting.....

Does the color vision test consist of looking at flash cards or identifying colors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Enforcer in Del Rio, Texas

58 months ago

How many assesment test do you need to take, I took the computer test word knowledge, paragraph comprehension, and the part identifying objects and passed, is there another assesment test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Salvatore.Officer in Denton, Texas

55 months ago

When you leave the airport, do the TSA Officer need take off the badge? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Windermere, Florida

54 months ago

Mike said: So is there anyway that a person can take the test and everything for the TSA slot in a different city than the job. Then if you get the job move to that city?

Yes. My friend took the test for an opening in HI. He lives in MI. as far as the interview and such I am unsure but the application process and the computer based can be done from anywhere as long as it is available near you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

54 months ago

Nick in Auburn, Washington said: Hi all, does anyone know the type of color vision test that you have to pass to become a TSO? I am scheduled to take the computer-based test (english/x-ray test) this weekend. I am red/green colorblind so I'm not sure if it's worth my time to continue in the application process.

You cannot be colorblind and work for the TSA because of the colors on the X-ray. It would be impossible for you to do certain things that all TSOs must do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ztopgun in La Habra, California

53 months ago

Hi, I have a 3-hour interview at LAX next week. I passed the computer test and did all my online and faxing stuff within 4 months or so from today. What can I expect at the interview? What are the next processes? I dont have perfect vision, so can I be denied employment even if I wear glasses? What do they look for during the medical exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ztopgun in La Habra, California

53 months ago

Hey ya'll, passed my airport assessment test & interview today, next I call to schedule my medical & vision exam in a couple weeks. They are doing a background and credit check now. Then after I pass all that, then I wait for a call to attend orientation. Wish me luck and I wish u all luck as well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Deanna5 in Eugene, Oregon

52 months ago

Tatiana said: I did all the things you just metioned last summer. I didn't get another call from TSA until Feb of this year, then I had to go through all the medical forms and get cleared from that. It's been 14 months since I first applied for this position and I just got hired this past week. It may take a while, but it's worth it. Good Luck!

Wow that is a long time. I am waiting on my interview an e-86.Wondering if it would take as long . It all went fast till the assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deanna5 in Eugene, Oregon

52 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: By the way the process seems to be moving along a lot faster now then it has in the past. I was a TSO from 2004 to 2006 and resigned in 2006. I VERY MUCH regret resigning from the TSA. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I have reapplied last Saturday, Sunday i was sent something saying I passed min quals and they asked me to print out 2 forms to sign and fax to them, I did so and Monday (2 days after applying) I received an e-mail asking me to schedule my computerized test which is now scheduled for 2 days from now on Wednesday. I am curious how long it will take after that this time, last time my total process was from July and hired in November.

Hello, I live in Eugene .I want this job sooo bad. I am at the point of contengent offer or interview wait. I sent my e-86. I hope I get the job. If I made it this far is it a good chance that I will make it? I worked for the State of Oregon in a group home and quit due to the increase in sex offenders. I hope that does not look bad in my e-86 I have issue w/sex offenders /violent ect.thanks for reply. Deanna I started this in feb so it was moving fast till credit check ,just pased now waiting....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sin City in Las Vegas, Nevada

52 months ago

Nick in Auburn, Washington said: Hi all, does anyone know the type of color vision test that you have to pass to become a TSO? I am scheduled to take the computer-based test (english/x-ray test) this weekend. I am red/green colorblind so I'm not sure if it's worth my time to continue in the application process

Hey did you ever get the job as a TSO. Iam color blind aswell and I am not sure if i should continue on the application process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

abmbustos in Glendale, Arizona

52 months ago

Tatiana said: I did all the things you just metioned last summer. I didn't get another call from TSA until Feb of this year, then I had to go through all the medical forms and get cleared from that. It's been 14 months since I first applied for this position and I just got hired this past week. It may take a while, but it's worth it. Good Luck!

Hi.just wondering what is that computer based test for tranportation security officer ( tso) is ? I go in a few days to take a 2hr test in phx,az

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Waiting to take the test again... in Chattanooga, Tennessee

51 months ago

I dont know why or how I failed the TSA computer test but I did. I am smart, been a store manager for 10 years, and very responsible. Took the written part of the test, and the XRay screening test. All I can guess is that I said I saw objects in the Xrays that I mistook for objects they ask me to identify... without telling too many secrets, can anyone tell me who passed the test if they felt they had to really search for the objects they asked for, or are they as easily seen as the examples they give you??? Also is there anywhere I can go to train for screening before I take the test?? Please Help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

smacy in Bay City, Michigan

51 months ago

I took the test a few days ago. I felt the 1st section was easy but the xray part was challenging toward the end. I did not pass either. I was so disappointed. I wish I could find out my % score. If I take the test again in 6 months I wish I could practice before I take it, I'm sure I can't though. I know one thing, I will take that break offered in between tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Swearing in tomorrow in Cordova, Tennessee

51 months ago

Waiting to take the test again... in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I dont know why or how I failed the TSA computer test but I did. I am smart, been a store manager for 10 years, and very responsible. Took the written part of the test, and the XRay screening test. All I can guess is that I said I saw objects in the Xrays that I mistook for objects they ask me to identify... without telling too many secrets, can anyone tell me who passed the test if they felt they had to really search for the objects they asked for, or are they as easily seen as the examples they give you??? Also is there anywhere I can go to train for screening before I take the test?? Please Help!!

I just wanted to tell you that when I took the CBT and it came to the Xray parts if I didn't see it, I clicked NO! I really think that this Xray part also is an Integrity test as well because believe me when I say if I didn't see I said NO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

Swearing in tomorrow in Cordova, Tennessee

51 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the class consists of? I swear in Tomorrow in Memphis Tn and start the training. I was told that I also had to certify to for sure get the job..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EROC in Amityville, New York

50 months ago

Mike said: So is there anyway that a person can take the test and everything for the TSA slot in a different city than the job. Then if you get the job move to that city?

I live in new york and took the test for california airport in queens ny. They said I would have my airport assesment in either new york or cali,its been 7 months and I am still waiting on the assesment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

v_acevedo@live.com in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

I took the computer based test and received an email within an hour after completing it, that I had passed. I am currently in the credit check phase and was wondering how long it took to hear back from the TSA during this phase in the process. Thanks and I look forward to reading your comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HelpMePlease in Chattanooga, Tennessee

50 months ago

Swearing in tomorrow in Cordova, Tennessee said: I just wanted to tell you that when I took the CBT and it came to the Xray parts if I didn't see it, I clicked NO! I really think that this Xray part also is an Integrity test as well because believe me when I say if I didn't see I said NO!

I know TSA tests are secret and Im not asking for an answer sheet, which I know would be wrong, but everyone knows you will have to be able to identify objects on an xray screener...let me give you an example question...say you had to identify if you the outline of a duck, a cow, or a bird, (for the people who passed)did you see the "duck""cow""or bird" in the test exactly the same way they showed it in the examples ? or were the "duck", "cow", or bird hidden, or partially hidden behind other objects? or are they clearly identifiable as they show in the examples??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Color test in Rouses Point, New York

50 months ago

I have a red-green definencey in the color test......will that fail me for the TSA job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kitty in Charleston, South Carolina

50 months ago

I've applied, and things have gone very quickly so far. It's only been a month since I submitted my applicaiton My credit check was started last Wed, it's now been a week. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an answer/email invite to fill out the e-86? If anyone can give me an estimated time frame I'd really appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

HelpMePlease in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I know TSA tests are secret and Im not asking for an answer sheet, which I know would be wrong, but everyone knows you will have to be able to identify objects on an xray screener...let me give you an example question...say you had to identify if you the outline of a duck, a cow, or a bird, (for the people who passed)did you see the "duck""cow""or bird" in the test exactly the same way they showed it in the examples ? or were the "duck", "cow", or bird hidden, or partially hidden behind other objects? or are they clearly identifiable as they show in the examples??

sometimes they are clear and sometimes they are hidden behind/among other objects. You have to look. It is not a trick. Not every image has the target object in it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

I was a TSO for 2 years, when I was hired I was promised FT employment within a year of employment and at 2 years they still had nothing in sight as far as full time. Normal working hours and weekends is NOT something you should ever look forward to at the TSA. I knew people who had been there 15 years and still worked evening shifts with tuesday/wednesday off. I found out 3 years after leaving (I would have been there 5 years) that my team went up to 32 hours a week up from 25. If you are looking for full time steady 9-5 work then this job is NOT for you and never will be. A lot of shift work, christmas' in the airport and shutting down concourses at the end of the night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

By the way Deanna, Eugene isn't hiring until the end of the year, that is the same airport I was going through and I called and straight up asked. She said airport assessments would be taking place in November or December.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyk

50 months ago

Kitty, I don't know how long it takes. I called and asked after a couple of weeks and they told me to go ahead. I've been waiting for the credit check to clear for 2 weeks now...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

deanna in Eugene, Oregon

50 months ago

Wow thanks for the info. I went and got my CNA. I would love to have both jobs . I wonder why sooo late Nov Dec??? Then why did they want people in the poolfor TSO so early??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gary in Taylor, Michigan

50 months ago

any info on how to study for the cbt ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

smacy in Bay City, Michigan

50 months ago

Be well rested, take that break they offer. I don't know of a way of studying. Brush up on your elementary english/grammer reading comprehension for the first part of the test. If you learn of way to prepare for the second part let me know. I messed that one up. Should have taken that offered break.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gary in Taylor, Michigan

50 months ago

TWO QUESTIONS
FIRST QUESTION DO YOU GET HEALTH INSURANCE WHEN YOU ARE PART TIME EMPLOYMENT?
SECOND QUESTION THE E-86 IS IT A FORM THEY GIVE YOU OR DO YOU CREATE IT YOURSELF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Nyk said: Kitty, I don't know how long it takes. I called and asked after a couple of weeks and they told me to go ahead. I've been waiting for the credit check to clear for 2 weeks now...

Just so you know, I submitted my paperwork to start the credit/background check on May 12. Today, May 28, I received the email invite to fill out the e-86. That's a period of 2 1/2 weeks turn around. I'll keep you posted on my process so the rest of you have something to measure against.

A here's the timeline for my app:
Applied Mon April 19.
Got email response to take test Thurs Apr 22.
Took Test Fri Apr 30. Received email back same day.
Sent in release forms May 12.
Received email to fill out e-86 May 28.

I'll let you know as things progress - wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyk

50 months ago

gary in Taylor, Michigan said: TWO QUESTIONS
FIRST QUESTION DO YOU GET HEALTH INSURANCE WHEN YOU ARE PART TIME EMPLOYMENT?
SECOND QUESTION THE E-86 IS IT A FORM THEY GIVE YOU OR DO YOU CREATE IT YOURSELF

Question one : As I understand it you get full time bennies for part time TSO.

The e86 form is online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Deanna seemed really stupid to me to and I wouldn't believe it, if it hadn't come directly from the supervisor there herself. I was expecting to have already done the AA by now personally. Where did you get your CNA through and how long? I'd really like ultrasound tech but there aren't any colleges in this part of Oregon who offer that :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Gary when I was a Tso from 2004 to 2006 I was offered health insurance but couldn't afford it, they wanted 300 n some dollars a month to cover me and I only made like 650 every 2 weeks so it seemed pointless to work. I went without insurance the entire time working there. The federal government you'd think would give you free insurance but they don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nesha in Gardena, California

49 months ago

Quick question ;; if i have a unpaid ticket does that affect me during the background check process because thats thee step that im on now ;; umm it's just a jay-walking ticket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Hanover, Maryland

49 months ago

I am mildly color blind and can distinguish colors fine, but I wasn't able to pass that stupid color test until I found Dr Thomas Azman. I went to his office got special lenses and can now pass test every time! Checkout the site www.colormax.org, when I contacted them the dr himself called me back and answered all my questions and out me at ease with his 100% guarantee! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

typha in Renton, Washington

49 months ago

Kitty in Charleston, South Carolina said: Just so you know, I submitted my paperwork to start the credit/background check on May 12. Today, May 28, I received the email invite to fill out the e-86. That's a period of 2 1/2 weeks turn around. I'll keep you posted on my process so the rest of you have something to measure against.

Applied Mon April 19.

So far it seems to be hurry up and wait. I started the process at the end of march, have made it all the way through and passed the medical eval. They are still sitting on my e-86 with no end in sight. Every time I call to check on it, they say that there are alot of people applying, so everything is taking longer. I still have the background check to go before entering the ready pool. After that, who knows how long I will sit in there? The airport I applied to said they want people up and going by August - I don't know how that is going to happen at this rate. So far, in my experience, the big wheels of government turn pretty slow. Anyone that I have talked to and asked about a timeline for how long this is going to take, the answer has always been 6 months to a year from application to on the job. I am glad they are thorough, although it does seem like alot to go through for the amount they pay.

Upward Bound in San Jose, California

49 months ago

typha in Renton, Washington said: So far it seems to be hurry up and wait. I started the process at the end of march, have made it all the way through and passed the medical eval. They are still sitting on my e-86 with no end in sight. Every time I call to check on it, they say that there are alot of people applying, so everything is taking longer. I still have the background check to go before entering the ready pool. After that, who knows how long I will sit in there? The airport I applied to said they want people up and going by August - I don't know how that is going to happen at this rate. So far, in my experience, the big wheels of government turn pretty slow. Anyone that I have talked to and asked about a timeline for how long this is going to take, the answer has always been 6 months to a year from application to on the job. I am glad they are thorough, although it does seem like alot to go through for the amount they pay.

Hi Typha--I passed my required exams on May 19, 2010. My background form was submitted this week. I am going through a contractor for the Gov. called Covenant Aviation Security. Are you also going through a contractor? They told me there will be a class held this Sept. The starting pay in SFO is 19.00 hr. Is that the same in WA? What did the medical exam consist of? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Nyk said: Kitty, I don't know how long it takes. I called and asked after a couple of weeks and they told me to go ahead. I've been waiting for the credit check to clear for 2 weeks now...

Hi NYK and Kitty: I was told this week 6/29/10 that the timeframe for the background check would be 30 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Kitty in Charleston, South Carolina said: Just so you know, I submitted my paperwork to start the credit/background check on May 12. Today, May 28, I received the email invite to fill out the e-86. That's a period of 2 1/2 weeks turn around. I'll keep you posted on my process so the rest of you have something to measure against.

Applied Mon April 19.

How's it going for you Kitty?

ZAMARA in Beaumont, Texas

48 months ago

I NEED KNOW IF IM TO OLD FOR A TSO JOB I HAVE 49

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bogly in Burbank, California

48 months ago

Sarah in Placitas, New Mexico said: Can't really go into detail about what happened- they make you promise not to. There is a color vision test, paperwork, fingerprints and a couple of interviews. You have a leg up being female.

I'm a color deficient person (color blind) is that a reason for my application to be denied? Please help! I need a factual answer! Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chrisevans937 in Dayton, Ohio

48 months ago

TSO_ NO! in San Diego, California said: As a new TSO it was very disheartening to find that the only path to full time was to accept a split shift first, Can't even bid for full time if you are a part time employee, only if you are a split shift employee first. Great for management, sucks for you! who want's to spend two additional DEAD hours at the airport with nothing to do? Not me!!

See i dont mind a split shift, how many hours are considered part time though? Im wanting a full time position though but the announcement says part time. I swear when i filled out for the position it said Part time/full time positions available. What gives, why dont they have full time positions?

Im wanting to get into TSA and eventually be an Air Marshal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

in n out in Daly City, California

48 months ago

hi upward bound, i recently filled out the online E86 at convenant aviation too for screener at SFO. the e86 was torturous.....i wonder if there is any more interviews, and what the next steps are after background check

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chrisevans937 in Dayton, Ohio

48 months ago

My Credit check just went through, now im in the airport assesment, what happens now do i get a phone call or something. What is the airport assesment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rookie in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

I applied on 06/26/10
Took the exam today and passed 07/09/10
Accepted the offer 07/09/10

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sugerbell in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

smacy in Bay City, Michigan said: Be well rested, take that break they offer. I don't know of a way of studying. Brush up on your elementary english/grammer reading comprehension for the first part of the test. If you learn of way to prepare for the second part let me know. I messed that one up. Should have taken that offered break.

What was the second part?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

sugerbell in Bronx, New York said: What did the test consist of ?

english/grammer reading comprehension, vocabularies and second part
X-Ray pictures to identify weapons and objects.

here are the sample pictures:

www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?src=findsimilar&assettype=Film&sfkc=30%20Seconds%20or%20Greater%3BAirport%3BLuggage%3BX-ray%20Equipment%3BSecurity%3BX-ray%20Image,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Columbus, Ohio

48 months ago

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, but if you can and know the answer; will having sought treatment for alcohol or drug addiction rule you out as a candidate? I know that other federal agencies have this policy and even polygraph to get the information. The military doesn't like it either. But, TSO doesn't have anything on their site about this topic.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Trell in Thibodaux, Louisiana

48 months ago

Rookie in Brooklyn, New York said: I applied on 06/26/10
Took the exam today and passed 07/09/10
Accepted the offer 07/09/10

Hey I've made it all the way to the airport asessment. I"m still waiting on somebody to call me for the interview. It has been about a week and a half since I took and passed the test. Whats your progress?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Trell in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: Hey I've made it all the way to the airport asessment. I"m still waiting on somebody to call me for the interview. It has been about a week and a half since I took and passed the test. Whats your progress?

TSA is doing my credit check. I hope it will not take long.
My friend got called four months later after his credit check for airport assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.