Working hours for Transportation Security Officer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2501 to 2550 of 2596)
Page:  « First « Previous   48  49  50  51  52  Next »   Last »

beewit2es in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

Salem in River Forest, Illinois said: I called the Help desk today to inquire about my ready pool status. ( I tried to call my local TSA hiring center for ORD/MDW in chicago and they have a recorded message saying the center is closed until August!!!!!) My background will expire 2/2012 and the rep suggested I look into other current openings in a city that may interest me. I started the process 9/2010. :(

were you hired??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Salem in River Forest, Illinois said: Just when I was about to give up all hope I was called. I start my training at the end of the month for ORD. Good Luck Everyone :)

how do you like it and do u know the next training session??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

waiting in Bronx, New York

15 months ago

Has anyone heard anything at all??

agwilson39@aol.com in Forney, Texas

15 months ago

yes.. my eod is 7/28/2013.

waiting in Queens Village, New York

15 months ago

Congrats!! When did u hear from them?

agwilson39@aol.com in Forney, Texas

15 months ago

waiting in Queens Village, New York said: Congrats!! When did u hear from them?

June 28th

waiting in Brooklyn, New York

15 months ago

That's great. I wish I was hearig that kind of news. I'm begining to worry. Smh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ppierre4389 in Brooklyn, New York

15 months ago

waiting in Brooklyn, New York said: That's great. I wish I was hearig that kind of news. I'm begining to worry. Smh

Finally after two long grueling months of waiting for that damn background check to clear, I was finally placed in the ready pool today. But now long wait again to be offered a position. Definitely not holding my breath.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Ppierre4389 in Brooklyn, New York said: Finally after two long grueling months of waiting for that damn background check to clear, I was finally placed in the ready pool today. But now long wait again to be offered a position. Definitely not holding my breath.

Congrats on getting in the pool. I'm really hoping that good call comes I. Sooner rather than later

15 months ago

waiting in Queens Village, New York said: Congrats on getting in the pool. I'm really hoping that good call comes I. Sooner rather than later

Yea hopefully, I still can't believe they haven't called you yet. Aren't they hiring girls first?

15 months ago

That's what it said. Idk how it works. I was banking on me being a female getting a call quicker. Lol. Guess that wasn't in the cards

15 months ago

waiting in Queens Village, New York said: That's what it said. Idk how it works. I was banking on me being a female getting a call quicker. Lol. Guess that wasn't in the cards

Smh. I just wish JFK or EWR would open up, we would definitely get called quicker

15 months ago

Ppierre4389 in Brooklyn, New York said: Smh. I just wish JFK or EWR would open up, we would definitely get called quicker

That's exactly wat I was thinking. I check usajobs all the time wishing something JFK would open up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

AC Lady in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

15 months ago

Does anyone know when the next training starts in MI?

15 months ago

i have been in the ready pool for midway and ohare airports in il since may :(
does anyone have any info as to when the next training session will be???

Aaron in Honolulu, Hawaii

14 months ago

Has anyone with a current security clearance applied for and been accepted by the TSA yet? I ask because I just completed the e86 (EQUIP form), ten year background check, and had a top secret clearance granted for the Army in March 2013. I am wondering if I will have to fill out the e86 and have a background investigation done again. I am wondering if this will be expedited. Will the TSA use the Department of Defense investigation, which will save them money and me time for getting hired? I have already passed the CBT, received a contingent offer, and sent off my fair credit act forms. Thanks for any information anyone has.

bj in Forest Hills, New York

14 months ago

EOD on 8/25 for JFK !!!

14 months ago

bj in Forest Hills, New York said: EOD on 8/25 for JFK !!!

Wow congrats! I wish JFK posted a vacancy so I could apply. I'm a little weary waiting on the call from LGA. lol

14 months ago

Finally made it to ready pool :)

14 months ago

AC Lady in Grosse Pointe, Michigan said: Finally made it to ready pool :)

Congrats! :-)

14 months ago

waiting in Queens Village, New York said: Congrats! :-)

Thanks! Let's just hope and pray I can stay afloat in the ready pool. (no pun intended)Haven't heard ANYTHING about DTW (Detroit), LAN (Lansing) or any big cities in Michigan for that matter.

Kimberly in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

Moved here to Texas in July 2013 and applied for TSO in August 2013. Got an invitation to go and take the screeners test and got home and read my email and I passed the test. The next week I was emailed to go over my e86 forms for the background check which is really extensive. I submitted my forms and within that week received a call to come in in October 2013 and take the color vision test. I am now waiting to take the next step. The coordinator told me be prepared to be there about 3 hours and it will also involve 2 interviews as well. I am looking forward to get to the next step.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

AC Lady in Grosse Pointe, Michigan said: Thanks! Let's just hope and pray I can stay afloat in the ready pool. (no pun intended)Haven't heard ANYTHING about DTW (Detroit), LAN (Lansing) or any big cities in Michigan for that matter.

Congratulations and good luck.

KrisChi in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

I am in the ready pool for OHare and Midway, but wondering if perhaps the sequester has resulted in a hiring freeze at TSA. Does anyone have any idea on that? I really wish they would call. I am worried my six months will be up before the sequester is resolved.

13 months ago

I suggest that you call the candidate dashboard and talk yo them. Don't get worried they are just usually slow with their process but good luck to you and well wishes.

KrisChi in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

Thanks Kimberly. I know I just need to be patient because these things can take a while. I got through the hiring process relatively quickly and things were moving along nicely but now it seems that things are at a standstill. I am hoping that perhaps they will start hiring again soon for the busy upcoming holiday travel season. Good luck and best wishes to you as well.

13 months ago

My signature forms have been rejected over 3 times, I keep submitting and faxing them over and having them checked through the candidate dashboard but they send them right back. I don't understand what the problem is. It is all information about me and my past housing and family and friends. Did you have any problems along the way in that area.

waiting in Flushing, New York

13 months ago

Are you getting an e-mail informing you of why they were rejected? I had mine rejected when I tried sending them in the summer. Their fax was down so I had to scan them and, upload them. they sent them back twice because it wasnt clear enough to see. Turns out once I cleared the sharpness of my scanner they went through.

11 months ago

I talked to someone in the HR dept for DTW Detroit, MI yesterday and they said hiring is at a halt until congress passes a new budget. The waiting game. Wonder what NY is like?!

mn in Cambridge, Massachusetts

11 months ago

I went to my physical appointment for TSA today. I applied to work as a TSO in Boston's Logan Airport. Passed everything with flying colors, but the doctor claims he hears a heart murmur. He couldn't give me clearance and now I have to go see my primary care doctor. My doctor has never mentioned a heart murmur. What's he talking about????? Ruined my day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Taisha in Albany, Georgia

10 months ago

Anyone here works in the Albany GA airport? How is it, and how long did it take to get hired? And how hard is it to get full time?

jfs9001 in Centreville, Virginia

10 months ago

Hello everyone!

Can anyone tell me what the shift choices are for part-time TSO's at Dulles Airport??? Thanks!!

10 months ago

Still not hiring in MI so I've decided to take the offer on Hilton Island, SC!
EOD 1-26-13
Orientation 1-27-13
:)

ryberg in North Haven, Connecticut

9 months ago

How many times are you allowed to retake the computer exam? does anyone know?

MJ in Los Angeles, California

9 months ago

Do you really have to be able to lift 70lbs?

corneltko3@gmail.com in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

Hey guys can someone please enlighten me about the e86 form, I have just completed it on tuesday and I am wondering how long does it take tp get the results and about how long should it be until the AA just asking guys thank u for your help

Mike in Hilo, Hawaii

7 months ago

I had an interview during the weekend, but during the interview one of the person had trouble reading the question. It sounded like english was their 2nd language. The other person could speak english just fine. The interviewers then told me to wait in the next room, where I stayed with other applicants who passed. I was the only person waiting in the room for 1 hour, watching the applicant before me, get her finger scanned. Then had 2 other applicants filling out paper work. It took 1 hour for this applicant to follow instruction on how to scan her fingers properly. After 1 hour passed an agent came to me and did the color blind test, which I had passed. Before they moved on to the finger print test, the individual went and open my folder up to see if I passed. Then they pulled me over the next room, and I waited 1 hour for them to tell me I didn't pass. I feel like I got cheated on this interview process. I am appealing the interview process right now, what do you guys think. I am pretty sure I nailed the questions they were asking on the dot. I saw a 20 year old pass and I was like how could they tell me I am incompetent, and that's why I failed. The other interviewer was drinking their coffee while interviewing me, I am not sure how much they were paying attention me or not. If they wrote down everything or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Salem, New Hampshire

6 months ago

ryberg in North Haven, Connecticut said: How many times are you allowed to retake the computer exam? does anyone know?

If you failed the computer exam, you can re-take it every 6 months. If you pass but, do not take the position, you can take it every 2 years.

CC in Salem, New Hampshire

6 months ago

waiting in Queens Village, New York said: Hi patience. I've been waiting a little over a month in the RP. I was just wondering if u would happen to have any information regarding the next class for LGA

The paperwork process is very slow moving in LGA. I know this because I worked there for 3 years. I am currently getting re-instated in BOS. They also stated, my paperwork would take awhile because of LGA's slow response time. I currently have an EOD date for May 2014.

ihope in Queens Village, New York

5 months ago

Applied for JFK and LGA at the beginning of April. Waiting for the call for the AA. Anyone else apply to these airports?

Pinky in Fullerton, California

4 months ago

I received a job offer today after 2 years process. My EOD is June 29th and the training will take place on June 30th, 2014 for John Wayne airport, Santa Ana, CA. Anyone will be starting the same day as me?

4 months ago

I finally have a star over the background portion of my application. Does anyone have an idea of when the next possible class for JFK or LGA will be?

LA in Savannah, Georgia

4 months ago

I started my application process back on April 2 and I have been through the whole assesment and I was placed in the ready pool on June 5th and now I'm just waiting for a call for my orientation. To anybody that received a job offered, how long did you have to wait before a job offer came to you?

4 months ago

It depends on how bad an airport needs people. I started mine on the 1st of April. Ready pool and the call to start on the 12th of June. EOD is the 15.

LA in Savannah, Georgia

4 months ago

Hopeully mines is a quick as yours...

LA in Savannah, Georgia

4 months ago

Anybody else on here applied for the Savannah (SAV)TSO position?

4 months ago

Hope so too. I know that wait can make you anxious. Good luck!!!

g7140 in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

ihope in Queens Village, New York said: Hope so too. I know that wait can make you anxious. Good luck!!!

Which airport did you apply to?

4 months ago

I got the call from JFK, but I applied to both JFK and LGA

defleimi in Honolulu, Hawaii

3 months ago

Aaron in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Has anyone with a current security clearance applied for and been accepted by the TSA yet? I ask because I just completed the e86 (EQUIP form), ten year background check, and had a top secret clearance granted for the Army in March 2013. I am wondering if I will have to fill out the e86 and have a background investigation done again. I am wondering if this will be expedited. Will the TSA use the Department of Defense investigation, which will save them money and me time for getting hired? I have already passed the CBT, received a contingent offer, and sent off my fair credit act forms. Thanks for any information anyone has.

I wonder the same. Im in the same boat as you as far as clearances go. What was your experience in hawaii....did you get the job and how long did it take you?

Page:  « First « Previous   48  49  50  51  52  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.