How do I get a job as a TSO Screener?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Will in Omaha, Nebraska

86 months ago

I have applyed for a TSO screener over a year ago and have called the toll free number every month. All they ever say is that my application is under review. Any way to speed things up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (118) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

jimlangowski in Fort Myers, Florida

84 months ago

ihave any notifaction if my application was exceptedor rejected

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

james e baker in Chattanooga, Tennessee

80 months ago

i have applied for tsa-screener in chattanooga i have 30 years of security experience desert shield/storm veteran 22 years military

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Zakiya Gresham in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

I am interested in working for TSA as a Screener.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jude in Brooklyn, New York

78 months ago

I'm looking for the security job in airport

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ROSE BROWN in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

MY FRIEND WAS TELLING ME ABOUT THIS JOB AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE TO DO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

K. Seymour in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

76 months ago

Any opening in Hot Springs, Ar. for an Transportation Security Officer's ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jimmcknight in Escanaba, Michigan

76 months ago

recieved duplicatejob posting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Seattle, Washington

75 months ago

The hush is that the Transportation Security Administration does not allow you to talk about the hiring process. Much like the FBI's hiring process is classified. Don't worry it's not that hard.

I worked at TSA for almost a year and a half and although it has it's up's and downs it's an agency that is always changing and getting better with age, much like wine. I will say this, when going for your interview wear professional business attire.

You will go through a background process that will lead to a security clearance so expect it to take a little bit before hearing anything. I can't say what the exact tests are but you'll go through a medical, eye and background to name afew. No don't worry about the Polygraph, there's none of that.

I wish you all the best. If I had any advice to give about my year and a half there I would say this. "Don't get involved" You won't understand it now but if you stay longer this six months you will.

Good Luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

richard moran

74 months ago

i 3was callled for a position but i ended up working for the same company who was going to end our work now i am not working for them now wish to have my previous app considered

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tamika in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

in Atlanta, Georgia"]I am interested in working for TSA as a Screener.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tamika in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

[I'm looking for the security job in airport atlanta georgia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisboa in Greenville, South Carolina

70 months ago

I have had my application with the TSA for over a year and I haven't heard a word from them. I have experience in Law Enforcement having worked as a NARC officer for the SPTBG Sheriff's Dept and over 20 years in a Science Laboratory. What does it take to get a job from the Homeland Security Dept at the Gvl-Sptbg International Airport?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

latoniadiva in Brookhaven, Mississippi

62 months ago

I am interested in a job with TSA in Rankin, MS Or Macon George

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jambaker in Chattanooga, Tennessee

62 months ago

ive requested job openings in my rea chattanooga

trfranklinjr@yahoo.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

62 months ago

Still looking for a full-time position with TSA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Missie1 in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

Reply: I go in for the computerized testing 2moro.. What should I wear.??

Paul in Seattle, Washington said: The hush is that the Transportation Security Administration does not allow you to talk about the hiring process. Much like the FBI's hiring process is classified. Don't worry it's not that hard.

I worked at TSA for almost a year and a half and although it has it's up's and downs it's an agency that is always changing and getting better with age, much like wine. I will say this, when going for your interview wear professional business attire.

You will go through a background process that will lead to a security clearance so expect it to take a little bit before hearing anything. I can't say what the exact tests are but you'll go through a medical, eye and background to name afew. No don't worry about the Polygraph, there's none of that.

I wish you all the best. If I had any advice to give about my year and a half there I would say this. "Don't get involved" You won't understand it now but if you stay longer this six months you will.

Good Luck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

helium.gomes in Greenville, South Carolina

58 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

helium.gomes in Greenville, South Carolina said: 577

ok i understand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

i understand everything

golden in Washington, District of Columbia

54 months ago

Paul in Seattle, Washington said: The hush is that the Transportation Security Administration does not allow you to talk about the hiring process. Much like the FBI's hiring process is classified. Don't worry it's not that hard.

Good Luck to all

Hey Paul,

So how would you rate the computer test and how should i prepare myself for it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Alexandria, Virginia

49 months ago

I would like to be able to communicate with anyone else who has applied to REAGAN and/or DULLES Airport(s) recently.

Marsha Smith in Brookhaven, Mississippi

49 months ago

I applied all i can say is just take th test had hope ha yu past it.

Marsha Smith in Brookhaven, Mississippi

49 months ago

I applied all i can say is just take th test hope that you past it. Can`t tell you nothing about the test.

Karen in Aurora, Colorado

48 months ago

Can anyone advise me on where/how to apply for a TSO position with TSA in Denver?

Louis in Brownwood, Texas

41 months ago

I am late to this discussion board stuff. It has been 6 weeks already and I just got my medical scheduled. To answer a question in here about getting applied for TSA, www.usajobs.gov, there has to be a position opened to apply for and after this, the waiting game like everyone goes thru. My question is, is it better to apply for a Part time position to get your foot in the door with TSA, or wait for the Full time position and apply for it? Any help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Louis in Brownwood, Texas

41 months ago

Karen in Aurora, Colorado said: Can anyone advise me on where/how to apply for a TSO position with TSA in Denver?

www.usajobs.gov

renosuv

40 months ago

Louis in Brownwood, Texas said: I am late to this discussion board stuff. It has been 6 weeks already and I just got my medical scheduled. To answer a question in here about getting applied for TSA, www.usajobs.gov , there has to be a position opened to apply for and after this, the waiting game like everyone goes thru. My question is, is it better to apply for a Part time position to get your foot in the door with TSA, or wait for the Full time position and apply for it? Any help?

Apply for the part-time position. There are comparatively few full-time TSO positions available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shakyrun@yahoo.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO COMING IN FOR COMPUTER TESTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANK YOU ROBERT L. CLARK JR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Janine in Queens Village, New York

28 months ago

Good Luck to all

don't get involve with the workers you mean?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.